Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win This Week- Guaranteed Playoff Birth?!
(10-22-2021, 08:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Like I said, injuries and then I also see turmoil for the Browns. I don't think they're mentally stable enough to withstand it all and I also don't think they have the leadership to weather the storm.

If we can squeeze out a win here or at least keep it close and then take care of the Jets in their place, I think we just steamroll the Browns in The Jungle.

Then we get a week off and then we'll have a tough stretch of games in the last 8.

I never thought they were a super bowl contender even healthy. Playoffs sure but Baker and Beckham are just an issue waiting to happen. Look what they did with a 3rd string QB
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nothing's guaranteed in the NFL but obviously yes this will have us in good stead for the rest of the season. Let us just take it one game at at time.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
Playoff birth? Who is having a baby?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 02:00 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Playoff birth? Who is having a baby?

I'm going to have one for dinner..bein a baby eater and all.. Ninja Being i don't pray and a non-believer and all everyone knows my type likes to eat babies..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 05:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: thats not how it works.... But winning doesnt hurt playoff chances.

This... We're 1 - 0 in the division. Keeping that first number significantly higher than the second will go a long way in getting us to the postseason.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 01:00 PM)The American Dream Wrote: Nothing's guaranteed in the NFL but obviously yes this will have us in good stead for the rest of the season. Let us just take it one game at at time.

Excellent coach speak.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 05:39 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, if we beat the Ratbirds but still lose to the Shitstains, then I'm no more confident than if we lose Sunday but win in two weeks, if that makes any sense.  If we went into the bye at 7-2, meaning we take the next three, then I really like our chances of getting a wildcard spot if not the actual division title.  Lose and we can still qualify but it's going to be a lot murkier.  There would be too many teams/variables at play to say anything definitively.

If Bengals reach 7-2 then I will be pretty certain of them getting into Playoffs and very disappointed if they do not. 

but see us at 6-3 most likely at this juncture, yet am still very excited about that record even

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 09:34 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't think so, the back half of our schedule is pretty tough.

Not as tough now as we thought denver lost 4 in a row, KC might not even been in playoff eligible is they dont get it together, browns have injuries and we would have beaten ravens already and have them at home
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 05:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Need to stay out in front of Chitsburgh and I see them losing their last 6 games. Unfortunately, that is also the tough part of our schedule.

Is "them" the Bengals?  You think they will lose their last six games?  

Chargers
49ers
@Broncos
Ratbirds
Chiefs
@Cleveland

The Bengals have lost ONE game at home and it was within inches of being a win.  No way the Chargers, 49ers, Rats, and Chiefs all beat the Bengals at home.  They at least get two wins out of that group.  And I bet they win BOTH the Broncos game and the Browns game, unless the Browns suddenly get healthy at about 10 positions.  
Reply/Quote