Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Biblically wrong’: OK lawmakers urge Obama’s impeachment over transgender bathrooms
https://www.rt.com/usa/343825-oklahoma-impeach-obama-transgender-bathrooms/

Quote:Lawmakers in Oklahoma have introduced legislation calling for President Barack Obama to be impeached because of his administration’s support for transgender bathrooms. Another bill calls for a declaration of emergency in the state.

In a measure called Senate Concurrent Resolution 43, Oklahoma lawmakers accused the Obama administration of overreaching its authority by issuing a directive last week stating that US schools risk losing federal funding if they don’t allow transgender students to use the bathroom of their choice. The measure states that the order “clearly and unequivocally exceeds the authority of the federal government.”

It also calls on US House representatives from Oklahoma “to file articles of impeachment against the President of the United States, the Attorney General of the United States, the Secretary of Education, and any other federal official liable to impeachment who has exceeded his or her constitutional authority.”

The lawmakers argue that the Constitution does not give the executive branch authority over public school systems or the use of their restrooms or shower facilities.

Shocked
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Never was so little done by so few for so many.
Oklahoma is not the only entity that thinks POTUS might have overstepped his bounds again.

Most have agreed in the past that a separate unisex facility is a reasonable accommodation; however, POTUS has said this is unacceptable.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-21-2016, 12:58 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Never was so little done by so few for so many.

I also read in the paper today that Oklahoma is trying to push through a law making abortion a felony.  Any doctor performing an abortion could lose their medical license and face charges.

Go Oklahoma Whatever

Edit: FYI, when I made this post I had not seen the other thread on the abortion issue. My apologies I was not trying to derail the thread. My point was/is Oklahoma seems to be losing its damn mind.
Overstepping his constitutional authority while trying to fulfill the duties of his office isn't grounds for impeachment. Laws or the courts can curb that.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]