Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Military-Style’ Firearms Aren’t Protected By Second Amendment, Court Rules
(02-26-2017, 12:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If you were shot, would you walk to the ER or drive an automobile there?

If someone was driving a truck through a crowd you're in. Would you close your eyes and let them run you over, or try to shoot the driver to stop them?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(02-26-2017, 03:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If someone was driving a truck through a crowd you're in. Would you close your eyes and let them run you over, or try to shoot the driver to stop them?

I don't carry in public so shooting the driver is out. So I would probably throw you under the truck to save myself then use my truck to drive you to the hospital. Regardless, you see the fallacy in guns save people and automobiles can't potentially save a life. We have ambulances in order to save people. 
I guess I'll repeat (as in every uhsult wepunz thread), the AR platform is extremely versatile and cost effective.
As several in this thread know, it is a tool, and with different parts it can do different jobs.
Much easier than buying several weapons.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(02-26-2017, 07:14 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I guess I'll repeat (as in every uhsult wepunz thread), the AR platform is extremely versatile and cost effective.
As several in this thread know, it is a tool, and with different parts it can do different jobs.
Much easier than buying several weapons.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

If by tool you mean a weapon designed and developed for the US Army as the standard issue rifle to replace the M14 which would fire a lightweight, high velocity round with similar wound effects of a .30 round, but lighter so the soldiers could carry more rounds pound for pound IOT kill the enemy . . . then, yeah, it's a tool. 
When we talk about gun control I always feel like I'm a relic of the past. I don't own a single semi-automatic firearm. All my handguns are revolvers, all my long guns are break-open, rolling block, bolt, lever, or pump. Well, I have a flintlock muzzle loading rifle, too. I feel like I should be yelling "get off my lawn!" at all of you.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-27-2017, 10:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: When we talk about gun control I always feel like I'm a relic of the past. I don't own a single semi-automatic firearm. All my handguns are revolvers, all my long guns are break-open, rolling block, bolt, lever, or pump. Well, I have a flintlock muzzle loading rifle, too. I feel like I should be yelling "get off my lawn!" at all of you.

Well unless your pistols are single action, they are technically semi-automatic.  Please don't argue with me because I'm approaching the end of my knowledge.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-27-2017, 10:50 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well unless your pistols are single action, they are technically semi-automatic.  Please don't argue with me because I'm approaching the end of my knowledge.

Revolvers are not technically semi-automatic but by the definition of one trigger pull one round fired, sure.  There was a true semi-auto revolver made by the British iirc.  While it functioned the concept obviously didn't take off.
(02-27-2017, 10:50 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well unless your pistols are single action, they are technically semi-automatic.  Please don't argue with me because I'm approaching the end of my knowledge.

They are single action. Ruger Blackhawks.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-27-2017, 12:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: They are single action. Ruger Blackhawks.

Well there goes my point.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-27-2017, 12:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: They are single action. Ruger Blackhawks.

Go to bed old man!

May I ask why your firearms collection is restricted to said pieces?
(02-27-2017, 12:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Revolvers are not technically semi-automatic but by the definition of one trigger pull one round fired, sure.  There was a true semi-auto revolver made by the British iirc.  While it functioned the concept obviously didn't take off.

I think I was quite explicit on the don't argue part of my statement.  

(02-27-2017, 12:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think I was quite explicit on the don't argue part of my statement.  

I can't, it's in my DNA and I have a sixth sense.
(02-27-2017, 12:11 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Go to bed old man!

May I ask why your firearms collection is restricted to said pieces?

Because it is a collection from my dad and myself that has happened over time and is a result of hunting in Pennsylvania where semi-autos weren't allowed for hunting. This will be the first year that they are allowed for hunting and since that was our primary use of the firearms, that was what we had. Now, this isn't to say I haven't seriously considered an auto-loader pistol, and still do to this day, and have owned them in the past (Ruger Mk II). I have fired all sorts of things at the range and think a G36, an M4, an MP5, and even a Barrett are fun as hell to shoot (it's nice knowing the owner of TSSI with his collection), I just have no practical purpose for them. I can make an argument for a semi-automatic pistol or two, though, because my wife handling my Blackhawk .357 magnum or Super Blackhawk .44 magnum just isn't happening.

(02-27-2017, 12:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Because it is a collection from my dad and myself that has happened over time and is a result of hunting in Pennsylvania where semi-autos weren't allowed for hunting. This will be the first year that they are allowed for hunting and since that was our primary use of the firearms, that was what we had. Now, this isn't to say I haven't seriously considered an auto-loader pistol, and still do to this day, and have owned them in the past (Ruger Mk II). I have fired all sorts of things at the range and think a G36, an M4, an MP5, and even a Barrett are fun as hell to shoot (it's nice knowing the owner of TSSI with his collection), I just have no practical purpose for them. I can make an argument for a semi-automatic pistol or two, though, because my wife handling my Blackhawk .357 magnum or Super Blackhawk .44 magnum just isn't happening.

Understandable.  My family is career military going back generations so you can imagine the firearms that they've picked up along the way.  Some of the firearms my dad sold make me weep.  If I might make a suggestion if you do buy a semi-auto, look at CZ.  My CZ SP-01 tactical, in 9mm, is my favorite pistol.  As you're a bit of a traditionalist, it's steel frame and slide, no polymer.  It's also accurate as hell, I can dump all 18 rounds into the 9 ring or better at a nice rate of fire. 

Of course, you talk to another gun guy and you'll get a completely different answer.
(02-27-2017, 12:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Because it is a collection from my dad and myself that has happened over time and is a result of hunting in Pennsylvania where semi-autos weren't allowed for hunting. This will be the first year that they are allowed for hunting and since that was our primary use of the firearms, that was what we had. Now, this isn't to say I haven't seriously considered an auto-loader pistol, and still do to this day, and have owned them in the past (Ruger Mk II). I have fired all sorts of things at the range and think a G36, an M4, an MP5, and even a Barrett are fun as hell to shoot (it's nice knowing the owner of TSSI with his collection), I just have no practical purpose for them. I can make an argument for a semi-automatic pistol or two, though, because my wife handling my Blackhawk .357 magnum or Super Blackhawk .44 magnum just isn't happening.

Must resist* dick joke. 

*Bfine, by resist I don't mean I'm going to physically fight Matt's dick in a bare knuckle street fight. 
(02-27-2017, 12:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Understandable.  My family is career military going back generations so you can imagine the firearms that they've picked up along the way.  Some of the firearms my dad sold make me weep.  If I might make a suggestion if you do buy a semi-auto, look at CZ.  My CZ SP-01 tactical, in 9mm, is my favorite pistol.  As you're a bit of a traditionalist, it's steel frame and slide, no polymer.  It's also accurate as hell, I can dump all 18 rounds into the 9 ring or better at a nice rate of fire. 

Of course, you talk to another gun guy and you'll get a completely different answer.

I'm a big fan of SIG and H&K, but a friend of mine had a CZ and I didn't have any issues with it. I'm not averse to polymer, though. I can't deny that I view some of my older firearms not just as tools, but as works of art. That being said, I can only go so far with that because I do use them in some conditions that wreak havoc on them. My Remington 788 is scratched all to hell from crawling under barbed wire to get to a good spot. Though what my father did to our 10 gauge I will never understand, he painted over the wood stock and black barrel with OD green. This was before I was ever born, but still. I do have a polymer stock for my 870, though, mainly because the original stock took such a beating over the years.

Anyway, right now I've been looking at a Walther that my wife has actually shot one of and liked it. So we shall see.

(02-27-2017, 06:28 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If by tool you mean a weapon designed and developed for the US Army as the standard issue rifle to replace the M14 which would fire a lightweight, high velocity round with similar wound effects of a .30 round, but lighter so the soldiers could carry more rounds pound for pound IOT kill the enemy . . . then, yeah, it's a tool. 

Well....yeah.
Besides starting avalanches, launching rope to adjoining sea vessels, and shit, wtf else would a gun be designed for ?
(Awaits lecture)

Besides....Stoner and I were tight.
He designed it for me, but I thought you guys might enjoy it and we told them not to use that powder.
Ninja
(02-27-2017, 03:40 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Well....yeah.
Besides starting avalanches, launching rope to adjoining sea vessels, and shit, wtf else would a gun be designed for ?
(Awaits lecture)

Besides....Stoner and I were tight.
He designed it for me, but I thought you guys might enjoy it and we told them not to use that powder.
Ninja

(02-26-2017, 04:22 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don't carry in public so shooting the driver is out. So I would probably throw you under the truck to save myself then use my truck to drive you to the hospital. Regardless, you see the fallacy in guns save people and automobiles can't potentially save a life. We have ambulances in order to save people. 

I never said automobiles can't save a life. I just said both can kill people, both can save lives, but one is treated far differently than the other.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(02-27-2017, 03:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote:

Thanks, Shirley ! 
Tongue