Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Outlaw’ country Peeps
Heading to see Colter Wall and Cody ‘High’ Jinks tonight! Been looking forward to this show for a long time. A lot of peeps around here haven’t heard of Colter before, but thanks to you guys he’s been on my radar for a while. Hell ya! This is gonna be a good time.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Outlaw?

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 08:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Outlaw?

Ok.....good ‘modern’ country. :)
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I knew I liked Cody Jinks before but that show was crazy good! Maybe it was the whiskey, or maybe it was other party favors :), but everyone was on point last night. I did don’t know anything about Red Shehan but check out his song ‘Men and Coyotes.’ I’m still humming it today.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 03:16 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I knew I liked Cody Jinks before but that show was crazy good!  Maybe it was the whiskey, or maybe it was other party favors :), but everyone was on point last night. I did don’t know anything about Red Shehan but check out his song ‘Men and Coyotes.’  I’m still humming it today.

Glad I looked that one up.  For a fleeting moment, I thought you were talking about Ed Sheeran, whom my wife thinks is pretty cool.  So much to the point, that when I turned the station during his song, she had words to say.  She said "How can you turn him off?  He's fantastic.  If something ever happened to you, I'd quit my job and go on tour following him like a groupie".  I smiled as I chuckled and just shook my head, as she took a playful swipe toward my chin.  She didn't realize what I was holding back from saying... In the back corner of my mind I was thinking "Sure, follow him on tour.  I'll bet he's just dying to get hold of a middle aged, overweight former cheerleader.."  Obviously, marriage has taught me to keep my truly humorous thought to myself.

Unlike the night a few years back, when I had to explain to her that Enrique Iglesias was obviously gay, and that he would much prefer to spend some quality time with our somewhat flamboyant nephew, than any alone time with her.  Let me tell y'all something.  You haven't lived, until your wife spits her Dos Equis down the front of your Mexican waiter's uniform.  Ah, good times.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Love good live shows, glad it was a good one for you.

Just went and seen As the Crow Flies in Lexington the other day. Great show.

Still have tickets to the Tedeschi Trucks Band with Marcus King warming up and the Bourbon and Beyond Show this summer as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 09:03 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Love good live shows, glad it was a good one for you.

Still have tickets to the Tedeschi Trucks Band with Marcus King warming up and the Bourbon and Beyond Show this summer as well.

The Mrs. keeps trying to get me to spring for some "Pop Country" shows.  We compromised, we're going to see Dwight Yoakum.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Cody Jinks never comes to Ohio... I know that had to be a good show.
I saw Colter Wall and Tyler Childers last fall.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 05:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Glad I looked that one up.  For a fleeting moment, I thought you were talking about Ed Sheeran, whom my wife thinks is pretty cool.  So much to the point, that when I turned the station during his song, she had words to say.  She said "How can you turn him off?  He's fantastic.  If something ever happened to you, I'd quit my job and go on tour following him like a groupie".  I smiled as I chuckled and just shook my head, as she took a playful swipe toward my chin.  She didn't realize what I was holding back from saying... In the back corner of my mind I was thinking "Sure, follow him on tour.  I'll bet he's just dying to get hold of a middle aged, overweight former cheerleader.."  Obviously, marriage has taught me to keep my truly humorous thought to myself.

Unlike the night a few years back, when I had to explain to her that Enrique Iglesias was obviously gay, and that he would much prefer to spend some quality time with our somewhat flamboyant nephew, than any alone time with her.  Let me tell y'all something.  You haven't lived, until your wife spits her Dos Equis down the front of your Mexican waiter's uniform.  Ah, good times.

LOL My wife has a good sense of humor too. God, that is irreplaceable. It's why i would never do anything to harm it. She bitches some too, but everytime I see her laugh? All those memories of crankiness fall off like dead leaves. Can't really explain how beautiful it is, but it is.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 07:33 PM)jason Wrote: Cody Jinks never comes to Ohio... I know that had to be a good show.
My best friend is a huge Tyler Childers fan.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 07:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: LOL My wife has a good sense of humor too. God, that is irreplaceable. It's why i would never do anything to harm it. She bitches some too, but everytime I see her laugh? All those memories of crankiness fall off like dead leaves. Can't really explain how beautiful it is, but it is.

Bless their hears for loving us not in spite of our distorted senses of humor, but because of them!   Cool

My wife is a terrific, highly educated professional.  She works a high stress job that also is quite draining to her emotionally, as well.  She just loves when I can bring her to laughter after an exhausting day saving children from the evils of the world.  I would do just about anything for her, but when she wanted me to go see Blake Shelton, I had to draw a line.  Lucky for me, I noticed that Dwight Yoakum is coming to a venue just 15 minutes from our house this August.  After I said "Let's go see Dwight Yoakum", I've not heard another peep about Blake Shelton...   Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 10:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bless their hears for loving us not in spite of our distorted senses of humor, but because of them!   Cool

My wife is a terrific, highly educated professional.  She works a high stress job that also is quite draining to her emotionally, as well.  She just loves when I can bring her to laughter after an exhausting day saving children from the evils of the world.  I would do just about anything for her, but when she wanted me to go see Blake Shelton, I had to draw a line.  Lucky for me, I noticed that Dwight Yoakum is coming to a venue just 15 minutes from our house this August.  After I said "Let's go see Dwight Yoakum", I've not heard another peep about Blake Shelton...   Ninja

Wasn’t Dwight Yoakum married to John Lennon? Then they divorced and Dwight tried to make amends and John said, “Yoko O No? I was pretty wasted when i watched the documentary, but I’m pretty sure that’s how it went?

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 10:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wasn’t Dwight Yoakum married to John Lennon? Then they divorced and Dwight tried to make amends and John said, “Yoko O No? I was pretty wasted when i watched the documentary, but I’m pretty sure that’s how it went?

Nah, Dwight was the guy doing your little sister, back in the '90s.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 10:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nah, Dwight was the guy doing your little sister, back in the '90s.

I don’t have a little sister? I had a dog named Fred? Ohhhh, I get it. Never mind.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 10:09 PM)Go Cards Wrote: My best friend is a huge Tyler Childers fan.

I just caught on to him last year myself. That dude just sounds like eastern Kentucky.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 07:33 PM)jason Wrote: Cody Jinks never comes to Ohio... I know that had to be a good show.

I saw Tyler Childers here in town about 3 years ago at a small little beer fest our local pizza joint puts on every year.  Who knew? LOL

I've seen Colter Wall at a music festival in my hometown, I really dug him.  

Slightly O/T, but have any of you seen the Brit Floyd tribute show to Pink Floyd?  We went this past weekend.....I gotta say, I was pleasantly shocked at how good that was.  If you're a Floyd fan, and they're close by, I definitely recommend. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 09:03 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Love good live shows, glad it was a good one for you.

You butthole.....I'm jealous LMAO

We went last year, and were going again this year.....until my wife had her gallbladder removed and the medical bills came rolling in.  Had to back up and punt on that one.  I thoroughly enjoyed last year, and this year's lineup is pretty damn good as well.  The thing that really pissed me off, was no Pappy Van Winkle last year, but this year, they have that and my two favorite Bourbons that weren't there last year either.....Elmer T. Lee and Blanton's.....along with W.L. Weller.  Oh well, tip a couple up for me!

(05-12-2018, 09:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Mrs. keeps trying to get me to spring for some "Pop Country" shows.  We compromised, we're going to see Dwight Yoakum.

Caught Dwight a couple years back at our hometown music festival, he still puts on a good show.  I'm finally getting to see John Prine this year at the same festival.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2018, 11:58 PM)jason Wrote: I just caught on to him last year myself. That dude just sounds like eastern Kentucky.

It's hard to get any further east in Kentucky than his hometown. Wink

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 09:12 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: You butthole.....I'm jealous LMAO

We went last year, and were going again this year.....until my wife had her gallbladder removed and the medical bills came rolling in.  Had to back up and punt on that one.  I thoroughly enjoyed last year, and this year's lineup is pretty damn good as well.  The thing that really pissed me off, was no Pappy Van Winkle last year, but this year, they have that and my two favorite Bourbons that weren't there last year either.....Elmer T. Lee and Blanton's.....along with W.L. Weller.  Oh well, tip a couple up for me!

Caught Dwight a couple years back at our hometown music festival, he still puts on a good show.  I'm finally getting to see John Prine this year at the same festival.

John Prine's gonna be in Cincy this month I think... Tyler Childers is opening.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 02:16 PM)jason Wrote: John Prine's gonna be in Cincy this month I think... Tyler Childers is opening.

Should be a good 'un then.

Reply/Quote