Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Outlaw’ country Peeps
(05-28-2018, 07:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's exactly the stuff I am referring to. Not all of it was depressing, but I know a good bit of it was.

Good lord. Most of that stuff I know the words to. Always brings back memories of drunk parents up till 4am during summers at the lake playing their favorite country via 8-track tapes.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2018, 07:28 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good lord. Most of that stuff I know the words to. Always brings back memories of drunk parents up till 4am during summers at the lake playing their favorite country via 8-track tapes.

For my father it was his woodworking music. He is where I got my eclectic taste in music because he was into all sorts of things from his era (he's a Boomer, born in 49 and did his stitch in Vietnam in 68-69) and so throughout my youth his music styles became favorites of mine. He didn't always listen to country, but that was what he listened to in the shop. He'd spend hours down there carving different things for people, making pieces of furniture or repairing them. Those country artists were the soundtrack to the time he spent down there. I tried to carve with him sometimes, but I am not artistic in any sense of the word so it just didn't stick with me. But those memories with him are what I associate with that music. Sometimes, I can smell sawdust or a woodburner while listening. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2018, 10:01 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: When you say older country, are you referring to the likes of  Twitty, Cash, Haggard, Nelson, Hank stuff? That was some really depressing stuff but I grew up with it and still enjoy listening (just have to be careful that I’m not drunk or had a shitty day).

This past Saturday, we had Willie from Austin City Limits, Merle from Billy Bob's, and The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (feat. Vince Gill and Allison Krauss) from The Ryman up on the big screen on the end of my house.....with plenty of brews and BBQ.  Good times!

If you think they're depressing, ya ain't doin' it right.....lots of uptempo stuff, and you left out THE MAN, Ol' Hoss, Waylon Jennings. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2018, 08:05 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: This past Saturday, we had Willie from Austin City Limits, Merle from Billy Bob's, and The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (feat. Vince Gill and Allison Krauss) from The Ryman up on the big screen on the end of my house.....with plenty of brews and BBQ.  Good times!

If you think they're depressing, ya ain't doin' it right.....lots of uptempo stuff, and you left out THE MAN, Ol' Hoss, Waylon Jennings. :andy:

I'll assume my invitation was lost in the mail.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote