Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘We're Going to Make the Rich Pay,’ Joe Manchin Tells Protesters From His Yacht
(10-05-2021, 12:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm saying it's not 40%. And I'm not sure the "tax foundation" is as non-partisan as they say they are...lol.

I just googled it. It is 40% of federal income tax. Your chart says “all taxes”.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I always wanted to see the actual revenue the top 1 percent make, so those who posted, thanks for sharing. I can't seem to be swayed into a 'fair share' argument based on Federal, or all taxes...both comparisons were made. The best case scenario, in the all tax argument, is that the taxes are slightly progressive. I know that there are SALT(state and local taxes) discussions involved with this bill also..I've seen the NY congress person on TV several times worried about the over taxing effects in NY concerned about flight issues.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 06:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I just googled it. It is 40% of federal income tax. Your chart says “all taxes”.

We pay "all taxes".  That's why the 40% number is misleading.

And the article touches on how the country and the "rich" operated just fine with higher tax rates.  In fact most Americans operated fine that way.  But St. Ronnie thought everyone would do better if the rich kept more money and they freely handed it down to everyone else.

Spoilers:  He was wrong.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 08:49 AM)GMDino Wrote: We pay "all taxes".  That's why the 40% number is misleading.

And the article touches on how the country and the "rich" operated just fine with higher tax rates.  In fact most Americans operated fine that way.  But St. Ronnie thought everyone would do better if the rich kept more money and they freely handed it down to everyone else.

Spoilers:  He was wrong.

I guess this is the new approach? When talking about federal income tax, declare that talking about federal income tax is misleading?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
So when they were yelling tax the rich at a US Senator they were talking about local taxes?

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 11:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I guess this is the new approach?  When talking about federal income tax, declare that talking about federal income tax is misleading?

(10-06-2021, 11:53 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So when they were yelling tax the rich at a US Senator they were talking about local taxes?

If don't agree that's fine.  If you have to find a way to say I'm wrong by focusing on one federal tax that's fine.  

When talking about tax the rich I don't know what everyone is talking about individually.

The 40% number sounds really big...and is misleading.  

Raising their rate, closing loopholes, would be good for the country, and that has been shown.  As long as we can slow or stop the hiding of the money.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 11:53 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So when they were yelling tax the rich at a US Senator they were talking about local taxes?

I admire your commitment here, but he's never, ever, going to admit he's wrong.  Of course they're talking about Federal income tax.  Unless the legislation that Manchin, and fifty-one other senators, is blocking has to do with state and local taxes.  Does it?  Ninja
Reply/Quote