Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
“Inflation Reduction” Act
(08-19-2022, 02:08 AM)basballguy Wrote: You have a serious flaw in how you post on this forum.

You post as if your point of view and knowledge is always right...which is a shame.  There's no objectivity in how you talk.  Your anecdotal evidence is just that.  

Sorry man, but bad post is a bad post.

Not trying to boost anyone here, but if there's ANYONE on these boards that I would turn to for knowledge on US procedures, government things, organizational stuff, etc., it would be Matt.

Opinion or not, he is wrong SIGNIFICANTLY-less than he is right.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 10:15 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sorry man, but bad post is a bad post.

Not trying to boost anyone here, but if there's ANYONE on these boards that I would turn to for knowledge on US procedures, government things, organizational stuff, etc., it would be Matt.

Opinion or not, he is wrong SIGNIFICANTLY-less than he is right.

I don’t know who Matt is l (I guess that’s the name of Belsniickel?)

I will believe data more than some random person on the internet any day of the week.

https://trac.syr.edu/tracirs/latest/679/

Will the IRS suddenly change how they do business with more agents? I guess we will see
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 03:47 PM)basballguy Wrote: I don’t know who Matt is l (I guess that’s the name of Belsniickel?)

I will believe data more than some random person on the internet any day of the week.

https://trac.syr.edu/tracirs/latest/679/

Will the IRS suddenly change how they do business with more agents? I guess we will see

That is interesting data. I left the tax game in FY 2012 and stayed in contact with folks for about 2-3 years after that. That article mentions the shift occurring during and immediately following that period. I knew the staffing had been a concern, but I had not realized that the examiners now outnumbered the agents. My information is outdated. Based on your article, when I was more involved in tax (and when I considered an IRS job) they were focusing on the higher income folks more.

So, to answer your question: yes.

If you read the article, you will see that what is needed is revenue agents as those are the more knowledgeable folks. Quite frankly, anyone on this board could be an examiner. It doesn't take very much skill or tax knowledge to do those audits. They are the H&R Block employees in the private sector. What they are looking to hire are the CPA types who can look at the more complicated returns that have been apparently been overlooked for the past 6-ish years due to low staffing. So the article you just linked helped answer the question.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/i/status/1560663299578298368

This video shows the training that recruits are being put through. Their mock target is the owner of a landscaping business, not some wealthy executive. This will predominantly target small businesses, of whom most are conservatives. It started with the useless COVID shutdowns, and now there is this.

At this point I am simply ceasing to care. When the majority of your population is reliant on the government, either through welfare or by being a government employee, then this is the legislation that you get.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 06:17 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: https://twitter.com/i/status/1560663299578298368

This video shows the training that recruits are being put through. Their mock target is the owner of a landscaping business, not some wealthy executive. This will predominantly target small businesses, of whom most are conservatives. It started with the useless COVID shutdowns, and now there is this.

At this point I am simply ceasing to care. When the majority of your population is reliant on the government, either through welfare or by being a government employee, then this is the legislation that you get.

The vast majority of hires will not be LEOs. They will be auditors. They won't be carrying firearms, but calculators and red pens.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 06:17 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: https://twitter.com/i/status/1560663299578298368

Nothing against the landscaping business. I know the one I worked for paid illegals under the table and the owner was a rich asshole who had the dope fiends as his personal tree crew to bring drugs to his vacation home

And this local story that’s had this other landscaping business in the news
https://www.fox19.com/2021/12/08/evans-landscaping-owner-doug-evans-out-prison-early/

Don’t be a tax cheat and you won’t have anything to worry about. Pretty simple, follow the law.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 01:00 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Nothing against the landscaping business. I know the one I worked for paid illegals under the table and the owner was a rich asshole who had the dope fiends as his personal tree crew to bring drugs to his vacation home

And this local story that’s had this other landscaping business in the news
https://www.fox19.com/2021/12/08/evans-landscaping-owner-doug-evans-out-prison-early/

Don’t be a tax cheat and you won’t have anything to worry about. Pretty simple, follow the law.

Then just make a flat tax so everyone pays the same rate - then you dont even need an IRS. 

Or, curb welfare, food stamp, govt assistance and Medicaid fraud - Oh wait, that would hurt the dem base, lol
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 12:31 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Or, curb welfare, food stamp, govt assistance and Medicaid fraud - Oh wait, that would hurt the dem base, lol

40+ years of the GOP acting like this was the most important thing on earth and here we are.  Funny, that.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 12:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 40+ years of the GOP acting like this was the most important thing on earth and here we are.  Funny, that.

So you agree we should just have a flat tax.

I’m glad you see the common sense of it
Reply/Quote
Mother, should I trust the government?
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 03:18 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Mother, should I trust the government?

They spent the sixties and seventies telling us not to. Weird reversal
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 04:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They spent the sixties and seventies telling us not to. Weird reversal

I’m getting “Ms. Crabapple, you forgot to assign us homework!” vibes.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 04:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They spent the sixties and seventies telling us not to. Weird reversal

Lol. So true.

Democrats from 1955-1990. ‘Down with the government’

Democrats today: ‘Trust them with your personal health, your finances, our various freedoms. But don’t let them enforce the border tho’.
Reply/Quote

Well, tbf, the people who said that are now in the government.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 07:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well, tbf, the people who said that are now in the government.

Probably won’t be audited either, if I had a guess.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 07:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well, tbf, the people who said that are now in the government.

That is true.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Let's not forget how thankful we were the government was spying on us to protect us from mooslims over there in the 2000s.

Bipartisan support for the Patriot act really showed how the two sides can get along. 
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 01:24 PM)ATOTR Wrote: So you agree we should just have a flat tax.  

I’m glad you see the common sense of it

My preferred form of taxation requires us to stop voting for politicians who promise huge military initiatives, walls, and other pricey stuff that we have to pay for. 

We wanna dance but we hate to pay the band.  Entitlement is the word. 
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 08:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: My preferred form of taxation requires us to stop voting for politicians who promise huge military initiatives, walls, and other pricey stuff that we have to pay for. 

We wanna dance but we hate to pay the band.  Entitlement is the word. 

So what is your preferred form of taxation?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 08:45 AM)ATOTR Wrote: So what is your preferred form of taxation?

Im still of the no income tax mindset, but I'm starting to just give up on all that.  People want too much stuff grom the government. 
Reply/Quote