Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“On to Detroit”
Honestly I hope this team comes out and takes care of business next week. This game was such an emotional roller coaster would hate to see them come out next week and lay an egg against an 0-5 team. 4-2 would be much better for the psyche than 3-3 coming off a loss to the only winless team in the league when they head to the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 12:05 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Honestly I hope this team comes out and takes care of business next week. This game was such an emotional roller coaster would hate to see them come out next week and lay an egg against an 0-5 team. 4-2 would be much better for the psyche than 3-3 coming off a loss to the only winless team in the league when they head to the Ravens.

I'd say it's probably gonna be a pick em game.. It wouldn't suprise me in the least if the Bengals lose to Detroit. This might be the worst loss since the Stealer playoff game. We all know what happened after that game. 5 years of suckage. This one was rough...
Reply/Quote
Meh, I think Detroit gives us a "get right" game just like Jacksonville did. They're bad and we can play C+ football and handle them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I think Detroit gives us a "get right" game just like Jacksonville did.  They're bad and we can play C+ football and handle them.

Good point.. I could see this game being won within 3 points either way..
 Burrow will probably get them in field goal range in the final seconds. McPherson will hit and everyone will be all money McPherson This and legs Benedict that..
And Burrow will be the next Brady again..
Reply/Quote
Detroit game is a must win.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I think Detroit gives us a "get right" game just like Jacksonville did.  They're bad and we can play C+ football and handle them.

Jacksonville was after a win in Pitt. Detroit is after a loss they could have won. I expect them to come ready and focused next week. 

Wanna see something funny? Uh, my pants are on btw...

Here is the Bengals scoring by half this year

Game, First, Second, *OT
#1 -----14-----10--------3 *
#2 -----00-----17--------0
#3 -----14-----10--------0
#4 -----00-----24--------0
#5 -----14-----08--------0 *

So, if that holds up, next week should look something like, shutout in the first half then rebound with 36 in the second half. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Not saying it'll be a blowout, but if we can't beat a freaking Dan Campbell coached Lions team then just fold up shop now and turn PBS into affordable housing.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 02:52 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Not saying it'll be a blowout, but if we can't beat a freaking Dan Campbell coached Lions team than just fold up shop now and turn PBS into affordable housing.

It's comments like this that will make the Bengals lose next Sunday as well  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 02:52 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Not saying it'll be a blowout, but if we can't beat a freaking Dan Campbell coached Lions team then just fold up shop now and turn PBS into affordable housing.

Dan Campbell is a miracle worker for Detroit's standards.. Hell, me might replace Henry Ford as the most influential Detroiter if it keeps up.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 12:05 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Honestly I hope this team comes out and takes care of business next week. This game was such an emotional roller coaster would hate to see them come out next week and lay an egg against an 0-5 team. 4-2 would be much better for the psyche than 3-3 coming off a loss to the only winless team in the league when they head to the Ravens.

This is a big week for the Bengals.  Detroit has been in every game, and despite their record they are not a pushover. 

The Browns have the Cardinals next week, and the Rats have the Chargers.  Great opportunity to move up in the division.  
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 03:10 AM)grampahol Wrote: Dan Campbell is a miracle worker for Detroit's standards.. Hell, me might replace Henry Ford as the most influential Detroiter if it keeps up.

Dan Campbell has certainly lived up to his promise to turn the Lions from a team that always loses, to a team that always loses tough...I'll give him that.  Unfortunately, he's an NFL HC and not a guy who is on his first day of a prison sentence.  Promising to be tough while getting your ass kicked isn't going to earn him as much cred here.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I think Detroit gives us a "get right" game just like Jacksonville did. They're bad and we can play C+ football and handle them.

They have been in some close games. They lost to both the Ravens and Vikings by 2 points. Point being the team is going to have to find a way to recharge after that let down, because if they come in flat and play C+ football they will likely be coming out with a loss.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 06:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is a big week for the Bengals.  Detroit has been in every game, and despite their record they are not a pushover. 

The Browns have the Cardinals next week, and the Rats have the Chargers.  Great opportunity to move up in the division.  

You beat me to it. Despite being 0-5, the Lions haven't been getting blown out from week to week. They've been in some close games. Obviously, at 0-5 they aren't great but I'll drop the "any given Sunday" line and offer the Bengals could lose this one. Let's hope Zac and squad send Detroit to 0-6.
Reply/Quote
I'm predicting wins against DET and NYJ, losses against BAL and CLE.
Go into the bye week at 5-4.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 01:08 AM)Tony Wrote: I'd say it's probably gonna be a pick em game.. It wouldn't suprise me in the least if the Bengals lose to Detroit. This might be the worst loss since the Stealer playoff game. We all know what happened after that game. 5 years of suckage. This one was rough...

Hardly. The players know they won't win every game, even though they'd like to. There was no melt down in this game. They took a perennial playoff team and reigning league MVP to the wire in overtime, and lost on a field goal. If anything, they should gain confidence from this game that they can beat any team. Obviously, the wind was doing strange stuff down there for both kickers to miss over and over like that, the proverbial PBS swirl or something. It was a loss, but it wasn't a bad loss, unless Burrow and Bates can't go this week.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:20 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: They have been in some close games. They lost to both the Ravens and Vikings by 2 points. Point being the team is going to have to find a way to recharge after that let down, because if they come in flat and play C+ football they will likely be coming out with a loss.

Can Dampbell promised tough losses, so I foresee the Bengals handing them another heart breaking loss by 3 points.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm predicting wins against DET and NYJ, losses against BAL and CLE.

I'd call this a success. I was thinking 2-7 when the schedule first came out. 5-4 would be progress, especially for a Taylor coached team. If the Bengals can finish the year 9-8 or better while keeping Burrow healthy, then I'm feeling optimistic about next season and the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:41 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'd call this a success. I was thinking 2-7 when the schedule first came out. 5-4 would be progress, especially for a Taylor coached team. If the Bengals can finish the year 9-8 or better while keeping Burrow healthy, then I'm feeling optimistic about next season and the playoffs.

5-4 is great going into the bye, but seeing the back half of the schedule, I think getting a winning record could still be tough.

Chargers, Chiefs, Browns, Ravens will all probably be favored after the bye.
If the Bengals lose those games, they'd end up with 8 losses (assuming they lose two more before the bye).
Raiders I could see going either way, but maybe favoring LV given they are playing in LV.
I can see the Bengals getting a win against PIT and probably one of 49ers or Broncos.
So probably at best 10 wins, but more realistically 7-9 wins.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: 5-4 is great going into the bye, but seeing the back half of the schedule, I think getting a winning record could still be tough.

Chargers, Chiefs, Browns, Ravens will all probably be favored after the bye.
If the Bengals lose those games, they'd end up with 8 losses (assuming they lose two more before the bye).
Raiders I could see going either way, but maybe favoring LV given they are playing in LV.
I can see the Bengals getting a win against PIT and probably one of 49ers or Broncos.
So probably at best 10 wins, but more realistically 7-9 wins.

My preseason prediction was 10, so we are on track. Both Lamar and Mayfield are on the brink of injury, Lamar with his hips and Mayfield with his chest. And now Burrow with his throat. Anything can happen in this division at this point.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm predicting wins against DET and NYJ, losses against BAL and CLE.

Not trying to be rude but that's not much of a limb you're standing on predicting the clear favorite to win each game. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote