Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“On to Detroit”
(10-11-2021, 10:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: My preseason prediction was 10, so we are on track. Both Lamar and Mayfield are on the brink of injury, Lamar with his hips and Mayfield with his chest. And now Burrow with his throat. Anything can happen in this division at this point.

I do think injuries will play a part of the outcome, especially QB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:36 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not trying to be rude but that's not much of a limb you're standing on predicting the clear favorite to win each game. 

Why stand on a limb? It's a realistic prediction. I don't do the "bold predictions."
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Like other have said the Lions have lost a lot of close games including this week vs. the Vikings and losing on a last second 66 yard Justin Tucker field goal vs. the Ravens. We can't start slow like we always do on offense and allow them to hang around like the Jaguars. Defensively we need to stop the run outside of the tight end the Lions have no legit weapons. On offense we should in theory be able to exploit this secondary but I’ll believe it when I see it.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:44 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Like other have said the Lions have lost a lot of close games including this week vs. the Vikings and losing on a last second 66 yard Justin Tucker field goal vs. the Ravens. We can't start slow like we always do on offense and allow them to hang around like the Jaguars. Defensively we need to stop the run outside of the tight end the Lions have no legit weapons. On offense we should in theory be able to exploit this secondary but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Lions will win one sooner than later....

Lets just hope its later...
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: 5-4 is great going into the bye, but seeing the back half of the schedule, I think getting a winning record could still be tough.

Chargers, Chiefs, Browns, Ravens will all probably be favored after the bye.
If the Bengals lose those games, they'd end up with 8 losses (assuming they lose two more before the bye).
Raiders I could see going either way, but maybe favoring LV given they are playing in LV.
I can see the Bengals getting a win against PIT and probably one of 49ers or Broncos.
So probably at best 10 wins, but more realistically 7-9 wins.

I agree with the losing record, but I'm hoping for at least 9 wins.

& as we still play the Ravens, can the Bengals please contain Lamar and not get embarrassed by him? We won't totally stop him, but please don't get owned by him either.
Reply/Quote
We just lost to the 2nd best team in the NFC last year. It was a game that we had more than one opportunity to win, and our idiot kicker (got liquored up) blew it. These are just growing pains for a team on the rise. We're playing a floundering Detroit Lions next week, and we're gonna wax them... With or without Burrow.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 11:01 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I agree with the losing record, but I'm hoping for at least 9 wins.

& as we still play the Ravens, can the Bengals please contain Lamar and not get embarrassed by him? We won't totally stop him, but please don't get owned by him either.

Lamar Jackson is very hard to contain.
Look at the Broncos game - while he only rushed for 28 yards on 7 carries, he passed for 316 yards on 37 attempts.
On the flip side, the Raiders game (which they lost in OT) he only passed for 235 yards on 30 attempts but ran for 86 on 12 rushing attempts.
Chiefs game was similar to Raiders game. Lower passing yards, but 107 rushing yards.

Dude is just that good.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 12:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Lamar Jackson is very hard to contain.
Look at the Broncos game - while he only rushed for 28 yards on 7 carries, he passed for 316 yards on 37 attempts.
On the flip side, the Raiders game (which they lost in OT) he only passed for 235 yards on 30 attempts but ran for 86 on 12 rushing attempts.
Chiefs game was similar to Raiders game. Lower passing yards, but 107 rushing yards.

Dude is just that good.

Totally agree, he's a stud. My self-centered Bengals-fandom perspective leads me to believe he dominates us more than other opponents. I'll need to check the stats on this!
Reply/Quote
Jackson is infuriating because he can almost adapt his style of play according to the situation. The other team takes away the pass? He destroys them on the ground. The other team takes away the run? He manages just fine in the air.

Your defense basically needs to play lights out on the ground and in the air to stop him. Basically a perfect defensive game plan. Tall order.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 06:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is a big week for the Bengals.  Detroit has been in every game, and despite their record they are not a pushover. 

The Browns have the Cardinals next week, and the Rats have the Chargers.  Great opportunity to move up in the division.  

Detroit should be taken just as seriously as GB...they have been in the games and barely lost to Vikes a team we barely beat. 
The BIG Q right now is Burrows throat issue and can he play and also can he call plays loud enough in an away setting? 
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter who we are playing. We'll keep the score close. Playing to our competitors level seems to be good enough.
Reply/Quote
Given how the Jags game went, this one is by no means a sure thing.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm predicting wins against DET and NYJ, losses against BAL and CLE.
Go into the bye week at 5-4.

If they do hold serve with DET and NYJ, the Cleveland game will be the swing game. I think they have a chance there to go 6-3, with the game being in Cincy. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 12:05 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Honestly I hope this team comes out and takes care of business next week. This game was such an emotional roller coaster would hate to see them come out next week and lay an egg against an 0-5 team. 4-2 would be much better for the psyche than 3-3 coming off a loss to the only winless team in the league when they head to the Ravens.

No doubt. Time to take care of bidness and destroy those Lions. Need to put 50 on them. 

Our Offense needs to score some damn points!Mad

NO MERCY!!!Smack
Reply/Quote
I think this will be an ugly game. The Bengals SHOULD win because they are the better team, but, the Lions are overdue for a win and I bet you they are pretty confident they can beat the Bengals at home. The Bengals need to shake off the tough loss yesterday and use it as incentive to go and beat the hell out of the Lions.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 12:05 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: ... the only winless team in the league...

Detroit is the only winless team in the league?
Ummmm, did Jacksonville win a game?
Reply/Quote
I think a lot of you are in for a healthy dose of disappointment this season. They should beat the Lions, Jets and maybe Oakland. Other than that I see a bunch of Ls piling up over the second half of the schedule. As much as we hate them, Cleveland and Baltimore are way better than the Bengals. I predict another top ten pick in the 2022 draft.
Reply/Quote
Both the Rats and the Stains have victories this year courtesy of the zebras making BAD calls. Detroit should have beaten the Rats but the refs decided otherwise; likewise the Vikings should have beaten the Stains save for a phantom call by a ref.

Should we beat the Lions? Yup. But knowing incompetent Zac they will play down to the level of the competition and make it another cardiac episode.
Reply/Quote