Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“Trust me I’m going to get there” B J Hill
'Trust Me. I'm Going  To Get There': How Defense Came Up Big Late In Bengals' Win Over Seahawks
https://www.bengals.com/news/trust-me-i-m-going-to-get-there-how-defense-came-up-big-late-in-bengals-win-over
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Might be the Bengals best trade ever. And Reggie Nelson.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 08:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Might be the Bengals best trade ever. And Reggie Nelson.

The continuity has played a key role in the Bengals success especially on defense.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 08:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Might be the Bengals best trade ever. And Reggie Nelson.

That Billy Price draft pick ended up being so bad, but getting Hill salvaged so much out of that terrible decision. Especially seeing as how Price is on Dallas’ practice squad and BJ is playing great football on a contender.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 09:20 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: That Billy Price draft pick ended up being so bad, but getting Hill salvaged so much out of that terrible decision. Especially seeing as how Price is on Dallas’ practice squad and BJ is playing great football on a contender.

Oddly enough, as recently as last week, some on here were clamoring about BJ Hill not being worth the money he was signed for, and generally complaining about a lack of production from the interior DL.  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 09:31 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oddly enough, as recently as last week, some on here were clamoring about BJ Hill not being worth the money he was signed for, and generally complaining about a lack of production from the interior DL.  Mellow

I think it was just me haha.

And I will say Hill had a great game on Sunday. The defense, as a whole, played a hell of a lot better than they had in the entire season previously (minus Hendrickson, Wilson and Dax, who have been clutch all year).
Reply/Quote
BJ Hill already almost to what he had in 16 games last year for sacks.
2.5 already this year, 3.0 last year.
If Hill continues this pace, he will have a career year for sacks.
Hill is also already at 20 total pressures, which is pace of over 50. Not quite Atkins level (60-80) but it's close.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The defensive line seems to be getting to the QB a lot more frequently this year. Trey is already just 1 sack shy of last years total. And has had 3 taken off the board by penalties that had no effect on the outcome of the play.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 09:55 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think it was just me haha.

And I will say Hill had a great game on Sunday. The defense, as a whole, played a hell of a lot better than they had in the entire season previously (minus Hendrickson, Wilson and Dax, who have been clutch all year).

It was me too. But I made the thread before the season started.

BJ Hill is a nice piece, but at the time I didn't think he was worth top 10 DT money he is making. He is having a good season, though. We will see how it winds up.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 10:08 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It was me too. 

BJ Hill is a nice piece, but I dont think he's worth the top 10 DT money he's being paid. Just my opinion. 

yea, my perspective was similar. He is being paid a lot money, but is not producing like a top end DT. I suggested there was a chance he'd be cut to save 7.5 million dollars in cap, especially with contracts of Reader and Higgins coming due, that money could come in handy for re-signing our top guys.

But if he has games like Sunday every week, I will happily retract my sentiment Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 10:00 AM)ochocincos Wrote: BJ Hill already almost to what he had in 16 games last year for sacks.
2.5 already this year, 3.0 last year.
If Hill continues this pace, he will have a career year for sacks.
Hill is also already at 20 total pressures, which is pace of over 50. Not quite Atkins level (60-80) but it's close.

Imagine what his numbers and others on DL would look like if we had a legit back up 3 T to rotate or work with other then Zack Carter who I forget is on the roster quite honestly. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 10:21 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Imagine what his numbers and others on DL would look like if we had a legit back up 3 T to rotate or work with other then Zack Carter who I forget is on the roster quite honestly. 

I dunno what's going on with Carter, honestly.

He was a good pass rusher in college.
His tape showed someone who could win in multiple ways.
He also played multiple spots across the DL.
One thing though coming out of college is he was more of a big DE body type, not a DT.

I haven't gone back to watch replays of his snaps, but I wonder if he just doesn't have the strength/physicality to get through NFL size IOL like he did OL in college.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
When we made the trade, I was like "eh, better than a sharp stick in the eye". He's gone on to somewhat offset the disastrous pick of Billy Price. I mean, he's not been a first round talent, but he's played well, and had a few critical plays here and there. Definitely eased the sting of the Price bust.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Both Hills (BJ and Dax) got fined from the Seahawks game. BJ got $10,927 for an unnecessary roughness and Dax $14,731 for his "helmet to helmet" hit. 3 Seahawks fined too. Metcalf and Dissly $16,391 for unnecessary roughness and Adams $50,000 for verbal remarks and inappropriate physical contact with an independent doctor during a concussion evaluation.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/10/21/23926846/seahawks-bengals-fines-jamal-adams-dax-hill-dk-metcalf-will-dissly?fbclid=IwAR2-hLWy9YMN1Dii9VfCiNnxZEJ2UD87bcAraWshm_Ex--hM79NsnAW1egM
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 08:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Might be the Bengals best trade ever.  And Reggie Nelson.

Good trade, yes....but it still won't beat James Brooks for Pete Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 11:22 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: Good trade, yes....but it still won't beat James Brooks for Pete Johnson.

Good call
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Nice article where Lou Anarumo speaks highly of BJ Hill.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/lou-anarumo-praises-b-j-hill-as-rare-talent/ar-AA1iEb5F?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=709a64a50b794f5f90f6dc34ad913877&ei=52

Quote:Cincinnati Bengals fans were used to this interior defensive line being one of the most formidable in the NFL.

While the start of the season was less than ideal when they were run over by Nick Chubb, the unit has bounced back well over the past few weeks.

A big part of that has been defensive tackle B.J. Hill, who made the game-winning hit on Geno Smith last week to give Cincy a must-have win over the Seattle Seahawks.

Let’s just say defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo understands the value of Hill and just how unique of a player he is for this unit.

“(Hill’s) a good three-down guy, a three-down player that can affect the quarterback. (But) stout enough to sit in against these double-team hard-run teams. Those guys are hard to find these days, and they’re smart football players. They don’t make error in there. It’s important those guys play that way and are consistent,” Anarumo told Bengals.com’s Geoff Hobson.

The Bengals absolutely fleeced the New York Giants for Hill back in 2021, trading him for center Billy Price. He was drafted by the Giants in the third round of the 2018 NFL Draft and has since proven to be a staple for the defense.

Hill ended last season with a career-high 68 tackles. He chipped in three fumble recoveries and a career-high four passes defended. Through six games, he has 15 tackles and 3 sacks, on pace for a career-high in the latter as well.

Hill didn’t play much in the 2021 regular season, as he was in on only 47% of the defensive snaps and started just two games.

In 2022 and 2023, he’s played 79% and 73%, respectively, and has started 22 games. He’s been a force for Anarumo, and expect Hill’s impact to continue as the season progresses.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2023, 10:56 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Both Hills (BJ and Dax) got fined from the Seahawks game. BJ got $10,927 for an unnecessary roughness and Dax $14,731 for his "helmet to helmet" hit. 3 Seahawks fined too. Metcalf and Dissly $16,391 for unnecessary roughness and Adams $50,000 for verbal remarks and inappropriate physical contact with an independent doctor during a concussion evaluation.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/10/21/23926846/seahawks-bengals-fines-jamal-adams-dax-hill-dk-metcalf-will-dissly?fbclid=IwAR2-hLWy9YMN1Dii9VfCiNnxZEJ2UD87bcAraWshm_Ex--hM79NsnAW1egM

You sure you're not talking about DJ?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 10:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You sure you're not talking about DJ?

That ludicrous call? Joe never gets those calls. 
Reply/Quote
LOVE IT!

When our defensive line continues to build this type of confidence and gets after the opportunity quarterback, especially in key moments, we'll be VERY tough to beat because teams HAVE to throw to try and keep up with Burrow and our offense!

Imagine if we found an offensive line to protect Burrow for even an average amount of time: NO TEAM would be able to keep up with us!
Reply/Quote