Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“We’ve all seen this movie before”
... Right down to holding onto a kicker much too long, or not playing WR’s picked high in the draft.

The past 3 or 4 seasons, save 2015 (and even then parallels exist), have been eerily similar to the Carson era, not least of which is massively neglecting to protect the QB. It’s why Carson left, among other reasons.
If you don’t think somebody (Carson or Andy) has reached out to the other, then you’ve under estimated human nature.

Yes we’ve all seen this movie before, so it’s laughable to read comments blaming the actors, when the script is outta their control & followed line for line by shitty (a) director(s) & producer(s) to make a movie just as shitty as the original where the star gets killed because of an inept supporting cast.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Same as it ever was......

[Image: C9Qh4bG.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All true

Marvin should have been fired the day after the meltdown against Steelers in the playoffs.

He should have been fired long before that because of his prior unprecedented bad playoff record and unprecedented losing record against the Steelers.

It is beyond belief that any other organization would not have replaced the GM, Head Coach and staff long ago.

Only the Bungels. I hate that name but that is the organization I have supported for 50 years.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Same as it ever was......

[Image: C9Qh4bG.gif]

Look at those state-of-the-art special effects! Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
what I find so offensive is Marvin is always laughing and jolly at the post game press conferences. He's got no fire in him. You don't see Tomlin acting like that after a loss
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:51 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: what I find so offensive is Marvin is always laughing and jolly at the post game press conferences. He's got no fire in him. You don't see Tomlin acting like that after a loss

I don't mind him being jolly or good-natured at press conferences. But, I definitely wish he were more angry on the sidelines during games. I also wish the local media were harsher on him.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Look at those state-of-the-art special effects! Mellow

Nothing but the latest and the greatest for Son of Paul! Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
We're the real fools expecting a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years to suddenly become a juggernaut.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:51 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: what I find so offensive is Marvin is always laughing and jolly at the post game press conferences. He's got no fire in him. You don't see Tomlin acting like that after a loss
Tomlin's a petulant child coaching an NFL team while he waits for his career as Omar Epps' stunt double to really take off.

Guy tried to trip an opposing team's player during a play, then tried to play the 'Whoopsie! Innocent mistake, I swear!" card. Of course he's pouting after a loss.

This isn't to say Marv's shiny happy giggle-fests are enjoyable at all, they're not. But if we're going to compare him to other coaches that'd be better, can't it at least be one with some semblance of class? Not only that, on the list of negatives about Marvin as a Head Coach, his demeanor in press conferences is pretty low on the list (at least for me). How about a coach that can game-plan, make adjustments when needed, and will play the best players available regardless of if they're rookies or not? That might actually result in success on the field. How he behaves in front of the press is largely irrelevant as far as what we as fans ultimately want to see out of the coach and team.

What's next? "Marvin never looks overly upset when the team gets penalized. You don't see John Harbaugh acting like that, he's always screaming and looks baffled that you can't just assault WR's whenever and however you please."
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 04:23 PM)Ravage Wrote: Tomlin's a petulant child coaching an NFL team while he waits for his career as Omar Epps' stunt double to really take off.

Guy tried to trip an opposing team's player during a play, then tried to play the 'Whoopsie! Innocent mistake, I swear!" card. Of course he's pouting after a loss.

This isn't to say Marv's shiny happy giggle-fests are enjoyable at all, they're not. But if we're going to compare him to other coaches that'd be better, can't it at least be one with some semblance of class? Not only that, on the list of negatives about Marvin as a Head Coach, his demeanor in press conferences is pretty low on the list (at least for me). How about a coach that can game-plan, make adjustments when needed, and will play the best players available regardless of if they're rookies or not? That might actually result in success on the field. How he behaves in front of the press is largely irrelevant as far as what we as fans ultimately want to see out of the coach and team.

What's next? "Marvin never looks overly upset when the team gets penalized. You don't see John Harbaugh acting like that, he's always screaming and looks baffled that you can't just assault WR's whenever and however you please."
We all know Marvin cant make a half time adjustment to save his life this team is averaging under 5 points in the second half. I've always said he was a gentleman, but a horrible head coach. The point was he has no emotion ever just too laid back. I would take Tomlin in a second over him. Tomlin has won a  Playoff game and a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
Come on. Marvin isn't a great HC...but he's not terrible either. It's going to be hard for any coach to win under Bengals Management.

The team had a bad offensive line and let their 2 best players go...and then the owner put media statements out about how he expects the team to win. The line is horrible run blocking and bad pass blocking. Routinely guys come up the middle of the line untouched on Dalton.

No coach wins with that.

That said he should have been fired 3 years ago when we did have a good roster.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 04:33 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: We all know Marvin cant make a half time adjustment to save his life this team is averaging under 5 points in the second half. I've always said he was a gentleman, but a horrible head coach. The point was he has no emotion ever just too laid back. I would take Tomlin in a second over him. Tomlin has won a  Playoff game and a Super Bowl.

I wasn't insinuating that Marvin can make adjustments at all. The opposite actually. Thought that'd be conveyed with the part about not playing rookies.

With coaches though, and this team, I think it could also be a bit of a chicken and egg problem. We could resurrect the trio of Vince Lombardi to be HC, Bill Walsh to be OC, and Buddy Ryan to be DC and with our front office they'd still be handcuffed and at best 8-8. 

The second the draft was over and we'd done nothing to address the departures on the OL we should have all known what was coming. Even if Fisher and Ogbuehi played out of their minds (can't believe I typed that without a hysterical laughing fit), depth would have still been an issue. 

Side note: I'm kind of bummed I spelled Ogbuehi correctly without looking it up (I did afterwards to make sure). Means we've been talking about him far more than we should have.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:18 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: ... Right down to holding onto a kicker much too long, or not playing WR’s picked high in the draft.

The past 3 or 4 seasons, save 2015 (and even then parallels exist), have been eerily similar to the Carson era, not least of which is massively neglecting to protect the QB. It’s why Carson left, among other reasons.
 If you don’t think somebody (Carson or Andy) has reached out to the other, then you’ve under estimated human nature.

Yes we’ve all seen this movie before, so it’s laughable to read comments blaming the actors, when the script is outta their control & followed line for line by shitty (a) director(s) & producer(s) to make a movie just as shitty as the original where the star gets killed because of an inept supporting cast.

Yep.  It's the cherry on top of our big bowl of hot buttered misery.  We know what's coming before if gets here.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 04:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't mind him being jolly or good-natured at press conferences. But, I definitely wish he were more angry on the sidelines during games. I also wish the local media were harsher on him.

Marv is about as unpredictable as where the Sun is going to rise in the morning. 

After a loss, he's always more upbeat and jokie. After a win he's always more straight-faced and terse. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote