Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reply/Quote
Thanks for all the time and picks.. I can;t see us not adding an LB unless we add in FA especially with Bynes being our leading tackler this year could lose him in FA plus he is going into I believe his 12th year...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You forgot to make a second 7th round pick (from Dunlap).

Reply/Quote
Good job
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 03:11 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I don't like predicting trades, so none of those. I will predict we retain Lawson, either by re-signing or tagging and WJIII will sign elsewhere. I think both will cost way more than people think and the Bengals will balk at WJIII's price tag.

1(5). Penei Sewell, OT 6'6" 325. This is currently wishful thinking. There are a lot of scenarios where he falls to 5, but he's a better prospect than that and a team like the Jets or Dolphins could easily take him or another team could trade ahead of us to take him. I'm usually not one for hyperbole, but this guy is almost unbelievable and could rival Munoz for best o-lineman in team history.
[Image: Penei-Sewell-vs-San-Jose.png]

2(38). Tyson Campbell, CB 6'2" 185lbs.  We'll need to find a WJII replacement, sooner rather than later. I prefer taller corners in the 6'+ range. Campbell is still a bit raw, but he played 3 seasons int he SEC and has big upside. High School: American Heritage, coached by Patrick Surtain, Sr...
[Image: USATSI_15019781.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

3(69) Jared Goldwire, DE/DT 6'6" 305lbs. I think this team desperately needs a 5-technique that can stop the run and provide some interior pass rush. I see Jared as a DE in 3-man fronts and UT in 4-man fronts.
[Image: 5dceeed8a82ec.image.jpg]

4(102). Aaron Banks, OG 6'5" 330lbs. This is a bit of a wing and prayer that he'll be available in the 4th. If he's gone I like his teammate Tommy Kraemer as well. Both well rounded OG's that can run and pass blocks and even kick out to OT in a pinch.
[Image: USATSI_13755822.jpg?w=1000]

5(133) Tre McKitty, TE 6'5" 245lbs. More receiver than blocker, which we need, but also a willing blocker when asked to. Has some big, strong mitts.
[Image: 2wj2N6_0YKTJvTI00?type=thumbnail_800x600]

6(166) Ben Mason, FB 6'3" 254lbs. Really hoping Pollack will convince ZT to use a true FB and Mason is a great lead blocker with a bit of receiving skills and ST contributor. Played some H-back and DL. Three-time Academic All-Big Ten honoree (2018-19-20) Voted a Team Captain by his teammates (2020)

[Image: michigan-notre-dame-8404.jpg?w=1024&h=57...576&crop=1]

7(197). Evan McPherson, K 5'9" 180lbs. The team is clearly ready to move on from Bullock considering the late season audition of Seibert, who did not impress.
[Image: University-of-Florida-kicker-Evan-McPher...21x580.jpg]

I like all the selections and the realistic approach.  Not sure if you used a SIM but the rounds seem realistic.  
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 12:28 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: No sim, just cross referenced a couple of draft site rankings to get a general feel. Need to add another 7th.

Kicker, preferably the one from North Carolina
Reply/Quote
Love the mock.... What if Sewell isn't there? Trade back or go ahead and grab the best available? Curious on your thoughts...Think Goldwire would be a steal myself.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 03:10 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: If Sewell is gone, I personally would try to trade down into the 10-15 area and pick up another 2nd. Of course, it takes two to tango and if a trade back isn’t there, I’d be ok with pulling the trigger on either top WR, Parsons or Surtain. I would not take any other OL at 5.

I think you have to go WR in the 5 slot...Surtain worries me and I feel like one of the WRs is a sure thing there. I am a fan of trading down though as long as we get the value we need. 
"Even Jesus hates the Steelers." - Jesus
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 04:39 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: There’s a chance neither WR will be there either. Scenario:

Jags - Lawrence
Jets - Smith - need weapons for Darnold
Phins - Chase - need weapons for Tua
Falcons - Sewell - BPA
Bengals - Parsons, Surtain, trade back, Pitts

Not to mention trade scenarios and free agency could change things.

Man, I would love to have Pitts, but I would have a hard time paying that price for him. Any chance you like Farley over Surtain? Everything I am reading points to people trading up and taking QBs with the first 4 picks.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 04:44 PM)winthedey0 Wrote: Man, I would love to have Pitts, but I would have a hard time paying that price for him. Any chance you like Farley over Surtain? Everything I am reading points to people trading up and taking QBs with the first 4 picks.

Pitts would be an absolute beast down the seams and in the middle of the field with Burrow getting him the ball.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 05:24 AM)pulses Wrote: Pitts would be an absolute beast down the seams and in the middle of the field with Burrow getting him the ball.

Completely agree, but is it worth taking at 5? 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 12:54 PM)winthedey0 Wrote: Completely agree, but is it worth taking at 5? 

If we fix the OL in FA then yes i'm all for Pitts at 5. If we wait till later in the draft I like Yeboah from Ole Miss.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 12:54 PM)winthedey0 Wrote: Completely agree, but is it worth taking at 5? 

Yes.

Reply/Quote
I like the mock except for one thing...no real upgrade at OG?
OG was the worst on the OL in 2020.
Or are you counting on a 6th rounder to emerge as a good starter as a rookie?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 01:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes.

Pitts is one of the best pass-catching TE prospects I recall seeing in the past decade. I'd probably put him ahead of TJ Hockenson, Noah Fant, OJ Howard, Eric Ebron, Tyler Eifert, and Hunter Henry. 

Pitts put up 770 yards and 12 TDs in just 8 games in 2020. It's almost guaranteed he would have eclipsed 1000 yards if he hadn't missed time with injury from a hit he took against Georgia. The guy had surgery after that game and came back just 3 weeks later, putting up 356 yards and 4 TDs in the remaining 3 games.

Definitely worth a Top 10 pick. The only way that doesn't happen would be because some teams don't value TE like they do WR. But with Pitts, you can use him like a receiver. Guy could be the #1/2 option in about any offense.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 10:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I like the mock except for one thing...no real upgrade at OG?
OG was the worst on the OL in 2020.
Or are you counting on a 6th rounder to emerge as a good starter as a rookie?

I’m counting on the team to sign either a starting OG or OT. If it’s OT and we draft Sewell, then Williams will slide inside.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 11:30 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m counting on the team to sign either a starting OG or OT. If it’s OT and we draft Sewell, then Williams will slide inside.

If it's OT and Sewell forces Williams inside, that only takes care of one OG spot. What about the other OG spot?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 11:37 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If it's OT and Sewell forces Williams inside, that only takes care of one OG spot. What about the other OG spot?

The team has already said through various mouthpieces that XSF will be one of the starting OG's next season. This big question is who will be the center. A potential line for next year:

Sewell - Williams - Price - XSF - Moton

That is light years better than what was trotted out this season. I like Spain and hope he is re-signed. Maybe Jonah kicks all the way down to center and the line would be:

Sewell - XSF - Williams - Spain - Moton
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 12:22 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The team has already said through various mouthpieces that XSF will be one of the starting OG's next season. This big question is who will be the center. A potential line for next year:

Sewell - Williams - Price - XSF - Moton

That is light years better than what was trotted out this season. I like Spain and hope he is re-signed. Maybe Jonah kicks all the way down to center and the line would be:

Sewell - XSF - Williams - Spain - Moton

They did? I heard they thought XSF was serviceable, not that he would be a starter.
I honestly doubt they'd pay the money for Moton, but I could see the next tier down, Daryl Williams.
I would prefer Spain is re-signed and the Bengals have a competition between Spain and XSF for the RG spot if they don't draft a guy.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'll ask the same question I always ask:

Why do folks want Williams to move inside? He performs very well at LT? If we need a guard, get a guard. Don't move a tackle who is doing well.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote