Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0-5 86.9 when does the plug get pulled ?
(10-07-2019, 06:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Was that his 7th alternate year, or 5th alternate? I always get them confused. 

Nothing new here.  You always seem confused when you make your arguments about Dalton.

"4 first half TDs don't matter because fourth quarter under pressure is all that matters"

"10-11 for 2 tds in fourth quarter under pressure doesn't matter because he played worse earlier in the game"
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 11:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No you don't.  There is only one QB in the league who has been sacked as often as Dalton who has a higher passer rating.

BTW Dalton completed over 70 percent of his passes despite having 4 drops on his first 8 attempts, and he finished with a 107 passer rating.

Dalton needs to improve, but it is strange the way some people obsess over him and try to blame all of our problems on him.  Our defense gives up over 500 yards and blows it at the end after an amazing comeback and all people want to talk about is benching Dalton.

Well what else are they gonna do? It was Marvin's fault. He's gone, and the Bengals are worse than last year. Ok; now it's Dalton's fault. He'll be the fall guy this year. Then whoever they bring in will struggle too. Then it'll be this shitty unqualified coach they brought in. Buckle up... We're headed for the Cleveland Browns neverending circle.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 05:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton had a Pro Bowl season in '16 when Green just played 9 games.

He went to the pro bowl because no other QB wanted to go. So stop with the Dalton Gang propaganda. I believe you post so much BS on here that you have started to believe its the truth.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 05:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: AJ has been doing it for years. Without his circus catches and freak athleticism, Dalton does not have what little success he’s had. And we’re seeing the result of him not having an elite WR to bail him out right now...

Other things Dalton doesn't have... A competent coaching staff, offensive line, defense of any sort, a decent ownership group, and the personality to tell it like it is and say **** off to the team and fans.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I feel it's time to move on. That said, I also get the feeling that Bengals fans are doing their thing again, where we scapegoat someone so we can maintain hope, when we all know this team is permanently f'd due to ownership.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 08:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel it's time to move on. That said, I also get the feeling that Bengals fans are doing their thing again, where we scapegoat someone so we can maintain hope, when we all know this team is permanently f'd due to ownership.

There were 48,000 paid tickets for that last game, it seriously looked like maybe 2000 showed up. Guess they couldn't sell their tickets? Who are these foolish season ticket holders propelling Mike Brown to keep this nonsense going? Seems like the uppity up continuing the lineage of season ticket holders from their great grand-paw. I have season tickets to the worst team in the league! Do you drive a Porsche too?
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 07:31 PM)jason Wrote: Other things Dalton doesn't have... A competent coaching staff, offensive line, defense of any sort, a decent ownership group, and the personality to tell it like it is and say **** off to the team and fans.

Yeah, yeah, all the same excuses we’ve been hearing for 9 years. It just changes from season to season what the biggest one is.

And the idea that all that stuff is perfect for other QB’s around the league is grasping at straws to defend his shortcomings.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 08:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel it's time to move on. That said, I also get the feeling that Bengals fans are doing their thing again, where we scapegoat someone so we can maintain hope, when we all know this team is permanently f'd due to ownership.

I’m under no delusions that a new QB will fix everything, and instantly make us contenders, but I have absolutely seen enough of the Andy Dalton show. It was good for a while, but now it’s pretty bad, and I’m just sick of it. And people make fun of me for sticking with it this long.

I’m ready to watch something new. Who knows, maybe it’ll be a hit, and at least garner some attention...

Or maybe it will suck even worse. But we won’t know until we give it a try.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 09:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, yeah, all the same excuses we’ve been hearing for 9 years. It just changes from season to season what the biggest one is.

And the idea that all that stuff is perfect for other QB’s around the league is grasping at straws to defend his shortcomings.

I get it... He has red hair and looks funny. Nobody said a damn thing about perfect circumstances. He's playing for a dumpster of an organization though. Mercifully for him, and myself I think they'll be done with h soon. Then we can see the next guy suck under these same circumstances.... And I'll laugh and laugh as the same people lay the same blame on a different guy.

I know it's not important, but hopefully ol gravedigger will resurrect this thread when that time comes.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Dalton folds like lawn chair when the spotlight is on him, He has no real leadership , He's just BLAH Andy - Let's not forget the big ZERO playoff wins.

Bench him, See what Finley's got.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:10 PM)jason Wrote: I get it... He has red hair and looks funny. Nobody said a damn thing about perfect circumstances. He's playing for a dumpster of an organization though. Mercifully for him, and myself I think they'll be done with h soon. Then we can see the next guy suck under these same circumstances.... And I'll laugh and laugh as the same people lay the same blame on a different guy.

I know it's not important, but hopefully ol gravedigger will resurrect this thread when that time comes.

I really don’t get fans like you. It feels like you are more of an Andy Dalton fan than a Cincinnati Bengals fan.

Why would you laugh at our next QB sucking? Because he’s not Andy? And if we can’t win with Andy then screw it? Or is being right in your defense of him the most important thing?

Personally, I would have loved nothing more than for Dalton to have totally lit up the league under a new HC, and proved it was Marvin holding him back all these years. It would have been the most delicious crow I’ve ever eaten.

But alas...

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 07:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is not a strawman.

When you say Dalton has to be replaced because of one incompletion in an entire game then you are implying that other QBs don't do that.  

You're full of it.

Speaking of putting words in people's mouths...why don't you go off somewhere and shit all over every other QB and the entire Bengals organization, except Dalton, by telling everyone how they (other QBs) have good Olines, receivers and running games while Dalton doesn't because his Oline is bad, he doesn't have a running game, his receivers drop passes and fumble the ball and his defense lets him down. 

Way to shit all over the organization you're a fan of, Fred.  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 07:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Nothing new here.  You always seem confused when you make your arguments about Dalton.

"4 first half TDs don't matter because fourth quarter under pressure is all that matters"

"10-11 for 2 tds in fourth quarter under pressure doesn't matter because he played worse earlier in the game"

So, which one was it? His 11th alternate or 9th alternate year?

I already know you won't answer because you have too much trouble with comprehension and lying.  :andy:

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 08:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel it's time to move on. That said, I also get the feeling that Bengals fans are doing their thing again, where we scapegoat someone so we can maintain hope, when we all know this team is permanently f'd due to ownership.

Bingo.

And the sad thing is, it's so easy for anyone with half a brain, to see what they neeed to do to be better. 

Here's an example/question...

John Jerry has played head and shoulders better than Andre at LT, yet he's only played no more than half of 2 games. Andre has been steaming poop, but they keep running him out there. MJ has been worse than steaming poop (grading out right now at 31.0). Price hasn't been head and shoulders better, but he's been better, yet when MJ is healthy, he's out there. 

What the hell is wrong with this stupid organization that they can't see glaring problems and guys who are playing better...and ACTUALLY PLAY THE GUYS THAT ARE PLAYING BETTER???!!! 

Are they really that totally inept that they can't see basic things?

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:10 PM)jason Wrote: I get it... He has red hair and looks funny. Nobody said a damn thing about perfect circumstances. He's playing for a dumpster of an organization though. Mercifully for him, and myself I think they'll be done with h soon. Then we can see the next guy suck under these same circumstances.... And I'll laugh and laugh as the same people lay the same blame on a different guy.

Who cares who the guy is? If he's not doing things to help the team, he deserves to be criticized. Same way these crappy Olinemen get criticized. Same way these crappy LBs get criticized. Same way Dre gets criticized. Same way coaches and FO get criticized. 

Sorry, but it's the natue of the beast that the most important position on the field gets the most criticism, because he has the most impact on the game. 

No one said anything about perfect circumstances, but plenty of people say things about how other guys have this and that and Dalton doesn't. Or Dalton has guys who let him down. 

Blah blah, excuse excuse. It's all BS. 

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I really don’t get fans like you. It feels like you are more of an Andy Dalton fan than a Cincinnati Bengals fan.

Why would you laugh at our next QB sucking? Because he’s not Andy? And if we can’t win with Andy then screw it? Or is being right in your defense of him the most important thing?

Personally, I would have loved nothing more than for Dalton to have totally lit up the league under a new HC, and proved it was Marvin holding him back all these years. It would have been the most delicious crow I’ve ever eaten.

But alas...

Yep. I was hopeful that he would improve under a new coach and a new system. I was more than willing to roll with him and see what happens. 

He's had some yards, just like before, but he's still not making throws to help the team get into the endzone and win games. 

Inb4 someone comes in and says "no you weren't!!!1111!11!!" Check my post history before coming at me with that bullshit, or i'll have to make you look silly again, by showing you myself. 

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m under no delusions that a new QB will fix everything, and instantly make us contenders, but I have absolutely seen enough of the Andy Dalton show. It was good for a while, but now it’s pretty bad, and I’m just sick of it. And people make fun of me for sticking with it this long.

I’m ready to watch something new. Who knows, maybe it’ll be a hit, and at least garner some attention...

Or maybe it will suck even worse. But we won’t know until we give it a try.

Yeah we all seem to know that, yet here this team is a disaster and the most popular sentiment is "dump the QB".

I say go for it, but my money is on this team never making it to a Super Bowl under current ownership.

Not with Andy. Not with Tom Brady in his prime. Yes I believe that.

(10-07-2019, 10:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bingo.

And the sad thing is, it's so easy for anyone with half a brain, to see what they neeed to do to be better. 

Here's an example/question...

John Jerry has played head and shoulders better than Andre at LT, yet he's only played no more than half of 2 games. Andre has been steaming poop, but they keep running him out there. MJ has been worse than steaming poop (grading out right now at 31.0). Price hasn't been head and shoulders better, but he's been better, yet when MJ is healthy, he's out there. 

What the hell is wrong with this stupid organization that they can't see glaring problems and guys who are playing better...and ACTUALLY PLAY THE GUYS THAT ARE PLAYING BETTER???!!! 

Are they really that totally inept that they can't see basic things?

Or how about seriously addressing this line (during the offseason) which has been a joke for 4 years and counting?
How about signing a league average LB?
How about filling out Taylor's staff with some proven guys instead of obviously weak hires like Anarumo - whose resume made Teryl Austin look like Belichick?

How about hiring a GM when you're clearly incompetent? My guess is that Mike and co don't want anyone telling them what to do with their $$$.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 11:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah we all seem to know that, yet here this team is a disaster and the most popular sentiment is "dump the QB".

I say go for it, but my money is on this team never making it to a Super Bowl under current ownership.

Not with Andy. Not with Tom Brady in his prime. Yes I believe that.

Or how about seriously addressing this line (during the offseason) which has been a joke for 4 years and counting?
How about signing a league average LB?
How about filling out Taylor's staff with some proven guys instead of obviously weak hires like Anarumo - whose resume made Teryl Austin look like Belichick?

How about hiring a GM when you're clearly incompetent? My guess is that Mike and co don't want anyone telling them what to do with their $$$.

As far as the line, i think they thought they had that fixed. Jonah, Glenn, Boling, Price, Hopkins, Hart (lol), Redmond, Westerman...i think they thought they had a lot of options, then it fell apart. The really bad thing is, once it fell apart, they were absolutely clueless on how to fix it. Running super crappy guys out there game after game when others are playing better. It's just incompetent and stupid. 

Reply/Quote
This is funny.The most important player on a football team, the QB, has been asked to carry our team. The results are 0-5.

List all the excuses you want.

Ewww we almost beat the shitty ass cardinals because Dalton finally decided to play in the 4th quarter... Give me a break.

We are never winning a championship with Dalton. Period. Not a doubt in my mind.

Two weeks in a row and Dalton helps two new QBs get their first NFL wins...

Hey Dalton lovers. There is an out. Blame Dalton's deer in the headlights chicken with its head cut off frantic play style on being ruined like David Carr. He is broken beyond repair. He peaked and has been on the decline. You can use one of your favorite excuses and lay it all on the OL for ruining him.

lol 0-4 and throwing the ball away on 3rd down while losing at home to the Cardinals. zero ability to improvise and make a play.
Reply/Quote
^ this guy gave all you low-T types an out. Take off your rubber wedding ring and capitalize. ^
Reply/Quote