Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0-5 86.9 when does the plug get pulled ?
(10-08-2019, 12:22 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This is funny.The most important player on a football team, the QB, has been asked to carry our team. The results are 0-5.

List all the excuses you want.

Ewww we almost beat the shitty ass cardinals because Dalton finally decided to play in the 4th quarter... Give me a break.

We are never winning a championship with Dalton. Period. Not a doubt in my mind.

Two weeks in a row and Dalton helps two new QBs get their first NFL wins...

Hey Dalton lovers. There is an out. Blame Dalton's deer in the headlights chicken with its head cut off frantic play style on being ruined like David Carr. He is broken beyond repair. He peaked and has been on the decline. You can use one of your favorite excuses and lay it all on the OL for ruining him.

lol 0-4 and throwing the ball away on 3rd down while losing at home to the Cardinals. zero ability to improvise and make a play.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Dalton Lovers just can’t admit they were wrong.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:30 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: It is Dalton's fault that he missed a five yard wide open pass to Eifert in the end zone.

Somehow, that dork managed to hit the defender right in the helmet as he was falling down, BEHIND Eifert. Wide open easy touchdown and he blows it. Like he blew the throw to Tate against Buff that resulted in a TD. 

For the life of me, i can't understand how people can still defend this guy with the overwhelming number of throws he's missed that would have made the difference in games. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 05:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The wimpy whiners strike again.

When you disprove their logic they give up and just repeat unsubstantiated claims.

"It doesn't matter when a receiver drops a TD.  Other QBs complete plenty of passes when the defender drops the ball. Derp!"

Captain Delusions of Grandeur, you don't disprove shit. You make up stuff, then claim victory while your strawman burns. 

You make up more shit than just about everyone on here combined. Then, out of the other side of your mouth, you tell people to stop making stuff up. I wouldn't be surprised if your mouth has no clue what your asshole is talking about. It's the only thing that remotely makes sense. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 06:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is absurd to pick just one play and claim that is the only play that counted in the entire game.

It is absurd to claim that no other QB ever throws a bad pass.

Dr. Strawman, it is absurd to make ridiculous claims like this. 

Care to cite your references? Actual ones and not the ones that you make up in your head?

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 05:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: AJ has been doing it for years. Without his circus catches and freak athleticism, Dalton does not have what little success he’s had. And we’re seeing the result of him not having an elite WR to bail him out right now...

Yeah, you're right, saw a lot of drops this year that AJ probably catches. Rolleyes  You do realize other WRs make circus catches every Sunday too, right? It's called putting the ball where only your receiver can get it, and allowing them to make a play. What about Chad, was he bailing Palmer out along the sidelines?

What about the playoffs when AJ dropped a wide open TD, disappeared in Houston? I don't think a lot of you watch other games.

Just like Sunday. Yes, 14 missed Eifert in the end zone. That's what's focused on. Not Auden Tate dropping a wide open TD, not Eifert dropping one earlier right in his hands, not Eifert dropping a TD Monday night....JUST the missed TD. I watched a couple of those missed TDs over the last two weeks in other games. The difference? Nine times out of ten, when the ball was there in those games, players stepped up. That's where people who just wanna ***** lose their credibility. They harp on one single negative play, and act like the rest of the game has no bearing. Just like Seattle. The fumble is harped on religiously, hardly a mention of Bullock's missed chip shot.

Look at the Lions/Chiefs game last week. Do you think this team would be able to overcome all of those turnovers? If you're REALLY objective, you know the answer.

Fact is, if we put a spy on Murray Sunday, we probably win that game with the way the team played in the 2nd half.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 08:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel it's time to move on. That said, I also get the feeling that Bengals fans are doing their thing again, where we scapegoat someone so we can maintain hope, when we all know this team is permanently f'd due to ownership.

Pretty much this.....

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 07:36 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yeah, you're right, saw a lot of drops this year that AJ probably catches. Rolleyes  You do realize other WRs make circus catches every Sunday too, right? It's called putting the ball where only your receiver can get it, and allowing them to make a play. What about Chad, was he bailing Palmer out along the sidelines?

What about the playoffs when AJ dropped a wide open TD, disappeared in Houston? I don't think a lot of you watch other games.

Just like Sunday. Yes, 14 missed Eifert in the end zone. That's what's focused on. Not Auden Tate dropping a wide open TD, not Eifert dropping one earlier right in his hands, not Eifert dropping a TD Monday night....JUST the missed TD. I watched a couple of those missed TDs over the last two weeks in other games. The difference? Nine times out of ten, when the ball was there in those games, players stepped up. That's where people who just wanna ***** lose their credibility. They harp on one single negative play, and act like the rest of the game has no bearing. Just like Seattle. The fumble is harped on religiously, hardly a mention of Bullock's missed chip shot.

Look at the Lions/Chiefs game last week. Do you think this team would be able to overcome all of those turnovers? If you're REALLY objective, you know the answer.

Fact is, if we put a spy on Murray Sunday, we probably win that game with the way the team played in the 2nd half.

Dalton is a QB, sorry so many of you feel he gets an unfair amount of the blame, but that’s just how it goes. Most important position and all...

If he didn’t want that kind of pressure placed on him, he should have stayed in Texas and organized church picnics or something less demanding.

As for the bold, that’s laughable. He’s been overthrowing his WRs his entire career. Often times getting them nearly killed. It has nothing to do with Dalton putting the ball where only his WR can get it, and everything to do with him making inaccurate/poor throws.

And there’s a big difference between Palmer threading a ball into a tight spot on the sidelines, and Dalton throwing a pass too high. Palmer had a great deep ball, and could actually hit Chad in stride. Dalton is really only effective using the middle of the field most of the time. One of his many shortcomings.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 08:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel it's time to move on. That said, I also get the feeling that Bengals fans are doing their thing again, where we scapegoat someone so we can maintain hope, when we all know this team is permanently f'd due to ownership.

Yep

(10-07-2019, 10:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m under no delusions that a new QB will fix everything, and instantly make us contenders, but I have absolutely seen enough of the Andy Dalton show. It was good for a while, but now it’s pretty bad, and I’m just sick of it. And people make fun of me for sticking with it this long.

I’m ready to watch something new. Who knows, maybe it’ll be a hit, and at least garner some attention...

Or maybe it will suck even worse. But we won’t know until we give it a try.

Me either

I'm not saying Andy Dalton is a horrible QB, he can win under the right circumstances.

I'm not saying Dalton is to blame for all the Bengals woes

I'm not saying Dalton is the only reason we don't win, there's plenty of blame to put elsewhere !

What I am saying is Dalton can't win here. Who thinks MB is gonna fix this Oline this offseason ? Who thinks MB is gonna go out and get like 3 or 4 top shelf free agents RT, G, LBer, CB ?

I saw it posted on TV somewhere this morning that our chances of making the playoffs are 3,000-1

Why the hell wait until after the bye week to see what Finley and or Dolegala have to offer ?
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 08:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton is a QB, sorry so many of you feel he gets an unfair amount of the blame, but that’s just how it goes. Most important position and all...

If he didn’t want that kind of pressure placed on him, he should have stayed in Texas and organized church picnics or something less demanding.

As for the bold, that’s laughable. He’s been overthrowing his WRs his entire career. Often times getting them nearly killed. It has nothing to do with Dalton putting the ball where only his WR can get it, and everything to do with him making inaccurate/poor throws.

And there’s a big difference between Palmer threading a ball into a tight spot on the sidelines, and Dalton throwing a pass too high. Palmer had a great deep ball, and could actually hit Chad in stride. Dalton is really only effective using the middle of the field most of the time. One of his many shortcomings.

He definitely has shortcomings.... I'm not arguing that at all... it's just kinda silly, IMO, to blame one guy that actually put us back in the game Sunday, kept us in it at SEA, and is among league leaders in 4th QTR comebacks since he came into it for all of this team's woes. When I got beat by a DT or LB on a blitz, and got my QB killed on a crucial 3rd down, I didn't say "stupid QB missed a wide open WR in the 2nd qtr".

Reply/Quote
Here's the long and short of the Andy Dalton debate. In 2017 against the Browns, Dalton went 25 of 30 for 286 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, and a passer rating of 146.0. After the game in Jungle Noise, his game was still criticized. The 5 incomplete passes were used to show his poor QB play, his performance negated because it was against Cleveland, and he was still belittled for his performance. Some in this thread made some of the posts criticizing his performance for that game. Enough said.

That is not to say Andy hasn't had plenty of bad games. He has. That is not to say that Dalton doesn't make mistakes, make questionable decisions, have shortcomings, or infuriate fans with his actions at times. He does. All of this Dalton Gang, Dalton Lover bullshit is just that, bullshit. He deserves criticism sometimes. For some of you, that's all he's ever received. I understand that his position means he gets the bulk of the blame, but it is so over the top on here it's beyond ridiculous.

I also think it's time to move on. It's time for a rebuild and to start over. This season is done. The right thing, the smart thing, the thing that Mike Brown probably won't do is start making trades and getting as much draft capital as possible. We know he's not going to do shit in free agency, so lets load up on those draft picks. Contrary to popular belief, Andy Dalton has trade value. La Canfora interviewed 8 NFL GMs who said there is trade interest in Andy. Teams want to wait until after the season though. So trade anyone of value and let Dalton sink with this ship. Trade him in the offseason, do something about the OLine, and hand it over to Finley next season.

Why wait? Because even if we have the #1 pick next year, trading back and acquiring even more draft capital may be the smart move. Load up on picks for the next couple of drafts. Rebuild a new, young core to move forward with. If Finley isn't the guy, you can draft another QB in 2021. So much more needs to be addressed than QB.

Now all of this is not a defense of Dalton. To me, losing is losing. It doesn't matter who is at the helm. If Finley were to come in and light it up this season, that doesn't help anything. It would lower our draft pick and further cement the idea to ownership that there's not as many problems as we fans suggest. So I say let Dalton sink this thing like it's the Titanic. Trade Green, Atkins, Dunlap, Glenn, Dalton (after the season), DreK or WJIII, maybe even Mixon. Build up a bunch of draft picks for the next couple of seasons and move forward.

What would any of this hurt? Since every back up we've ever had has been better than Dalton anyway, Finley's going to be fine.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 09:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: He definitely has shortcomings.... I'm not arguing that at all... it's just kinda silly, IMO, to blame one guy that actually put us back in the game Sunday, kept us in it at SEA, and is among league leaders in 4th QTR comebacks since he came into it for all of this team's woes. When I got beat by a DT or LB on a blitz, and got my QB killed on a crucial 3rd down, I didn't say "stupid QB missed a wide open WR in the 2nd qtr".

plays poorly early, falls behind opponents regularly= long career with disproportionate amount of come back chances.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 10:21 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Here's the long and short of the Andy Dalton debate. In 2017 against the Browns, Dalton went 25 of 30 for 286 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, and a passer rating of 146.0. After the game in Jungle Noise, his game was still criticized. The 5 incomplete passes were used to show his poor QB play, his performance negated because it was against Cleveland, and he was still belittled for his performance. Some in this thread made some of the posts criticizing his performance for that game. Enough said.

That is not to say Andy hasn't had plenty of bad games. He has. That is not to say that Dalton doesn't make mistakes, make questionable decisions, have shortcomings, or infuriate fans with his actions at times. He does. All of this Dalton Gang, Dalton Lover bullshit is just that, bullshit. He deserves criticism sometimes. For some of you, that's all he's ever received. I understand that his position means he gets the bulk of the blame, but it is so over the top on here it's beyond ridiculous.

I also think it's time to move on. It's time for a rebuild and to start over. This season is done. The right thing, the smart thing, the thing that Mike Brown probably won't do is start making trades and getting as much draft capital as possible. We know he's not going to do shit in free agency, so lets load up on those draft picks. Contrary to popular belief, Andy Dalton has trade value. La Canfora interviewed 8 NFL GMs who said there is trade interest in Andy. Teams want to wait until after the season though. So trade anyone of value and let Dalton sink with this ship. Trade him in the offseason, do something about the OLine, and hand it over to Finley next season.

Why wait? Because even if we have the #1 pick next year, trading back and acquiring even more draft capital may be the smart move. Load up on picks for the next couple of drafts. Rebuild a new, young core to move forward with. If Finley isn't the guy, you can draft another QB in 2021. So much more needs to be addressed than QB.

Now all of this is not a defense of Dalton. To me, losing is losing. It doesn't matter who is at the helm. If Finley were to come in and light it up this season, that doesn't help anything. It would lower our draft pick and further cement the idea to ownership that there's not as many problems as we fans suggest. So I say let Dalton sink this thing like it's the Titanic. Trade Green, Atkins, Dunlap, Glenn, Dalton (after the season), DreK or WJIII, maybe even Mixon. Build up a bunch of draft picks for the next couple of seasons and move forward.

What would any of this hurt? Since every back up we've ever had has been better than Dalton anyway, Finley's going to be fine.
The problem with waiting until after the season is that the demand for these players wouldn't be as urgent. A good team who is going or has a good chance at the play offs would give a whole lot more for a player who could put them over the top.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 06:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is absurd to pick just one play and claim that is the only play that counted in the entire game.

(10-08-2019, 02:46 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Care to cite your references? Actual ones and not the ones that you make up in your head?

Here you go

(10-07-2019, 05:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did the defense miss a wide open Tyler Eifert for a TD?

That’s a throw a 9 year veteran HAS to make. And it was the difference in the game.

So tell me why that play was the difference in the game and not the dropped TD by Tate?

Two players make mistakes that cost the team a td, but only Dalton gets blamed.

And, of course the defense that gave up 266 rushing yards and 521 total yards bear no blame for the loss.  No, all the blame goes to our QB with 262 yards and a 107.6 rating because he missed one pass.

So no that I have posted reference it is your turn to explain why one play by Dalton was all that mattered.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 10:30 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: plays poorly early, falls behind opponents regularly= long career with disproportionate amount of come back chances.

He still was able to pull out the wins though, right? This is my point, no matter what, dude will never win with some folks. Is what it is....

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 10:21 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Here's the long and short of the Andy Dalton debate. In 2017 against the Browns, Dalton went 25 of 30 for 286 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, and a passer rating of 146.0. After the game in Jungle Noise, his game was still criticized. The 5 incomplete passes were used to show his poor QB play, his performance negated because it was against Cleveland, and he was still belittled for his performance. Some in this thread made some of the posts criticizing his performance for that game. Enough said.

"That's a bingo!"

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 06:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Was that his 7th alternate year, or 5th alternate? I always get them confused. 

(10-07-2019, 07:30 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: He went to the pro bowl because no other QB wanted to go. So stop with the Dalton Gang propaganda. I believe you post so much BS on here that you have started to believe its the truth.

(10-07-2019, 10:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So, which one was it? His 11th alternate or 9th alternate year?

I already know you won't answer because you have too much trouble with comprehension and lying.  :andy:

You two are so cute when you get your squeal on.  I love the way you prove that you don't know what you are talking about.

Dalton was the first alternate.  He replaced Brady, not because Brady did not want to go to the Pro Bowl but because he was in the Super Bowl.

Keep up the good work guys.  Ignore facts and just keep repeating your made up opinions over and over again.  Throw in lots of personal insults and don't forget to use ALL CAPS when squealing.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 10:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Here you go

So tell me why that play was the difference in the game and not the dropped TD by Tate?

Two players make mistakes that cost the team a td, but only Dalton gets blamed.

And, of course the defense that gave up 266 rushing yards and 521 total yards bear no blame for the loss.  No, all the blame goes to our QB with 262 yards and a 107.6 rating because he missed one pass.

So no that I have posted reference it is your turn to explain why one play by Dalton was all that mattered.

Tate is a depth WR drafted in the 7th round who’s played in 11 games.

Dalton is the starting QB in his 9th season.

But I guess every player on the 53 should have the exact same level of accountability no matter the position, circumstances, or experience.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 10:46 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: He still was able to pull out the wins though, right? This is my point, no matter what, dude will never win with some folks. Is what it is....

It’s looking that way isn’t it?

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 11:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s looking that way isn’t it?

Hard to say definitely, we only have his play for this shit show to go by....

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 11:54 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Hard to say definitely, we only have his play for this shit show to go by....

Maybe if “Mediocre Merv” was still here!

Reply/Quote