Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-0- Comp picks in 2016 Draft
Comp picks are announced. We get none. Some thought we'd get one, but none it is....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Newhouse was one of the ones that didn't get awarded because it was beyond the 32 maximum.
Reply/Quote
I figured that even if we did get one it would be 6th or 7th round.

Would have been nice to have an extra pick, but not a big deal to me.
Reply/Quote
We don't always do much with comp picks anyway.

Next year, though, we will certainly get a few and can actually trade them for once.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
If my math is right and it usually isn't only 256 players will be drafted at all which leaves a bunch of undrafted players available..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Unfortunate, but I was shocked when there was even the possibility of a comp pick for Marshall Newhouse anyway.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 04:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: If my math is right and it usually isn't only 256 players will be drafted at all which leaves a bunch of undrafted players available..

i think its only 255 this year as the isnt this the year the pats dont get a 1st
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 05:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Unfortunate, but I was shocked when there was even the possibility of a comp pick for Marshall Newhouse anyway.

http://overthecap.com/draft

This is how they saw it
Reply/Quote
Do we get 2 next year for Sanu and Jones? As long as we don't sign a UFA?
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 06:03 PM)magikod Wrote: Do we get 2 next year for Sanu and Jones? As long as we don't sign a UFA?

Definitely should, plus if Nelson, hall, or smith sign elsewhere we could/should get some for them too.
Reply/Quote
Hobs said only a 4th and 5th for Jones and Sanu.

The question is is it worth not signing free agents in Marvs "last year" to help get him a playoff win (at least), for a 4th and 5th rounder? I thought we'd get a 3rd, and understood that. But a 4th and 5th?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Music 
(03-11-2016, 06:10 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Definitely should, plus if Nelson, hall, or smith sign elsewhere we could/should get some for them too.

Sounds good to me. The way we have been drafting lately, we can use every extra pick we get. Would we get a 3rd rounder for Nelson, Hall or Smith?

(03-11-2016, 06:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hobs said only a 4th and 5th for Jones and Sanu.

The question is is it worth not signing free agents in Marvs "last year" to help get him a playoff win (at least), for a 4th and 5th rounder? I thought we'd get a 3rd, and understood that. But a 4th and 5th?

Dang, I was thinking we'd at least get a 3rd rounder for Marvin Jones. Oh well I will still gladly take a 4th & 5th round pick. Better than nothing I suppose. 
Who would you pickup at WR right now?

-magikod
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Sure glad they signed AJ Hawk last year rather than someone actually helpful to preserve those sweet sweet compensatory picks.... Ninja

EDIT: Made funnier/sad by the fact that Denver, who won a SB with tons of FA signings, got 2 picks.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 06:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hobs said only a 4th and 5th for Jones and Sanu.

That's because of all those big, big contracts doled out this year.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 06:03 PM)magikod Wrote: Do we get 2 next year for Sanu and Jones? As long as we don't sign a UFA?

Probably 2 4ths.
Reply/Quote
Im beginning to hate this strategy of not signing guys who count against potential comp picks. Its such a miserly Mike Brown type of move. I mean rarely do these lower round extra picks pan out.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 07:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sure glad they signed AJ Hawk last year rather than someone actually helpful to preserve those sweet sweet compensatory picks....  Ninja

EDIT: Made funnier/sad by the fact that Denver, who won a SB with tons of FA signings, got 2 picks.

And will probably get more next year.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 04:38 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im beginning to hate this strategy of not signing guys who count against potential comp picks. Its such a miserly Mike Brown type of move. I mean rarely do these lower round extra picks pan out.

PJ Dawson could pan out.

Caldwell had two great Bengals moments, but that's all I got.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 04:42 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: We don't always do much with comp picks anyway.

Next year, though, we will certainly get a few and can actually trade them for once.

Probably wrong about this, but wasn't Marvin Jones a comp pick Bengals got for Chad ?  

Still believe they should sign FA (if worthy one is available) instead of waiting for comp pick. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 08:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Probably wrong about this, but wasn't Marvin Jones a comp pick Bengals got for Chad ?  

Still believe they should sign FA (if worthy one is available) instead of waiting for comp pick. 

We traded chad so marvin was a pats draft choice
Reply/Quote