Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Trade Partner?
The Titans now have a glut of receivers on their roster. With Kendall Wright and Justin Hunter being phased out of the offense, would we have interest in either? Both are in the last year of their deal, and might be able to had for cheap.

I know both are risks, but they could be worth a shot considering what the depth chart looks like right now. Both have shown flashes before. Wright is listed up on the depth chart, but ended up being a non-factor down the stretch last year. He would probably cost more, but both would be welcome if we could get them for a small cost.
Reply/Quote
Justin Hunter had a lot of potential I remember, but I don't know if he performed. Kendall Wright also wouldn't be the worst replacement in the world. Depended on what they wanted in exchange.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really like Kendall Wright, but the odds of this happening are slim at best.

Odds are, we'll have a rookie or two vying for the #2 spot this season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
There may be some interesting prospects cut.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 09:34 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: There may be some interesting prospects cut.

This

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Justin Hunter was someone I was high on coming out of Tennessee- much more so than Patterson.  He hasn't exactly lit it up in his three years though, and he suffered an ankle fracture against the Panthers back in November.
Reply/Quote
No to both. The only wr i want that Tennessee has is DGB and we had a chance at him last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 09:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No to both. The only wr i want that Tennessee has is DGB and we had a chance at him last year.

At 21?

No way.
Reply/Quote
I am not a draft expert, but I am usually pretty good at judging players from UT because I watch all the Vols games. And people from the draft forum will confirm that I am not just a homer who claims all Vols are great. I have been quick to point out when i think some of them have been drafted too high (Robert Ayers, Turk McBride) or need to be avoided in free agency (Albert Haynesworth).

I really thought Justin Hunter would be a very good NFL WR. He has all the skills. With the Titans he has had a few big drops, and I think that has kept the QBs from throwing to him a lot. PLus he just was not getting open or winning the jump balls like a guy with his ability should. He is 6'4", 200, with a 40" vert and 4.4 speed. But he also has not had very good QBs throwing to him.
Reply/Quote
I'd trade their choice of Hunt/Clarke and a 6th for Justin Hunter. His 4.44 speed and career 16.4 yards per catch intrigue me. I wonder if he played on a team with better QB play (and OLs who could block long enough for WRs to develop their routes) if he'd put up an even higher average. At the very least, you could expect him to get the bump accompanied by having AJ as your #1 getting doubled.

It'd make more sense as well since the draft isn't exactly the fastest. Get your possession WR in the draft, have Hunter to dash down the field.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote