Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump gets Dems to advocate for free market system
 The genius of Trump.

Newsflash Timmy, the private sector doesn't need "leadership" from the White House!
You and democrats are unwittingly advocating for the free market system without government interference!
Thanks president Trump!

I'm all for those institutions Kaine listed moving ahead with climate change R&D, aint nothing wrong with that.
What is wrong is the notion that we are to be the worlds sugar daddy under the guise of "global warming".

[Image: 2QupnMS.png]

Goofy uncle Joe Biden "said it best" lol, "It's all about that three letter word.. J-O-B-S".
It's cute that every time Trump poops his diaper his supporters spin it to "he made the Democrats/libturds wipe his butt!"   Smirk

When all they are doing is cleaning up (another) mess made by the POTUS.  Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-05-2017, 10:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: It's cute that every time Trump poops his diaper his supporters spin it to "he made the Democrats/libturds wipe his butt!"   Smirk

It's cute when liberals backs are against the wall they go the route you took.
Its too bad I have disrupted the Trump bashing safe space you've turned this board into.

Let me try to redirect you...So your opinion on Kains tweet?
(06-05-2017, 11:55 AM)Vlad Wrote: It's cute when liberals backs are against the wall they go the route you took.
Its too bad I have disrupted the Trump bashing safe space you've turned this board into.

Let me try to redirect you...So your opinion on Kains tweet?

My response is that the nation will continue down the right path whether the POTUS understands or not.

NOT that liberals were anti state's rights as you implied.  
I find it funny that people are saying that comments like this, and I have made them myself, are Democrats, liberals, progressives, etc., advocating for states' rights and/or the free market system. There are a couple of things missing from that logical leap.

First, let's all remember that Democrats have been, for some time now, running neoliberal. Neoliberalism is pro-free market. It's why there has been a reduction in regulations and an unwillingness to re-institute regulations post-recession. Environmental regulations are one area where the Democrats have been stingy with regulations, but not as stingy as other areas.

The second part here is that left-leaning folks are advocating for states to enforce regulations, which is not free-market, and for industries to do it on their own. But every one of them would rather the federal government put them back in place. So, as GMDino put it, this more about folks trying to clean up a mess rather than any change in position from people on the left side of the spectrum.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-05-2017, 10:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: It's cute that every time Trump poops his diaper his supporters spin it to "he made the Democrats/libturds wipe his butt!"   Smirk

What is actually happening here is the moment lefties think Trump stepped poop, he comes out smelling like a rose.

Btw speaking of poop...Obama must have received the Nobel Peace Prize because his don't stink.
Can't think of another reason. Can you?
As with most things, I wouldn't say either major side is a good example of advocating a free market.

Democrats advocate subsidizing education, healthcare and low paying jobs. Republicans advocate subsidizing select industries, ag producers and high income earners. Neither side really wants to let markets dictate business.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-05-2017, 12:29 PM)Vlad Wrote: What is actually happening here is the moment lefties think Trump stepped poop, he comes out smelling like a rose.

Btw speaking of poop...Obama must have received the Nobel Peace Prize because his don't stink.
Can't think of another reason. Can you?

Mellow

(06-05-2017, 12:32 PM)Benton Wrote: As with most things, I wouldn't say either major side is a good example of advocating a free market.

Democrats advocate subsidizing education, healthcare and low paying jobs. Republicans advocate subsidizing select industries, ag producers and high income earners. Neither side really wants to let markets dictate business.

Well, that's because a completely free-market system would never work due to the human element.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-05-2017, 12:38 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, that's because a completely free-market system would never work due to the human element.

I think I'm just irritated with the politicization of everything, especially industries. It's one thing when an industry advocates for policies on a broad scale, or even for an individual candidate running on a platform specific (and open) to benefit an industry. It's a different animal when every trade organization morphs into a lobbying group. 
(06-05-2017, 12:46 PM)Benton Wrote: I think I'm just irritated with the politicization of everything, especially industries. It's one thing when an industry advocates for policies on a broad scale, or even for an individual candidate running on a platform specific (and open) to benefit an industry. It's a different animal when every trade organization morphs into a lobbying group. 

Been that way for 1000 years or whenever guilds showed up on the scene.  And those could be some mean bastards.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-05-2017, 12:46 PM)Benton Wrote: I think I'm just irritated with the politicization of everything, especially industries. It's one thing when an industry advocates for policies on a broad scale, or even for an individual candidate running on a platform specific (and open) to benefit an industry. It's a different animal when every trade organization morphs into a lobbying group. 

That is a result of the movement that has painted government and the bureaucracy as bad. Now policy groups are including industries in them to write legislation, whereas 50 years ago it would have been bureaucrats with expertise in the area. Today, lobbyists/trade orgs are the ones writing many of our policies and legislation and, surprise surprise, they don't have the public good in mind when they do so. Then, because they are the ones paying for campaigns the politicians aren't going to do a damn thing about it.

(06-05-2017, 12:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That is a result of the movement that has painted government  and the bureaucracy as bad. Now policy groups are including industries in them to write legislation, whereas 50 years ago it would have been bureaucrats with expertise in the area. Today, lobbyists/trade orgs are the ones writing many of our policies and legislation and, surprise surprise, they don't have the public good in mind when they do so. Then, because they are the ones paying for campaigns the politicians aren't going to do a damn thing about it.

A great example of this in a roundabout way is the nuclear lobby & Obama. Obama signed us on the Paris accord, wanted to delve away from coal power plants, invest in alternative energies, and generally wanted to be seen as a friend to the environment.

However, what doesnt get talked about much he was very pro-nuclear power, even giving billions in loan guarantees into building two new nuke plants, which of course would have emitted a ton of carbon into the air when it came to the mining, construction, etc. that goes into a nuclear plant. And then the long term hazards of a nuclear plant are mindboggling scary. If one of these plants would have a complete meltdown with a massive explosion, hundreds of square miles would be uninhabitable for thousands of years. But the risk is worth it because it is deemed to be cleaner than a modern 'cleaner' coal plant?

Then throw in the fact the epa regulation which he approved in the last month there that greatly increased the amount of radiation in our water supply in case of a disaster or nuke attack, without them having to notify the public unless it reaches those levels (which can either be lethal or cancerous over a few months span), it should make one wonder what his environmental legacy is. Because when one looks into it, they will find that he has been supported by the nuclear lobby (Exelon) going back to his early days as a state rep. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(06-05-2017, 01:39 PM)Millhouse Wrote: A great example of this in a roundabout way is the nuclear lobby & Obama. Obama signed us on the Paris accord, wanted to delve away from coal power plants, invest in alternative energies, and generally wanted to be seen as a friend to the environment.

However, what doesnt get talked about much he was very pro-nuclear power, even giving billions in loan guarantees into building two new nuke plants, which of course would have emitted a ton of carbon into the air when it came to the mining, construction, etc. that goes into a nuclear plant. And then the long term hazards of a nuclear plant are mindboggling scary. If one of these plants would have a complete meltdown with a massive explosion, hundreds of square miles would be uninhabitable for thousands of years. But the risk is worth it because it is deemed to be cleaner than a modern 'cleaner' coal plant?

Then throw in the fact the epa regulation which he approved in the last month there that greatly increased the amount of radiation in our water supply in case of a disaster or nuke attack, without them having to notify the public unless it reaches those levels (which can either be lethal or cancerous over a few months span), it should make one wonder what his environmental legacy is. Because when one looks into it, they will find that he has been supported by the nuclear lobby (Exelon) going back to his early days as a state rep. 

This is absolutely one of those cases. I do want to make it clear to everyone that this is not a Democrat/Republican thing, this is the direction of both parties. Remember, it was Clinton who said "the era of big government is over." This is the type of thing that he was referring to, less reliance on the bureaucracy and more involvement from the private sector. The only problem is that when you make your own rules, you often do so at the expense of the public good. But, since the government, those that are tasked with insuring the public good, are being paid by those making and having to abide by the rules they aren't going to do much about it and the only difference between whether we are talking about Ds or Rs is which industries they are viewing more favorably.

Genius indeed.

Lets shit in one hand and hope in the other that the fossil fuel industries self regulate and see which fills up first.

I am betting on the hope hand with Trump. Who else is with me?

Well I mean they're not wrong. Just a shit show all around.  ThumbsUp
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(06-05-2017, 10:12 AM)Vlad Wrote:  The genius of Trump.

Newsflash Timmy, the private sector doesn't need "leadership" from the White House!
You and democrats are unwittingly advocating for the free market system without government interference!
Thanks president Trump!

I'm all for those institutions Kaine listed moving ahead with climate change R&D, aint nothing wrong with that.
What is wrong is the notion that we are to be the worlds sugar daddy under the guise of "global warming".

[Image: 2QupnMS.png]

Goofy uncle Joe Biden "said it best" lol, "It's all about that three letter word.. J-O-B-S".

What do you think Timmy was referring to by "cities, towns, and states"?

Perhaps city, town, and state governments?

What is it about city, town, and state government interference that disqualify their government interference as government interference?