Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A New Twist To The Sewell vs. Chase vs. Pitts Debate?
I  watched the Bengals draft promotional hype video:

https://www.bengals.com/video/contipelli-s-countdown-2021-nfl-draft-preview

Marisa Contipelli emphasizes that the Bengals have eight second round starters on the roster.

We hope they will be great, but with only four wins, the jury is still out on the injured Joe Burrow and the injured Jonah Williams.  The last solid first round pick the Bengals made was ten years ago when they traded down with New England for Kevin Zeitler. 

Even though Duke Tobin denies it, I wonder if the Bengals might be open to trading out of the fifth pick in exchange for a bunch of lower round picks over the next few years?

I’m thinking that even if the Bengals nail it with the fifth pick, they aren’t going to win a playoff game with Zac Taylor this season.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 09:20 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I  watched the Bengals draft promotional hype video:

https://www.bengals.com/video/contipelli-s-countdown-2021-nfl-draft-preview

Marisa Contipelli emphasizes that the Bengals have eight second round starters on the roster.

We hope they will be great, but with only four wins, the jury is still out on the injured Joe Burrow and the injured Jonah Williams.  The last solid first round pick the Bengals made was ten years ago when they traded down with New England for Kevin Zeitler. 

Even though Duke Tobin denies it, I wonder if the Bengals might be open to trading out of the fifth pick in exchange for a bunch of lower round picks over the next few years?

I’m thinking that even if the Bengals nail it with the fifth pick, they aren’t going to win a playoff game with Zac Taylor this season.

LOL.  You can't be serous.
Reply/Quote
Four wins with a roster of 2nd round starters seems to be an argument for moving UP in the first round, not down.
Reply/Quote
dont know about everybody else but Ive got predraft lag going on right now with all the back and forth speculation. As the late Al Davis said once:
"JUST WIN BABY" that said, Duke and ZT better not screw the pooch....to me this is the make it break draft for ZT and Dukie boy.
Reply/Quote
When the Bengals take Slater with both Chase and Sewell on the board, fans will riot. Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote