Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1-13 has to be getting in players' heads
(10-14-2019, 05:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't think winning is around the corner either Fred.  Which is why I think the front office ought to trade players so they can go to a contender.  This looks like a full 3-4 year re-build and I think several coaches will be fired along the way although I think they will stick with Taylor for at least 4-5 years.  

I really wished that Gators DC would have accepted the job, he seems competent.  I think Taylor was up against time constraints and did not fully assess personnel given the LAR were in the playoffs.  

Taylor was a lazy hire who had been either a bit player or underachiever at his previous stops. Lo and behold, his staff hires were lazy and uninspiring as well. If they wanted offense they should have hired Eric Bienemy.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 06:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Didn’t seem to affect the 49ers much. They only won 4 games last season, and now they’re undefeated.

They also have a top notch head coach and a plan.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 05:03 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I bet they are frustrated and I bet there pissed as well. The confidence in the front office has to be less than zero at this point.
To me the bigger issue is this team has some good players and good position groups but the front office has showed that they won't be productive in filling the wholes on this team.
It was a flat out an embarrassment that they resigned Preston Brown & Bobby Hart this year.

I also find it comical that Dre frickin' Kirkpatrick is the public mouthpiece for who they should sign and keep.

Shut up Dre ya overpaid hack!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Just can’t help but wonder white Marvin Lewis is thinking right now. Yes things are really tough right now for the players and the fans. It’s unfortunate what happened in training camp with AJ and Jonah Williams. Unexpected retirement of Clint boling. Concussion protocol for Cordy Glenn. This just threw our offensive line in disarray. But do I feel sorry for the fans?Yes.Players No. These guys are making mega millions. They are obligated, And should give this Team100% every week. Regardless of the situation. They need to shut up and man up and do their best.Some of these guys make more money on their signing bonus than some people make in a lifetime.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 07:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There are honestly SOO MANY holes on this team now. We're no longer 1 or 2 players away. We're 6-7-8 players away.

4 or 5 players away than 6-8. Even if it's 6-8 if you fill 4-5 holes you can still be a competitive team at the very least.
Definite needs RT, LG, MLB, WLB
Could be needs SS, CB
Would be nice QB,  3T, 
The good news is we will probably be drafting in the top 5 of the first 4 Rds so that should give us a chance at two to 3 starters. Plus the option of using free agency could get them an additional 2 starters if they play there hand right.
Of course if they play the card right it could add more needs to the team. WR 1 and C.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We are who we thought we were, and we aren't letting ourselves off the hook! Now if you wanna crown our ass, crown our ass.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 10:33 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Just can’t help but wonder white Marvin Lewis is thinking right now. Yes things are really tough right now for the players and the fans. It’s unfortunate what happened in training camp with AJ and Jonah Williams. Unexpected retirement of Clint boling. Concussion protocol for Cordy Glenn. This just threw our offensive line in disarray. But do I feel sorry for the fans?Yes.Players No. These guys are making mega millions. They are obligated, And should give this Team100% every week. Regardless of the situation. They need to shut up and man up and do their best.Some of these guys make more money on their signing bonus than some people make in a lifetime.

Yeah I really wish the NFL could somehow change it to base pay 250K and everything else is incentive based, with the largest being "win the game". Would never happen for multitude of reasons, but still, some of these players probably lose motivation because their performance isn't going to affect their retirement or lifestyle much. I think Julio's contract was 67 million and 65 of that was a signing bonus.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 07:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I also find it comical that Dre frickin' Kirkpatrick is the public mouthpiece for who they should sign and keep.

Shut up Dre ya overpaid hack!

I know, how did we get here? It's strange that Andy and AJ aren't the public mouthpiece, and they should tell Dre to not speak if there's a microphone in front of him. I'm only here so i don't get fighned..
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote