Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1-13 has to be getting in players' heads
(10-14-2019, 01:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The way to turn around the culture would have been to bring in an entirely new staff AND ALSO SIGN SOME QUALITY FREE AGENTS. That's the path that teams like the Rams took.

Culture comes from the Top. Don't lose sight of that. Taylor meets with Bengals management EVERY day.

Now, it's going to be nearly impossible to turn around the culture for Taylor. IF he goes 3-13, he's going to lose credibility in a huge way.

Could we Bizarro World the NFL and do a reverse McVay?

Fire Taylor!  Hire Fisher!  Fire Taylor!  Hire Fisher!

Ass-backwards is the motto here so why not?!? Tongue
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd take a veteran HC like Del Rio right now even.

Honestly, I think with Marvin as our HC we have atleast 2 wins. Maybe 3.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 01:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh please. I absolutely hate losing. I hate getting made fun by other teams fans, and the football world in general. I hate that we’re wasting the careers of players like AJ and Geno. Needless to say, I hate a lot about how this franchise is run, and what it feels like to be fan of it.

But how is pointing out we’re the new Browns (and they’re the new Bengals) “treasuring” the losing?

I hate to break it to you but both of those players are on a downhill slide and the longer we keep living in the past the longer it will be until the " new" team will be born. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From '11 through '15 only 4 teams won more regular season games against teams that finished with a winning record than the Bengals (15), and only 5 teams had a better winning percentage (.484).

Here is a list of QBs Dalton beat head-to-head when the opponent had a Division Champion team

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson
Andrew Luck
Peyton Manning
Woot- woot in five years he beat five good teams. Better get that gold jacket ready.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 07:36 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I hate to break it to you but both of those players are on a downhill slide and the longer we keep living in the past the longer it will be until the " new" team will be born. 

You’re not “breaking” anything to me. AJ has not shown any decline in his play as of yet. It’s his injuries that are the problem. He could come back from this one and stay healthy for the rest of his career for all we know. It’s not like it’s the same stuff nagging him over and over.

Geno has indeed been on the decline. Doesn’t mean we can’t be upset about wasting his prime.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm convinced that one of the reasons the Browns are 2-4 is because they simply don't know how to win. They're not winners at this level. Ever wonder why some teams always year in and year out beat bad teams. It's because teams with winning cultures expect to win and know how to. Going 1-15 and getting a QB would be great, but there will be massive damage done to the psyche and development of the young players. No wonder the young guys are regressing. They've won one game the last year
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 02:45 AM)Brimey Wrote: I'm convinced that one of the reasons the Browns are 2-4 is because they simply don't know how to win. They're not winners at this level. Ever wonder why some teams always year in and year out beat bad teams. It's because teams with winning cultures expect to win and know how to. Going 1-15 and getting a QB would be great, but there will be massive damage done to the psyche and development of the young players. No wonder the young guys are regressing. They've won one game the last year

Didn’t seem to affect the 49ers much. They only won 4 games last season, and now they’re undefeated.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 07:40 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Woot- woot in five years he beat five good teams. Better get that gold jacket ready.

Read the first sentence again.

Only four teams in the league had more wins against teams that finished with winning records.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 02:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We've had the lead for something like 30 plays all year in 6 games. IF you can justify that as progress...

And yards do matter as they're generally linked to points and winning.

Generally, but not necessarily, as those close scoring games show...
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 01:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Generally, but not necessarily, as those close scoring games show...

Yards generally lead to points. It's a KPI.

It's like wanting to lose 20 pounds and eating 4000 calories a day. Then, losing some water weight from sweating and being like 'Wow - I was close!'

Turnovers are one thing that can overcome giving up a lot of yards...and we're not particularly good at generating those either.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No thanks.  I never want to treasure losing as much as you.  

I see you have already started a thread to whine about the 2020 draft.  I just don't understand what gets you guys so excited that you can't wait.

In all fairness, you and some others have probably already graded the next draft as an A. See, it works both ways. I’m curious as to how you graded this last draft? Sometimes being realistic leads to negative attitudes and comments. I’m not saying you in particular but there are some that are always optimistic and it just isn’t accepting reality. There are some positives on the team but you have to look hard to find them.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 02:45 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote:  there are some that are always optimistic and it just isn’t accepting reality.

Same could be said for all the people who said McCarron was better than Dalton.

Being negative about everything is no more "realistic" than being positive about everything.  But what strikes me is the amount of pleasure some people seem to drive from complaining.  Making dozens of threads that just say the same thing over and over again.  Or complaining about the 2020 draft a year before it happens.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 02:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Same could be said for all the people who said McCarron was better than Dalton.

Being negative about everything is no more "realistic" than being negative about everything.  But what strikes me is the amount of pleasure some people seem to drive from complaining.  Making dozens of threads that just say the same thing over and over again.  Or complaining about the 2020 draft a year before it happens.

I get that! I don’t know if these people were negative during good times too or maybe they’re just worn out with ownership’s game plan. Some insist that Mike wants to win but the plan was very shaky. Yes, there were key injuries but look at the plan from the get go at LB. I still think that the OL plan was bad but I can buy a bit into the injuries but how can anybody in the entire world defend the LB plan? The coaches had no track record at their current position so that was a total roll of the dice. The plan was to learn as you go? The odds of that being a good recipe for success were not good. I’m just saying that there is some justification for quite a bit of negativity. That kinda flows with how the team goes.... in general.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 10:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Read the first sentence again.

Only four teams in the league had more wins against teams that finished with winning records.

I don't know which teams they are but it's likely those teams probably won playoff games during that span. I also don't care what happened four years ago. Flacco won a SB during that time frame . I guess the Ravens should have held on to him till he was ready for social security The NFL only cares about what is happening now.What is your point?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From '11 through '15 only 4 teams won more regular season games against teams that finished with a winning record than the Bengals (15), and only 5 teams had a better winning percentage (.484).

Here is a list of QBs Dalton beat head-to-head when the opponent had a Division Champion team

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson
Andrew Luck
Peyton Manning
But wasn't that also when we had Zimmer led defenses??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 02:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Same could be said for all the people who said McCarron was better than Dalton.

Being negative about everything is no more "realistic" than being negative about everything.  But what strikes me is the amount of pleasure some people seem to drive from complaining.  Making dozens of threads that just say the same thing over and over again.  Or complaining about the 2020 draft a year before it happens.

I tell you what sickens me.  Being told I'm not being "realistic" because I refuse to come here and spew negativity everywhere.  Some people want to have the right to cry, but god forbid you try and come here for enjoyment.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 04:13 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I don't know which teams they are but it's likely those teams probably won playoff games during that span. I also don't care what happened four years ago. Flacco won a SB during that time frame . I guess the Ravens should have held on to him till he was ready for social security The NFL only cares about what is happening now. What is your point?

My post was in response to this post I quoted from FIK.

(10-14-2019, 02:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Even in 2005, 2009, and 2011-15 the Bengals could not beat good teams in the regular season so the lack of postseason success shouldn’t surprise anyone.

So I guess the "point" is that you should not get so excited about shitting on the Bengals that you don't even pay attention to what people are talking about.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 04:39 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I tell you what sickens me.  Being told I'm not being "realistic" because I refuse to come here and spew negativity everywhere.  Some people want to have the right to cry, but god forbid you try and come here for enjoyment.

So you're surprised that there is a lot of negative posts around a team that has 1 win in it's past 14 games?

Maybe we should celebrate that win?!?! Are we nearing the 1 year anniversary of it yet? Dec 16. Before that our win was Oct 28.

So we've won 2 total games in the last 365 days!
Reply/Quote
I bet they are frustrated and I bet there pissed as well. The confidence in the front office has to be less than zero at this point.
To me the bigger issue is this team has some good players and good position groups but the front office has showed that they won't be productive in filling the wholes on this team.
It was a flat out an embarrassment that they resigned Preston Brown & Bobby Hart this year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 05:03 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I bet they are frustrated and I bet there pissed as well. The confidence in the front office has to be less than zero at this point.
To me the bigger issue is this team has some good players and good position groups but the front office has showed that they won't be productive in filling the wholes on this team.
It was a flat out an embarrassment that they resigned Preston Brown & Bobby Hart this year.

There are honestly SOO MANY holes on this team now. We're no longer 1 or 2 players away. We're 6-7-8 players away.
Reply/Quote