Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1-2-1
It's the NFL and the difference between winning and losing is razor thing but....just think how this place would have been if we didn't get the offensive PI and blow the game in Phily? That could have been the difference in a 6/7 win season and a 4/5 win season, which in the long term means little but probably does change the sentiment around here a bit.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 01:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Watson is a stud. He’ll be fine.

Watson is one of my favorite non-Bengal players.  For his entire career he has been sacked a lot more often (once every 9.4 attempts) than Burrow has been this year (once every 11.8), yet he has a career passer rating over 100.  This year Watson is getting sacked once every 8 attempts but his rating is 98.2 and he is getting just about the same passing yards per game (273.0 to 280.3)
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 09:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Watson is one of my favorite non-Bengal players.  For his entire career he has been sacked a lot more often (once every 9.4 attempts) than Burrow has been this year (once every 11.8), yet he has a career passer rating over 100.

He should be way more pissed off at Bill O'Brien than any person on earth. Between giving him a crap O line and trading away DeAndre Hopkins it's a miracle this dude isn't leading the charge to run O'Brien out of Houston. 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 09:06 AM)Au165 Wrote: It's the NFL and the difference between winning and losing is razor thing but....just think how this place would have been if we didn't get the offensive PI and blow the game in Phily? That could have been the difference in a 6/7 win season and a 4/5 win season, which in the long term means little but probably does change the sentiment around here a bit.

Two wins over the course of the entire season might not make a big difference, but if we were 3-1 right now fans would be talking about building a statue for Taylor instead of running him out of town.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 08:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess a couple threads got merged? Cause I certainly don’t remember starting this one. And I only had 2 glasses of wine last night...lol

You stole the rights to ownership of my thread! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:43 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: After tomorrow night, the Bengals will have a better record than 12 other teams in the NFL.

Falcons
Broncos
Jets
Jags
Cowboys
Lions
Vikings
Texans
Dolphins
Chargers
Football Team
Giants

All the above are either 1-3 or 0-4.

It doesn’t mean a whole lot, but I found it interesting.

We are in the top half of the league (15th) in point differential.

Not saying this is good or even acceptable.  Just talking to the ones around here who were crying about us being a "laughingstock" with the absolute worst coaches in the league.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Philly 1st place in NFC East with 1 win. Holy shit that division is terrible. Lol

Well it also becomes clear our first 3 games were against some tough opposition. Did you see what the Browns did to Dallas? And the LA Chargers almost beat Tampa -- Tyrod is always at his best when people are underestimating him. 

Of course that doesn't mean it will get easier. None of our divisional games will be easy (we could get swept in the division but we'll see I guess). The Titans and Colts both look like world beaters and even some of the bad teams will probably handle us easily if the defense doesn't improve (Houston comes to mind).

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 09:30 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Well it also becomes clear our first 3 games were against some tough opposition. Did you see what the Browns did to Dallas? And the LA Chargers almost beat Tampa -- Tyrod is always at his best when people are underestimating him. 

Of course that doesn't mean it will get easier. None of our divisional games will be easy (we could get swept in the division but we'll see I guess). The Titans and Colts both look like world beaters and even some of the bad teams will probably handle us easily if the defense doesn't improve (Houston comes to mind).

The Colts look like world beaters? They lost to the team we just beat...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote