Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1/2/2011
Was the last time the Bengals went into a weekend with nothing to play for. I will be interested to see how the team reacts or if we take a look at some subs.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It'd be the perfect time to take stock and see what we have with our younger guys. Having an idea of their potential have would go a long way when deciding how to approach the off-season.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 03:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Was the last time the Bengals went into a weekend with nothing to play for. I will be interested to see how the team reacts or if we take a look at some subs.

Oh contrar.  There is MB franchise history that can be rewritten Saturday night.  They can win 2 and tie 1 'big stage' games in one season that I don't think has happened since he took over.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 03:19 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Oh contrar.  There is MB franchise history that can be rewritten Saturday night.  They can win 2 and tie 1 'big stage' games in one season that I don't think has happened since he took over.

Post it in every thread so nobody misses it.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 03:24 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Post it in every thread so nobody misses it.

Cool   Did I ruffle your feathers CTB??   Nervous   Hilarious

I used to entertain myself by doing that a lot then decided to get involved in other hobbies to occupy my time!   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 03:14 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It'd be the perfect time to take stock and see what we have with our younger guys. Having an idea of their potential have would go a long way when deciding how to approach the off-season.

Sure woulda liked a look at WJIII....... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 03:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Was the last time the Bengals went into a weekend with nothing to play for. I will be interested to see how the team reacts or if we take a look at some subs.

Fisher has to be a lock at RT from here on out, you'd think.

I seen Vigil a few times, hope he gets some more good reps. Maybe try Fej out there again and see if he can maintain his solid play.

Now the serious subs comes into question.

Do you let AJ play some? OG at LT? Rex starting over Hill?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: Sure woulda liked a look at WJIII....... Mellow

Loyalty (to Peerman this time) bites again.

They could've signed a different RB to hold the bench up, while bringing in WJIII to get invaluable experience.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Loyalty (to Peerman this time) bites again.

They could've signed a different RB to hold the bench up, while bringing in WJIII to get invaluable experience.

Yeah, I mean, we even had one on the practice squad in Tra Carson, right?

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: Sure woulda liked a look at WJIII....... Mellow

Would have liked to made the playoffs. That was the context within the decision was made. WJ3 wasn't going to help us make the playoffs this year. Peerman improved our Special Teams almost right away.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:59 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Would have liked to made the playoffs. That was the context within the decision was made. WJ3 wasn't going to help us make the playoffs this year. Peerman improved our Special Teams almost right away.

Playoffs?!?!?!  You wanna talk about playoffs?!?!?!?!? LMAO

That ship sailed out of the port of London my friend.  It was stupid then, and still is.  If your first round draft pick is good to go, you bring him back, not a 30 year old special teams lifer.  I read where Marv was gonna go with him until Gio went down.  So, why not stay with the plan and use Carson off the PS as the reserve RB?  Sign a FA?  The move looks even dumber since the inevitable has happened and we're eliminated.  He could be getting meaningful PT over the next two games to get a jump on 2017, instead of a DreK 2.0.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Playoffs?!?!?!  You wanna talk about playoffs?!?!?!?!? LMAO

That ship sailed out of the port of London my friend.  It was stupid then, and still is.  If your first round draft pick is good to go, you bring him back, not a 30 year old special teams lifer.  I read where Marv was gonna go with him until Gio went down.  So, why not stay with the plan and use Carson off the PS as the reserve RB?  Sign a FA?  The move looks even dumber since the inevitable has happened and we're eliminated.  He could be getting meaningful PT over the next two games to get a jump on 2017, instead of a DreK 2.0.

Only if you're a quitter. The fact is we were still in playoff contention at that moment and controlled our own destiny. That is flat out non debatable.

I don't consider no training camp, no pre-season and coming off of a major injury good to go. Our Special Teams was struggling mightily and improved with Peerman. Why is being a "Special Teams lifer" considered a bad thing? Especially when you need help there. You have to be able to control the field position game and Peerman makes great blocks and tackles.

He would be taking a backseat to Shaw and Dennard anyways. Dennard is the true DreK 2.0. His injuries have stunted his development and his chances to see meaningful playing time.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 05:18 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Only if you're a quitter. The fact is we were still in playoff contention at that moment and controlled our own destiny. That is flat out non debatable.

I don't consider no training camp, no pre-season and coming off of a major injury good to go. Our Special Teams was struggling mightily and improved with Peerman. Why is being a "Special Teams lifer" considered a bad thing? Especially when you need help there. You have to be able to control the field position game and Peerman makes great blocks and tackles.

He would be taking a backseat to Shaw and Dennard anyways. Dennard is the true DreK 2.0. His injuries have stunted his development and his chances to see meaningful playing time.

It's not a knock on Peerman.  Yes, if these dumbasses had benched Ogbuehi, and cut No Make by then, we had a legitimate shot.  AS it stood, they didn't, and in doing so, they destroyed any real shot at the playoffs.

Personally, I haven't seen that much out of Peerman.  Not enough to limit practice reps and possible game reps my first rounder could have gotten and NEEDS due to missing much of training camp.  I meant physically good to go, but you really knew that.  He'll never be good to go if he never sees the field.  Marvin is a dumbass, period.  Other teams play rookies, that way they know what they're dealing with, and what they're worth come contract time.  We roll with a 30 yr old backup in hopes he saves our season?  Come on man......

Reply/Quote
The only thing I want to see is 
AJ Green get at least 40 yards against the Ravens.

That's it...nothing else.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 09:19 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The only thing I want to see is 
AJ Green get at least 40 yards against the Ravens.

That's it...nothing else.

Meh. Even if he gets 1000 I'll still be disappointed. He was on pace for over 1700 when he went down. This could've been a historic season for him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 09:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. Even if he gets 1000 I'll still be disappointed. He was on pace for over 1700 when he went down. This could've been a historic season for him.

If he gets the 40 yards it will still be historic.  It would be nice for him to get it at home so we could acknowledge him in this otherwise shit show of a season.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote