Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1/3 of Amercians would refuse to hide a Jew during the Holocaust
(09-25-2015, 08:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's also pretty interesting that people who are against the ethical treatment of the current persecuted sects of people are so sure they would have stood up and put their lives on the line to fight the persecution of people in the past.

No doubt. I'll continue to be against the killing of innocents.

Can we all say the same?

I mean I'm sure we all are saddened that millions of Jews were killed, but the Nazis had rights and who are we to make the decision for them?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-25-2015, 09:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. I'll continue to be against the killing of innocents.

Can we all say the same?

I mean I'm sure we all are saddened that millions of Jews were killed, but the Nazis had rights and who are we to make the decision for them?

Right, but the million-plus Iraqi civilians were just collateral damage.

Pro-life until you're born. Then you're on your own. Just like the Bible sez.
(09-25-2015, 09:54 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Right, but the million-plus Iraqi civilians were just collateral damage.

Pro-life until you're born. Then you're on your own. Just like the Bible sez.

Not sure what that has to do with the Holocaust, but roll with it. 

(09-25-2015, 10:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure what that has to do with the Holocaust, but roll with it. 

I'm not sure why you made an obvious (and crappy) analogy between the Holocaust and fetal tissue being destroyed either, but I'm glad that you're deciding to stop it after I immediately pointed out your hypocrisy.
Their religion would have nothing to do with my decision.
What it depends on is if I know the person or not.
If it is a friend, yes, without a doubt.
If I don't know the person, sorry.
Better question

If the United States gets to a place where the people think all Muslims are terrorists and seek to kill them, would you hide a Muslim in your basement?

I would, without a doubt. That Muslim is a human being and I would protect them as much as I could. I wouldn't sacrifice my families life though for them and I do not know if I could go as far as sacrificing my life though. That's a big commitment.

I would do the same for any person, be it Jew, Muslim, Christian, what have you.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(09-25-2015, 10:02 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I'm not sure why you made an obvious (and crappy) analogy between the Holocaust and fetal tissue being destroyed either, but I'm glad that you're deciding to stop it after I immediately pointed out your hypocrisy.

Yes, you consider the unborn child "fetal tissue". I wonder what the Nazis consider the Jew. 

Good job pointing out my hypocrisy; even though, I have no idea what it was. 

If the person was a friend, maybe probably.

But you're also supposed to protect your family, and I'm not sure I see the compassion or honor in putting your family in harm's way even for a friend. For a stranger, absolutely not.

If it's just yourself, have at it. But when it comes to people who count on you to keep them safe, particularly your children, family comes first. When kids are involved, I'm not sure you really have a choice to say "yes". Or at least it's not a choice you should be making for your wife and kids, and your kids aren't capable of making the choice.
(09-25-2015, 10:46 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: If the United States gets to a place where the people think all Muslims are terrorists and seek to kill them, would you hide a Muslim in your basement?

Why would I hide someone I think is a terrorist?

Reported
(09-25-2015, 10:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure what that has to do with the Holocaust, but roll with it. 

(09-26-2015, 12:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Good job pointing out my hypocrisy; even though, I have no idea what it was. 

GodhHatesBengals proves Ann Coulter is right:

"In the famous liberal two-step, they leap from one idiotic point to the next, so you can never nail them. It’s like arguing with someone with Attention Deficit Disorder."
(09-26-2015, 12:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I have no idea 

What else is new?
(09-26-2015, 01:15 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: GodhHatesBengals proves Ann Coulter is right:

"In the famous liberal two-step, they leap from one idiotic point to the next, so you can never nail them. It’s like arguing with someone with Attention Deficit Disorder."

Ann Coulter isn't even right when she says "good morning".

It doesn't surprise me whatsoever that you and bfine both share a great confusion over my post. Unfortunately you'll have to either decipher it for yourself or move along, because frankly it gets incredibly tedious having to explain simple sentences word-by-word to you right-wingers all the time. Should have paid attention in English class.
(09-26-2015, 02:05 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Ann Coulter isn't even right when she says "good morning".

I'm pretty sure she's always right.
(09-25-2015, 06:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What was "scientific" about the poll?

A scientific poll probably means the poll was conducted following specific guidelines or methodology duh.
(09-26-2015, 02:05 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Ann Coulter isn't even right when she says "good morning".

How ironic because you are wrong.

But so what? Even if it was accurate your point is moot. I didn't say she was always right. I implied she was right in this instance. Spot on right.

Stuff like this shouldn't have to be explained to you.

I bet much of the 1/3 of Americans that would to harbor a Jew were probably either liberal Democrats because they are anti-Israeli, or white supremacists because they hate Jews.... white supremacists are becoming extinct though, so that leaves liberal democrats.

Seems liberals are incapable of putting aside their bias and imagine themselves and their world view in 1940's Europe.

(09-26-2015, 09:50 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: A scientific poll probably means the poll was conducted following specific guidelines or methodology duh.

I use the same methodology every time to tie my shoes.  Doesn't make it "scientific."
Y'all know I love the Jewish people. But, any kind of genocide being done to people of any kind, I would hide them and risk it. Looking out for my family is #1 priority, but I could not just ignore something like that. My wife and kids would do the same. (I actually asked them if they would)
(09-25-2015, 09:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So what would you do?

Well I would say that I would help others. And it's easy to help those we know or are familiar. I guess you would have to think of the most out of your comfort zone person, and then think of you would help. My faith teaches that we are to step up, much like Lot did in Gomorrah, even when facing seemingly impossible odds. I will stand for life, but it's easier to say now when there is no risk. I hope I am as strong in my resolve and clear in my mind as I am today. But in all honesty we won't know until we are faced with the choice.
(09-26-2015, 12:15 PM)Blutarsky Wrote:  
I bet much of the 1/3 of Americans that would to harbor a Jew were probably either liberal Democrats because they are anti-Israeli, or white supremacists because they hate Jews.... white supremacists are becoming extinct though, so that leaves liberal democrats.

Seems liberals are incapable of putting aside their bias and imagine themselves and their world view in 1940's Europe.

Oh, bullshit. I will admit, there is a loud mouth faction of liberals that are jumping on the "down with Israel" bandwagon. But hey man, you do realize there are also some bigoted conservatives that hate the Jews? There are a lot of conservatives that are pro-Israel. But that does not mean that they are all pro-Jew.

Liberals (there are conservatives too on this list) who love Israel- http://www.israellycool.com/2010/09/06/pro-israel-celebrities/

But yeah, let's all lump liberals with the young stupid college kids. You know, most liberals like me can't stand that hippy shit either. Go ahead and pay attention to what the media keeps feeding you though. Or, you can be open minded and see that both sides have their spoiled rotten apples, and the media LOVES it! ThumbsUp Rock On