Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One run games
The Reds lost another 1 run game yesterday. Seems this will be the killer for us this season. Votto better get his $30 million act together soon. I'm tired of these close games and the Reds either giving up late inning runs or unable to hit in late innings.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2019, 07:48 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The Reds lost another 1 run game yesterday. Seems this will be the killer for us this season. Votto better get his $30 million act together soon. I'm tired of these close games and the Reds either giving up late inning runs or unable to hit in late innings.

There's no doubt that Votto has to step it up for this team to take off. He's batting .206 with 7 RBI's ! It's like having another pitcher in the lineup.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm wondering why exactly Votto has been kept in the top of the lineup despite his lack of production. I'm guessing he has some kind of compromising video of Bell screwing the pooch..  Oh wait..we all have that video. I think we call it youtube.. 
The story of Joey Votto 2019 version.. even if this was from a previous season..
https://youtu.be/HzeHD-n9ZP8
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, the Reds were able to dump the Homer contract. But, not the Votto contract. I still think a long term deal is bad for the fans. Wait, we pay for it.
Reply/Quote
I forgot to mention the 2 run games we lose. Today was one of them.
Reply/Quote