Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Getting really tired of J. Votto
(05-04-2019, 05:37 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And leading the team with 33 strikeouts, he doesn't need to be leading off put him batting 8th and see if that stings his pride and gets his head out of his........

That actually sounds like an excellent idea. He seems to be a very prideful guy with a big ego and we know that he has a big temper. This could slow his overthinking and just piss him off. The Reds management is way too gutless to do it though. I’d be for doing that just for one game to try an kick start the guy.
Reply/Quote
I vote to let him sit with Bell in the locker room during games for awhile.. Actually I'd have more faith as Votto as manager as opposed to Bell. I have absolutely ZERO faith in Bell at this point. At least Votto has proven over the years he's capable of turning things around. Bell has no such track record. He's digressed at every managerial position he's ever been at including all minor league positions. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2019, 10:00 AM)grampahol Wrote: I vote to let him sit with Bell in the locker room during games for awhile.. Actually I'd have more faith as Votto as manager as opposed to Bell. I have absolutely ZERO faith in Bell at this point. At least Votto has proven over the years he's capable of turning things around. Bell has no such track record. He's digressed at every managerial position he's ever been at including all minor league positions. 

I never thought we be able to get rid of Bailey and we did. Perhaps lightning will strike twice and we can dump Votto and put Dietrich at 1st ?

Then maybe Bell will run off and join the French Foreign Legion ?
Reply/Quote
I have no problem getting another backup catcher and putting Casali at first.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I don't think Votto is leaving the Reds and I doubt anyone wants to trade for him at his age and his salary. On the other hand he can and often does add value to the team.  Like many older players his playing time will likely diminish, but the Reds simply have no viable first baseman relplacement in the pipeline that I can see who can accomplish anything near what Votto has over the years. Dietrich doesn't really have the batting average stats that comes near anything Votto has over the years. His home run rate this season is up, but big deal.  He's currently at a 240 clip and his history doesn't bode well as a full time replacement. 
Perhaps it's time they start looking for a full time replacement we can rely on and who can really develop both offensively as well as defensively.. In the meantime we can only hope Votto picks up his offense to help carry the team going forward and if not let him sit more often instead of merely hoping he snaps out of the funk game after game..
I'm fine with Joey finishing his entire career as a Cincinnati Reds player. One thing is certain, there are no perfect baseball players. I believe Joey has at least earned the right to finish his career with the team. He's not exactly Brice Harper with 45 strikeouts and a .226 average making close to a billion bucks.. How would you like to have that line hanging on the team? I'd rather have Votto in the lineup than Harper at this point. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The one thing I will say about Votto is that he has had a crappy first half of a season before and the ended up almost being the MVP with an all world second half. I just hate that by the time that it ends all of the love that Votto once has will more than likely end in bitterness because his deal will be a lingering anchor if he doesn’t produce.
Reply/Quote