Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1/6 Commission Thread Cont...
Trump supporters have to realize that it was Trumps own DOJ and FBI who determined Russia influenced our elections to elect Trump and provided legal proof on how it happened.

If Biden's own DOJ and FBI concluded election fraud that took place stealing an election from Trump, this little fact wouldn't be ignored by them. But Trump's own people agreed that Russia attacked our Democracy and influenced the 2016 elections in favor of Trump. Hell we are reminded in this thread how they released the Hillary emails and played up that scandal through social media bots getting Republican voters all worked up over her dinner plans with Chelsea.

Those emails that Republicans made such a big deal about being on a private server as they ignore Meadows private server and email entities he (along with Ivanka) used throughout his time in the WH.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
It is worth noting that on December 10th, Federal Judge Dabney Freidrich held that obstructing the electoral vote count is illegal. It was noted violence was not needed for this to occur, simply intending to interfere with the action would constitute a crime. It would then mean a conspiracy to commit such a crime, and all those involved in said conspiracy, would be in legal jeopardy. Just something interesting to think about as the commission rolls on and names all the players who obviously intended to obstruct the vote in various ways.
Reply/Quote
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/why-mark-meadows-use-personal-email-accounts-matters-n1285937?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 01:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/why-mark-meadows-use-personal-email-accounts-matters-n1285937?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

Interesting.

In case anyone has successfully blocked 2016 from their minds, the American electorate was told for many months that the former secretary of State's email protocols were one of the defining political issues of our time. As Election Day 2016 approached, and the United States faced the prospect of having a ridiculous television personality elected to the nation's highest office, "email" was the one thing voters heard most about the more capable and more qualified candidate.

The fact that Clinton did not rely entirely on her state.gov address, the electorate was told, was evidence of her recklessness. She put the United States at risk, the argument went. For some, it might even have been literally criminal.

During the presidential campaign, then-House Speaker Paul Ryan went so far as to formally request that Clinton be denied intelligence briefings — insisting that her email practices were proof that she couldn't be trusted.

After her defeat, Donald Trump and his team took office, at which point top members of the president's inner circle began utilizing private email accounts.

This didn't become a major national scandal because, well, I've never been altogether clear why not. Perhaps this would've been a bigger story if the Republican White House weren't routinely rocked by controversies of greater historical significance. Perhaps the political media concluded — a bit too late — that email protocols weren't quite as important as they seemed in 2016.

But Meadows offers an even more striking example, not only because he was part of a Republican White House filled with Clinton critics who were doing what she did, but also because he was a GOP member of Congress — who helped investigate Clinton's email practices in 2016.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 02:36 PM)Dill Wrote: Don Lemon apparently wants Jen Psaki to stop calling of Fox News, as so many of their commentators have become part of the story.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/don-lemon-urges-white-house-to-stop-calling-on-fox-news/

Some great whattaboutism in this NR article as well.

Given the revelations from the texts, I would advocate that Fox News should no longer call itself "news" and their press credentials should be revoked. What we see from their big names is that they have individual views contrary to the characters, because that's what they are, they portray on air. The station peddles in fiction and should no longer be considered news.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 09:46 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Given the revelations from the texts, I would advocate that Fox News should no longer call itself "news" and their press credentials should be revoked. What we see from their big names is that they have individual views contrary to the characters, because that's what they are, they portray on air. The station peddles in fiction and should no longer be considered news.

"No reasonable person would take what X says to be true" -Fox News lawyers.

It used to just apply to Tucker (I believe), but now they know they have a defense that'll hold up in court so they just lean into it.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 09:46 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Given the revelations from the texts, I would advocate that Fox News should no longer call itself "news" and their press credentials should be revoked. What we see from their big names is that they have individual views contrary to the characters, because that's what they are, they portray on air. The station peddles in fiction and should no longer be considered news.

That's an unusually strong take from you.  Not that I'm complaining...lol...but even I didn't get that far yet.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 06:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: That's an unusually strong take from you.  Not that I'm complaining...lol...but even I didn't get that far yet.

What else can be said?  The whole thing is utterly absurd.

FOX - Trump, you need to tell your followers to stop!
TRUMP - No.
FOX - Ok, then we'll just say they aren't your followers and even if they were your followers they didn't do anything wrong.
TRUMP - You said Biden won Arizona, you suck.
FOX - Yes sir, we suck.

Trump and Fox are just flat out telling their supporters/viewers that we are going to give you a list of excuses that contradict each other, but you can just pick the one you like, or you can just accept them all even though it doesn't make any logical sense.  I haven't paid too much attention, but has anyone suggested the officers or insurrectionists who were killed were actually faking their deaths and that their families need to be harassed and threatened? 
Reply/Quote
Not that we needed more proof that McCarthy is a Trumpster idiot, pardon me, I repeat myself...

Reply/Quote
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/590505-supreme-court-rejects-trumps-bid-to-shield-records-from-jan-6

Quote:Supreme Court rejects Trump's bid to shield records from Jan. 6 committee
BY JOHN KRUZEL - 01/19/22 06:19 PM EST

[Image: trumpdonald_011221ap-gerald-herbert_anti...k=IqXAV1eZ]
Associated Press/Gerald Herbert

The Supreme Court on Wednesday rejected former President Trump's bid to block a trove of his administration's records from being handed to the Jan. 6 House committee.

The ruling came in an unsigned, one-paragraph order. Justice Clarence Thomas, a staunch conservative, was alone in indicating that he would have granted Trump’s request.

Developing

Popcorn
Reply/Quote
It's getting clearer and clearer this country was ran by Fox News under Trump. And that, I don't care which side you are on. Is a disaster and shows the lack of leadership skills Trump really had.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sean-hannity-jan-6-texts-kayleigh-mcenany_n_61ea74f7e4b0c24d4dd43f70

Reply/Quote
It also highlights just how much Fox News pundits lie to their viewers.

Reply/Quote
The new connection between the fake certifications and the Trump campaign is important because conspiracy is becoming more and more apparent here.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 10:37 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's getting clearer and clearer this country was ran by Fox News under Trump. And that, I don't care which side you are on. Is a disaster and shows the lack of leadership skills Trump really had.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sean-hannity-jan-6-texts-kayleigh-mcenany_n_61ea74f7e4b0c24d4dd43f70

Who's running it now ? MSNBC ? Certainly not that man behind the microphone in that embarrassment of a news conference that Biden held.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 01:55 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Who's running it now ? MSNBC ? Certainly not that man behind the microphone in that embarrassment of a news conference that Biden held.

Peter Doocy did come off as a bit of a dumbass there, I'll admit.  He's got a narrative to push for his bosses, though.
Reply/Quote
At least Peter didn't give Putin the greenlight to invade Ukraine as long as he does it on a small scale.  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 02:56 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: At least Peter didn't give Putin the greenlight to invade Ukraine as long as he does it on a small scale.  Nervous

America first, Ukraine....ehh....not first, I guess.
Reply/Quote
Man.  You guys are NOT gonna believe this but Trump didn't understand how to do his job as POTUS and he ALSO lied about what he did.

Personally...I'm stunned.   Ninja

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/mar/02/donald-trump/no-proof-trump-requested-10000-guard-troops-jan-6-/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1641524845

Quote:No proof Trump requested 10,000 Guard troops for Jan. 6 or that Pelosi denied it

IF YOUR TIME IS SHORT
  • There is no evidence that Trump made a request for 10,000 National Guard troops to be deployed for a rally he held that preceded the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.
  • There is no evidence that Pelosi denied such a request.

See the sources for this fact-check

Asked in an interview about the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, former President Donald Trump claimed that he had made a request for 10,000 National Guard troops to be deployed for the rally he led that preceded the attack, and that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi rejected it.

His claim was widely repeated on social media.

There is no clear evidence that Trump made such a request, and no evidence that Pelosi denied one.
"The Speaker’s Office has made it clear publicly and repeatedly that our office was not consulted or contacted concerning any request for the National Guard ahead of Jan. 6," said Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill. 

And that has been confirmed, Hammill pointed out, by the former House’s former head of security, under oath.

Trump’s claim on Fox News
Trump had encouraged his supporters to come to Washington on Jan. 6 to protest the results of his election loss to Joe Biden. At a rally on the Ellipse, outside the White House, he urged those in attendance to march to the Capitol, where a joint session of Congress was officially counting the electoral votes from the election. The proceedings were interrupted by a mob in an attack that left five people dead.

In an Feb. 28 interview, Fox News host Steve Hilton asked Trump if he would have done any differently on Jan. 6. Trump said: 
"We said to the Department of Defense, the top person, days before we had the rally … I requested … I definitely gave the number of 10,000 National Guardsmen, I think you should have 10,000 of the National Guard ready.
 They took that number. From what I understand, they gave it to the people at the Capitol, which is controlled by Pelosi. And I heard they rejected it because they didn’t think it would look good. So, you know, that was a big mistake."

A mention, no clear request 
According to a Jan. 22 Vanity Fair article, Christopher Miller, then the acting defense secretary, said he met with Trump the night before the attack about a matter unrelated to Trump’s rally the next day. But then Trump asked Miller how many troops the Pentagon planned to deploy the next day in D.C., according to Miller’s account. 

There is no clear evidence that Trump made a request for 10,000 National Guard troops, but based on what Miller told the magazine, it appears Trump wondered aloud about what was planned:

FEATURED FACT-CHECK

[Image: 4ef87c2459b8bd3199c85be8a611ebed.jpg][Image: a9430dc7eedbd5c518c3a4c31121908a.jpg]
Dinesh D'Souza
stated on January 4, 2022 in a Fox News appearance

Recently released Jan. 6 footage shows "these cops using massive amounts of force against unarmed Trump supporters, including women."
[Image: 6078f198eb8fad1b553c23b0d3edc735.jpg.][Image: meter-false.jpg]
By Bill McCarthy • January 10, 2022

The president, Miller recalled, asked how many troops the Pentagon planned to turn out the following day. "We’re like, ‘We’re going to provide any National Guard support that the District requests,’" Miller responded. "And (Trump) goes, ‘You’re going to need 10,000 people.’ No, I’m not talking bullshit. He said that. And we’re like, ‘Maybe. But you know, someone’s going to have to ask for it.’" At that point Miller remembered the president telling him, "‘You do what you need to do. You do what you need to do.’ He said, ‘You’re going to need 10,000.’ That’s what he said. Swear to God."

A Defense Department spokesman said the department "has no record of such an order being given" by Trump.
In June 2020, Trump did mobilize the National Guard, as well as other federal agencies, in Washington in response to protests over police brutality. 

Pelosi not informed
In testimony at a Senate hearing on Feb. 23, former Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund said he met on Jan. 4 with former House sergeant-at-arms Paul Irving, who reported to Pelosi, and former Senate sergeant-at-arms Michael Stenger, and that Sund requested that National Guard troops be deployed on Jan. 6. (All three men resigned after the attack.)

Irving testified that he did not take the discussion as a request. He said that Sund had said only that he had received an offer from the National Guard. Irving said all three men agreed that, based on intelligence reports, there was no need for troops.

Irving said he had no discussion about the matter with any congressional leaders until Jan. 6.

A spokesman for Trump did not reply to our emails.

Our ruling
Trump said he requested "10,000 National Guardsmen" for his Jan. 6 rally, but Pelosi "rejected it."

A news article reported that Trump told the acting defense secretary the night before the rally that he thought 10,000 National Guard troops would be needed, but he did not make any clear request for 10,000 troops. 

Pelosi’s spokesman said she was not consulted about the National Guard before Jan. 6. And the former House sergeant-at-arms, who reported to Pelosi, testified that he had no discussions about National Guard troops with any congressional leaders before Jan. 6.

Without evidence to back it, we rate Trump’s statement False.

It's almost like a bunch of people said he was unfit to hold the office and were right. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 01:55 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Who's running it now ? MSNBC ? Certainly not that man behind the microphone in that embarrassment of a news conference that Biden held.

You might not like the Dems, but Rachel Maddox and co were never texting and emailing Obama or Biden telling them what to do and running them like this. If they were being ran they were being ran by the inner circle or party elites. This is unprecedented to have a news organization pretty much run the country (while lying to their viewers when we now know they knew all along what kind of disaster he was, and did their best to manage him). This is actually very embarrassing for Trump. No way around it. 

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 02:56 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: At least Peter didn't give Putin the greenlight to invade Ukraine as long as he does it on a small scale.  Nervous

I though they already invaded Ukraine? Wasn't that an attack on Obama/Hillary? I can't keep up. Not to be funny. The truth is we already claimed he invaded Ukraine. Already spent time on that "outrage", already blamed a Dem POTUS and Candidate for POTUS. It is like old news. Soooooo 2014... That is old outrage Fox and company are coming up with (they are probably texting people blaming Trump as they blame Biden on air. We now see how they operate). 

Reply/Quote