Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Player Every NFL Team Must Bench Immediately
When asked about possibly making a change to improve the team, Marvin said.................

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 01:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Austin has one and a half eyebrows of mine up. If it goes to 2 he's outta here.

I think a lot of this is caused not by the play call but lack of adjustments and commication pre snap....   the general is back this week  so lets see if it improves.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 06:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think a lot of this is caused not by the play call but lack of adjustments and commication pre snap....   the general is back this week  so lets see if it improves.

I sure hope so because we've had a lot of deer in the headlights looks from the LBers and DB's up to this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 12:27 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Can I bench some defensive coaches?  We knew the o-line was in transition.  We were gashed for 230 yards rushing one game, and are giving up over 300 per in passing overall.

This.  I think Redmond is very valuable and overlooked in the rushing attack.  He is seeing a lot of moves for the first time, but we need to remember that a lot of those pressures are not sacks or even hits.  He stays on his guy.  I think by the end of the year, with Price back next to him, they will be a very solid unit.  Bobby Hart seems to be improving as well.  

The bottom line is that they are light years ahead of last year's unit.

If we want to bench anyone, it should be Shawn Williams.  Dude can't cover and he can't tackle in space.  I think Fej would at least be an upgrade in tackling.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 06:25 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's not letting Bleacher Report decide, it's letting the tape decide.

And what the tape says, is Redmond has been awful. There's no debating that.
Most holding penalties among all lineman.
3rd most pressures among all offensive guards.
Just because the offense AROUND Redmond does well, does not make him good.

And it's not like this is a one game thing, Redmond has struggled all year.

With Glenn, there's at least bright spots.
His first two weeks, he allowed only two pressures.
Since then, he's allowed 8.

When healthy, Glenn is very good. When unhealthy, he's not.
That's been his entire career.

Redmond has not been good. Nor has Hart.

You can only bench a guy if you have someone better to replace him with.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can only bench a guy if you have someone better to replace him with.

Never know if someone's better if they never see playing time, either.

Sure, one can go off of preseason for Westerman; which he played great.
But Bobby Hart also played great in 2017's preseason and then turned out to be a pile of garbage.

So it can always go either way with an unknown player.
Only difference is, we've seen Redmond play. And he's been one of the worst guards in football.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote