Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 RB in Rushing Yards this week so far is...
(12-03-2018, 12:48 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Did you take out all the 'big runs' when calculating his ypc on the season too? I'm guessing a 65 yard run wasn't his biggest of the season.

Read more then the first two lines of my original post. 

I never said we played well. In fact,  I said teams can put up numbers against us. It's just... come on. Look at any player. When ever someone has a huge 50+ yard run, they get inflated yards per... 8.3 is inflated. That's my point. 
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 01:00 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Read more then the first two lines of my original post. 

I never said we played well. In fact,  I said teams can put up numbers against us. It's just... come on. Look at any player. When ever someone has a huge 50+ yard run, they get inflated yards per... 8.3 is inflated. That's my point. 

You can't just take long runs away though...because they happened. It's a statistic.

Even without that run...giving up over 5 yards per carry to him is bad.

We gave up a lot of YPC to Freeman too.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Keenum had a 95.5 passer rating. And Lindsay rushed for 8.3 yards per carry.

8.3 yards per carry!

The defense didn’t look good again, but a 95.5 passer rating in the NFL today is not a very good rating. It’s exactly average. Case played “okay” though he did play better than usual.

League average passer rating is 95.2. The top 14 guys all are over 100 rating. The stats have definitely changed.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:48 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Did you take out all the 'big runs' when calculating his ypc on the season too? I'm guessing a 65 yard run wasn't his biggest of the season.

Joe Mixon averaged 6.8 yards per carry today. That is pretty good right? Did you think the Broncos defense played well?
Reply/Quote
If the D gets gashed by a run like that in most games, it's not really an outlier then. If the team regularly has an epic fail... .
Fwiw, outliers aren't thrown out of statistics, they become readily apparent as you get a standard deviation. They're still a part of the story. In this case, a breakdown occurred, and similar breakdowns keep happening.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
By holding Denver to under 500 yards in the first half was our moral victory so stand up and applaud then run right out to buy a Cody Core jersey or you're NOT a real fan and your opinion doesn't count .

Uhhh.. I've yet to rush right out to buy my Cody Core jersey.  DAMMIT! There goes my real fan status. I'll hang my head in shame real soon  ...any time now.. Be sure to hold your breath waiting..

Be honest now . How many of you actually own a Cody Core jersey you'd be proud to wear? You know you want to..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote