Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Seed
Exclamation 
Next year we will go into the preseason with a healthy Joe Burrow (no infected appendicitis keeping him out), an OL that has played together for a full year. Better depth on OL (from last 4-5 games). The goal from preseason game one should be the fight for the #1 seed. No one in our division is challenging us for the North crown. The Chiefs got to rest week 1 of the playoffs and we had a tough physical game with the Ravens. After a 17 game season that week 1 buy in playoffs is huge. Even with our 4-4 start we were within a game of the #1 seed. With the contracts coming up I really think next year is our best chance at it and it propels us to our first Super Bowl win.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:31 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Next year we will go into the preseason with a healthy Joe Burrow (no infected appendicitis keeping him out), an OL that has played together for a full year. Better depth on OL (from last 4-5 games). The goal from preseason game one should be the fight for the #1 seed. No one in our division is challenging us for the North crown. The Chiefs got to rest week 1 of the playoffs and we had a tough physical game with the Ravens. After a 17 game season that week 1 buy in playoffs is huge. Even with our 4-4 start we were within a game of the #1 seed. With the contracts coming up I really think next year is our best chance at it and it propels us to our first Super Bowl win.

Going to be tough, as KC plays in the Charmin soft AFCW.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:37 AM)Whatever Wrote: Going to be tough, as KC plays in the Charmin soft AFCW.

Hmmm....maybe.

KC vs Cin
LA vs PIT
LV vs BAL
DEN vs CLE

Ida know....you could squint and call that a wash, especially if the Ravens don't know what they are doing at QB.
Reply/Quote
Is there a way to upgrade the OL in FA or this year draft? Looking at the final 4 this year, the other 3 teams have top 5 OL while we have a bottom half starting OL. Many fans may see it as a huge upgrade compared to last year but it still limited our offense.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:31 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: No one in our division is challenging us for the North crown. 

I don't know how you could watch us play against the Ravens and come away with that conclusion.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:41 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmmm....maybe.

KC vs Cin
LA vs PIT
LV vs BAL
DEN vs CLE

Ida know....you could squint and call that a wash, especially if the Ravens don't know what they are doing at QB.

The Raiders and Broncos are dumpster fires, currently.  With their D, run game, and Tucker, all the Ravens need is a competent game manager to be competitive.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:47 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I don't know how you could watch us play against the Ravens and come away with that conclusion.  

Sure they'll play us tough and might even split with us but they do not have the talent to compete with our record overall. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:43 AM)mitano Wrote: Is there a way to upgrade the OL in FA or this year draft? 

No. It is forbidden.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:58 AM)Whatever Wrote: The Raiders and Broncos are dumpster fires, currently.  With their D, run game, and Tucker, all the Ravens need is a competent game manager to be competitive.

Maybe, we did get a lot of help this year by the Steelers sucking for the first half of the season, the rest of the NFL beating the Ravens for us, and the Browns not having their starting QB for 11 weeks and then that starting QB being total ass.

Prior to the game last night I was saying we clearly don't have an issue with winning playoff games on the road, but that'd have been easier to say had we conquered Arrowhead again.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:16 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe, we did get a lot of help this year by the Steelers sucking for the first half of the season, the rest of the NFL beating the Ravens for us, and the Browns not having their starting QB for 11 weeks and then that starting QB being total ass.

Prior to the game last night I was saying we clearly don't have an issue with winning playoff games on the road, but that'd have been easier to say had we conquered Arrowhead again.

3-1 on the road in the playoffs is still extremely good.  

Ironically, the push for neutral site conference championships may wind up benefitting us in the future.  
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:31 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Next year we will go into the preseason with a healthy Joe Burrow (no infected appendicitis keeping him out), an OL that has played together for a full year. Better depth on OL (from last 4-5 games). The goal from preseason game one should be the fight for the #1 seed. No one in our division is challenging us for the North crown. The Chiefs got to rest week 1 of the playoffs and we had a tough physical game with the Ravens. After a 17 game season that week 1 buy in playoffs is huge. Even with our 4-4 start we were within a game of the #1 seed. With the contracts coming up I really think next year is our best chance at it and it propels us to our first Super Bowl win.
The Bengals would have had the #1 seed THIS year had Zac challenged the TD that wasn't against Pitt on Chase's TD, and had the fluke injury to Hamlin not happened.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:43 AM)mitano Wrote: Is there a way to upgrade the OL in FA or this year draft? Looking at the final 4 this year, the other 3 teams have top 5 OL while we have a bottom half starting OL. Many fans may see it as a huge upgrade compared to last year but it still limited our offense.

If we had our starters playing last night, we would have done a lot better. When looking at the line, you have to remember that 3 starters were out, and our center was playing with an MCL sprain. Add to that the only other starter is in his rookie season and is just getting better. Carman is coming after Jonah Williams' job.
Reply/Quote