Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Seed
(12-05-2022, 03:31 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: After the Bengals win their next three, I bet they ARE favored in Buffalo.  Regardless of odds, the Bengals are red hot and their depth is helping win games.  

The Buffalo game is a home game. And a Monday Night game. It does give us a short week against the Ravens in the last game of the year, although maybe that will be bumped to a Sunday night based on its importance.

A poster pointed out the pattern for games after the break that made it easy to remember: 2 away, then 2 home, then 2 away, then 2 home.
Reply/Quote
As others have stated, we need help. Which will come I believe. Raiders are starting to look decent. And they're a division rival. Chiefs barely beat them AT HOME in their first matchup. 30 to 29.... I'm telling you. If the Seahawks don't pull an upset, Raiders might just do that for us. Chiefs also have to face Denver 2 times. We are all aware of the unpredictability of a division game (browns).

IF...... IF!!!! We win out, and I can't emphasize enough on the "IF".... I would bank on the 1 seed being ours. I wouldn't worry about what KC has in front of them. Just win and you'll get that 1 seed.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 04:16 PM)Nepa Wrote: The Buffalo game is a home game. And a Monday Night game. It does give us a short week against the Ravens in the last game of the year, although maybe that will be bumped to a Sunday night based on its importance.

A poster pointed out the pattern for games after the break that made it easy to remember: 2 away, then 2 home, then 2 away, then 2 home.
This team has it's AFC playoff opponents in a death grip. They win when it matters. I'm not worried about Baltimore at all. I'm more worried about the Clowns
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 11:20 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, I remember all the talk about how there were so many good teams in the AFC that will be vying for playoff spots. Looks like that was a lie.

Yup...at first I was upset that wilson got traded to denver because that was just one more elite QB in this conference to have to beat.  Turns out that worry was unwarranted
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 02:53 PM)Synric Wrote: 2020 was such a great QB class. It's funny how each QB fits their franchises perfectly too. 

Better than the 2021 top three picks so far.. 1. Trevor Lawrence  2. Zach Wilson  3. Trey lance
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 04:16 PM)Nepa Wrote: The Buffalo game is a home game. And a Monday Night game. It does give us a short week against the Ravens in the last game of the year, although maybe that will be bumped to a Sunday night based on its importance.

If somehow that last game is for the AFC North, Bengals by 30.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 07:33 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: If somehow that last game is for the AFC North, Bengals by 30.  

Yep the Ravens are stumbling to the finish line. Barely won their last two games even.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 07:47 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep the Ravens are stumbling to the finish line. Barely won their last two games even.

Actually didn't win last week against Jags....you know the Jags?  The team that got beat by Detroit 40-14.  But Trevor Lawrence was still the better prospect than Burrow coming out of college  Sick and is coming along nicely.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
They absolutely have to win out if they want a chance at the 1 seed. I think there’s a good chance that KC loses another, even with a super soft schedule.

If they lose one, I don’t have a ton of confidence in both the Bills AND Chiefs losing 2 of the last 5 games.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
What should scare teams of Bengals, is they are peaking at the right time, just like last year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Honestly, there isn't a team remaining on our schedule that scares me. God have mercy on the clowns next Sunday! Bills are unbeatable which has been proven lately. Ravens, get the hell out of here! This team is cooking right now!!
Reply/Quote
Our remaining schedule is not as difficult as the pundits are making it out to be. We may be favored in all remaining games.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 01:10 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Our remaining schedule is not as difficult as te pundits are making it out to be. We may be favored in all remaining games.

They gotta play us.... Bengals are the scary team!  

Think these analysts/casuals still see the word Bengals and think it's a below average team. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Realistic path win out and Chiefs lose to Raiders in final week of season. Then we open at home against Titans, Dolphins or Raiders. Wont face Bills or Chiefs until AFC Championship game.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 11:14 AM)Mer Wrote: Even if we win out KC still has to drop one more.

Most likely a nothing burger but Mahomes said today he has a badly bruised foot and if it gets better he should play Sunday... can the Broncos stop Chad Henne???

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 01:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Most likely a nothing burger but Mahomes said today he has a badly bruised foot and if it gets better he should play Sunday... can the Broncos stop Chad Henne???

For the Broncos, I don't think it's a matter of stopping anyone, it's a matter of being able to score at all. Their offense is embarrassingly bad.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 01:47 PM)Earendil Wrote: For the Broncos, I don't think it's a matter of stopping anyone, it's a matter of being able to score at all. Their offense is embarrassingly bad.

I couldn't enjoy the win over KC because of how bad the Broncos simply gave away the win to the Ravens.... Im still pissed.  Would have been a nice to have that 1 game lead.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 01:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I couldn't enjoy the win over KC because of how bad the Broncos simply gave away the win to the Ravens.... Im still pissed.  Would have been a nice to have that 1 game lead.

Yep

I've watched a good bit of a couple Broncos games this season and they are just right down.....AWFUL It's way beyond normal awful, it's hopeless awful. I mean I'd bet some of our very bad 90's teams would beat them.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 01:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

I've watched a good bit of a couple Broncos games this season and they are just right down.....AWFUL It's way beyond normal awful, it's hopeless awful. I mean I'd bet some of our very bad 90's teams would beat them.

Russell isnt good, but their coach is. total idiot.  I posted this during the game:

On their last drive with the lead they had an incomplete pass on 2nd down stoping the clock, on 3rd down they attempted a 50 yard bomb that wasnt close, stopping the clock again with a 6 point lead, could have ran over a minute off the clock. On defense they stopped Baltimore on 2nd and long, illegal man downfield penalty - only 5 yards - instead of declining the penalty with the Ravens backed up already, they accepted it and gave Ravens 2nd down again - Ravens then get 1st down after 2 plays for 5 yards!  Total idiot - no idea how he is still with the team.  

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 12:44 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Honestly, there isn't a team remaining on our schedule that scares me. God have mercy on the clowns next Sunday! Bills are beatable which has been proven lately. Ravens, get the hell out of here!  This team is cooking right now!!

When Zac said we get Cleveland Sunday in the KC game ball speech you could tell the team was fired up big time for this one.

Bring'em on! 

Plus fixed it for you with the Bills, they are beatable.
Reply/Quote