Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 day, 2 shootings in spotlight:
(04-03-2017, 10:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So nobody actually said race could have something to do with it.  She's just getting out in front of the story by bringing it up first.

Why not try actually reading the story instead of making wild guesses that make you look silly.

The officer actually claims that race had a lot to do with it, but only when trying to paint herself as the victim

"Shelby believes she was swiftly charged because authorities feared civil unrest if they delayed taking action. Residents in other cities took to the streets in protest last year in response to a series of deaths of black residents during encounters with police."
(04-04-2017, 07:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: From the beginning of the story race was part of it.  Read the first post with the story in it.  Posting a story from 7 months later that the officer says "race had nothing to do with it" is inane.  She's said that all along because others tried to make it about race.  She's not bringing it up first.

He  "looked" like a bad dude.  She was "afraid".

She gets charged and then the courts do their thing.

60 Minutes seemed to have thought it was relevant.  Bfine didn't say...here's proof she didn't do anything wrong.  He just posted something that recently happened in the story.  An interview with the accused.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-04-2017, 09:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why not try actually reading the story instead of making wild guesses that make you look silly.

The officer actually claims that race had a lot to do with it, but only when trying to paint herself as the victim

"Shelby believes she was swiftly charged because authorities feared civil unrest if they delayed taking action. Residents in other cities took to the streets in protest last year in response to a series of deaths of black residents during encounters with police."

If you were her defense attorney you'd be making the exact same argument.
(04-04-2017, 09:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: 60 Minutes seemed to have thought it was relevant.  Bfine didn't say...here's proof she didn't do anything wrong.  He just posted something that recently happened in the story.  An interview with the accused.

Of course he didn't say that.  But "news" that she says she didn't shoot him just because he's black isn't "news".   Especially given the recent discussions about race in headlines.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-04-2017, 09:42 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If you were her defense attorney you'd be making the exact same argument.

"It was not until later, while I was filling out my report and had to list his race, that I went back to see what race he was.  i had not noticed while I was shooting him.  I was saddened when I discovered he was an African American because I knew the liberal media would try to make this about race.  But I understand about oppression and feeling helpless.  I am one-eighth Cherokee.  My people have also suffered."