Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1 step closer... Keep calm..
I think today was the beginning of the end of Zack. I know we all know hiring Zack has went down as the worst hire in NFL history, but this bodies well for us. There is no way he makes it to next year after today. Team is out of control and gave up on him totally today but have been giving up on him for weeks now.. Stay positive my Bengal brothers. We will be rejoicing when they hire Joe Brady in the offseason. It makes to much sense. Kind if crazy this dude is gonna go down as the worst coach in NFL history and you got 2-3 people here and there who want him to stay. Makes you wander if some of these posters / fans have been Bungalized too.. I just dont see them not canning Zack at this point. They will lose whatever fans they haven't driven away yet. Even Mike Brown knows this. If it hurts his wallet changes will be made..
Reply/Quote
More than 2-3. There was 14 votes to keep Taylor, and 13 undecided in the poll we had. Wonder if anyone wants to change their mind after that fiasco in Miami...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: More than 2-3. There was 14 votes to keep Taylor, and 13 undecided in the poll we had. Wonder if anyone wants to change their mind after that fiasco in Miami...

I doubt it bro.. These types are like a hybrid troll. They just like to argue... There isn't 1 goddamn reason they should keep him. It's quite the opposite. He is causing long term damage to the organization at this point. This dude is seriously the worst coach to ever do it... There is no way he makes it another year... That's why I kept saying to stay calm.. 1 thing I did have faith in Zack to do was keep failing at a historic pace, and you could count on it just getting worst.  It's over for him..
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:25 AM)Tony Wrote: I think today was the beginning of the end of Zack. I know we all know hiring Zack has went down as the worst hire in NFL history, but this bodies well for us. There is no way he makes it to next year after today.  Team is out of control and gave up on him totally today but have been giving up on him for weeks now.. Stay positive my Bengal brothers. We will be rejoicing when they hire Joe Brady in the offseason. It makes to much sense. Kind if crazy this dude is gonna go down as the worst coach in NFL history and you got 2-3 people here and there who want him to stay. Makes you wander if some of these posters / fans have been Bungalized too.. I just dont see them not canning Zack at this point. They will lose whatever fans they haven't driven away yet. Even Mike Brown knows this. If it hurts his wallet changes will be made..

We need to bring in someone tomorrow. Something needs to be done if we want any chance at re-signing Lawson and Jackson. We need to do something to make the players look forward to coming back to work next year. While he's under contract with Carolina, I don't think we can talk to Brady, but I like the idea. 

I'd also bring in a new DC. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:52 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: We need to bring in someone tomorrow. Something needs to be done if we want any chance at re-signing Lawson and Jackson. We need to do something to make the players look forward to coming back to work next year. While he's under contract with Carolina, I don't think we can talk to Brady, but I like the idea. 

Ya, you have to get Zack out of here right now before he does anymore damage. I gurantee if they don't do it now, there will be a ton more long term damage done. The whole franchise as a whole has been shit on a ton this year.. It's embarrassing,  it has to change. His press conferences are a joke too.. He liked the effort today... lol
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:52 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: We need to bring in someone tomorrow. Something needs to be done if we want any chance at re-signing Lawson and Jackson. We need to do something to make the players look forward to coming back to work next year. While he's under contract with Carolina, I don't think we can talk to Brady, but I like the idea. 

We probably can't talk to anyone during the season. I think if it is a step up, we can interview someone under contract which it would be for Brady. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 08:47 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: We probably can't talk to anyone during the season. I think if it is a step up, we can interview someone under contract which it would be for Brady. 

How thus this work with "anyone". Does this even include an agent to a coach ?
Reply/Quote
I came here for the news of Zac being fired. I am deeply disappointed.

Sack the Zac.

PS. Who is the coach laid out on the floor in my sig photo?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 09:09 AM)Snapcount Wrote: How thus this work with "anyone".  Does this even include an agent to a coach ?

Good question. I'm just speculating. 
Reply/Quote
Matt Eberflus, or Matt Campbell if they want to pull from college.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I think Zac finishes the season. During the offseason he'll let go one of his assistant coaches to save his own job. He'll be able to fall back on, "We were headed in the right direction, but then Burrow got hurt." Zac will be back for the '21 - '22 season. I hope I'm wrong.
Reply/Quote
Taylor will get his contract extension this offseason because, Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 03:22 AM)Tony Wrote: Ya, you have to get Zack out of here right now before he does anymore damage. I gurantee if they don't do it now, there will be a ton more long term damage done. The whole franchise as a whole has been shit on a ton this year.. It's embarrassing,  it has to change. His press conferences are a joke too.. He liked the effort today... lol

If you pull Zac right now, who do you replace him with?  I think the common pick would be Simmons.  But he's been the ST guy for so long and seems to be happy there.  If you put him in as interim HC, does he slip back to ST this offseason?  

Personally, given how far into the season we are now, I'd let Zac ride it out while exploring offline the changes to be made the day after the season ends.  The interim coach move is a knee-jerk reaction that I don't think really has any true positive outcome for most teams other than making a statement.  If you're trying to "protect" the players in any way, swapping to an unprepared coach mid-season isn't the path. 
Reply/Quote
I must have missed the announcement first thing this morning about them releasing this clown...

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 12:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I must have missed the announcement first thing this morning about them releasing this clown...

You know Son of Paul doesn't operate that way....lol.

Yeah, I've seen all I need.... I'm out of undecided.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 12:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: You know Son of Paul doesn't operate that way....lol.

Yeah, I've seen all I need.... I'm out of undecided.

Welcome aboard Joe

Zac simply has to go and to me the sooner the better.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: More than 2-3. There was 14 votes to keep Taylor, and 13 undecided in the poll we had. Wonder if anyone wants to change their mind after that fiasco in Miami...

I will. I wasn't so much wanting a 3rd year from Zac so much as ok with it as long as it meant a new DC and some other changes. Now, I'm just done. I want a whole new coaching staff. And I want a PROVEN head coach or at least someone who's been a consistently good coordinator. No Joe Brady. No to Eric Bienemy. Give me Harbaugh or Zimmer (if he's available) or Wade Phillips or even Doug Pederson. But I'm done with Zac.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 01:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Welcome aboard Joe

Zac simply has to go and to me the sooner the better.

I like that the team keeps playing for him, contrary to what others say, and I do feel his DC and oline coach are killing him. That said, they're his subordinates, so their performance ultimately comes back on him. His offense could be great, but you gotta be able to block to run it. We can't....so....no adjustments, no firings, so you gotta go. 

Having said all of that, this team is devoid of talent in the trenches on both sides. You won't win much in this league if that's the case. I put that issue on Son of Paul. The line was awful in Marvin's last few years too.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 01:22 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I like that the team keeps playing for him, contrary to what others say, and I do feel his DC and oline coach are killing him. That said, they're his subordinates, so their performance ultimately comes back on him. His offense could be great, but you gotta be able to block to run it. We can't....so....no adjustments, no firings, so you gotta go. 

Having said all of that, this team is devoid of talent in the trenches on both sides. You won't win much in this league if that's the case. I put that issue on Son of Paul. The line was awful in Marvin's last few years too.

Not trying to be a dick here, but I constantly see this type of comment, and I’m not exactly sure what it’s even supposed to mean? That they physically take the field and play the games? Because I (and plenty of others) have seen the exact opposite. They don’t seem to be “playing for him” at this point. I see absolutely inexcusable efforts on a weekly basis. Plays like Price standing around when Burrow was escaping half a dozen sacks in the Titans game, or Hart playing patty cake with a rusher who then destroyed our QB yesterday, etc. That’s not a talent issue, it’s effort.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 01:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not trying to be a dick here, but I constantly see this type of comment, and I’m not exactly sure what it’s even supposed to mean? That they physically take the field and play the games? Because I (and plenty of others) have seen the exact opposite. They don’t seem to be “playing for him” at this point. I see absolutely inexcusable efforts on a weekly basis. Plays like Price standing around when Burrow was escaping half a dozen sacks in the Titans game, or Hart playing patty cake with a rusher who then destroyed our QB yesterday, etc. That’s not a talent issue, it’s effort.

Well, you're highlighting turds like Billy Price. 

Bates, Boyd, the young LBs, even the guys on defensive line that suck are still playing hard. Bernard, Higgins, Perine, I mean, I can point to several. Cedric Ogbuehi stood around a bunch too....does that mean the rest of the team quit on Marvin? Look, most everyone is ready to move on, it doesn't mean we all lose objectivity in the process. 

Even with good coaching this is not a winning team. The lines are atrocious, and it's mostly due to a lack of talent. I know everyone loves their fancy skill position guys, but you have to be able to block and get push from your dline to win in this league. We can do neither.

Reply/Quote