Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1 step closer... Keep calm..
(12-07-2020, 01:36 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Well, you're highlighting turds like Billy Price. 

Bates, Boyd, the young LBs, even the guys on defensive line that suck are still playing hard. Bernard, Higgins, Perine, I mean, I can point to several. Cedric Ogbuehi stood around a bunch too....does that mean the rest of the team quit on Marvin? Look, most everyone is ready to move on, it doesn't mean we all lose objectivity in the process. 

Even with good coaching this is not a winning team. The lines are atrocious, and it's mostly due to a lack of talent. I know everyone loves their fancy skill position guys, but you have to be able to block and get push from your dline to win in this league. We can do neither.

But the play i highlighted had nothing to do with talent level. If Price at least tried to make some blocks and got beat I wouldn’t be bringing it up. There’s both a talent and effort problem with this team.

Also, it’s a little condescending to imply you’re the only one smart enough to realize it’s “all about the trenches.” Everyone that even casually follows the game knows how important they are. But so are the skill positions. Last time I checked the Chiefs main strengths were QB, WR, TE, and RB. And coaching.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 01:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But the play i highlighted had nothing to do with talent level. If Price at least tried to make some blocks and got beat I wouldn’t be bringing it up. There’s both a talent and effort problem with this team.

Also, it’s a little condescending to imply you’re the only one smart enough to realize it’s “all about the trenches.”  Everyone that even casually follows the game knows how important they are. But so are the skill positions. Last time I checked the Chiefs main strengths were QB, WR, TE, and RB.

Damn you're on edge anymore.... I'm just pointing out that our lines are bad. I put it in another post, seen Bengalfan74 say it another thread, you even said it on ochos thread. Condescending? More like rehashing a common theme here for 5 years.

As I noted, there is good effort from a lot of guys on this team....Price is a bust, just like Og. Og stood around and watched Russell Wilson get chased. I guess the Hawks are quitting on Carroll, because a turd of a player stood around and gave piss poor effort? 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 01:53 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Damn you're on edge anymore.... I'm just pointing out that our lines are bad. I put it in another post, seen Bengalfan74 say it another thread, you even said it on ochos thread. Condescending? More like rehashing a common theme here for 5 years.

As I noted, there is good effort from a lot of guys on this team....Price is a bust, just like Og. Oh stood around and watched Russell Wilson get chased. I guess the Hawks are quitting on Carroll, because a turd of a player stood around and gave piss poor effort? 

I guess I’m just looking for why you believe the team as a whole is playing hard for him? If I’m not allowed to highlight a few players that aren’t, I don’t think throwing out a few guys like Boyd, Bates, Gio who were also good under “Mediocre Merv” is much evidence the other way. The vast majority of the team has underperformed under Zac Taylor. Including guys like AJ, Geno, and Dunlap who were all Pro Bowl players under Marvin. Dunlap alone should remove all doubt as to how badly this coaching staff has handled their players.

Reply/Quote
People are too literal when saying a team quit on a coach. Doesn't mean they stand there and do nothing, but they're by far and away not giving their best effort. On a good team you shouldn't be able to single out anyone not giving effort. But just at a glance yesterday
-Oline literally just gets guys running right by them. They don't even have to make moves, just simply run by the linemen.
-Receivers not even moving around down field trying to get open when the QB is running for his life. Literally just standing there.
-Dline never gets off a block. Once engaged, they're done.

That doesn't mean every single player isn't giving effort. But man there are a lot of plays with a lot of guys just standing.

I think Nicomo called it more correctly. Theres a lack of talent and effort on this team.
Reply/Quote
I guess Brady would be good but I think they need an experienced NFL head coach who knows what he is doing and with the credibility and power to hire a new staff.

I don't think they can mess around any longer with Taylor or some other young alleged genius.

Caldwell is my newest favorite. He is a dam good coach and got royalty screwed over by the Lions.

Also not opposed to Fred's suggestion on Harbaugh. But he needs to be given carte blanche on new staff and a true personnel expert.

Team is going no where unless the Brown family finally wakes up and understands they  ( and an incestuous hire like Tobin) are over their heads.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess I’m just looking for why you believe the team as a whole is playing hard for him? If I’m not allowed to highlight a few players that aren’t, I don’t think throwing out a few guys like Boyd, Bates, Gio who were also good under “Mediocre Merv” is much evidence the other way. The vast majority of the team has underperformed under Zac Taylor. Including guys like AJ, Geno, and Dunlap who were all Pro Bowl players under Marvin. Dunlap alone should remove all doubt as to how badly this coaching staff has handled their players.

Because that's what I see. It's not just Bates and a few....I see effort from most of this team...with Geno, I can't tell. Is it injury or effort? I see effort even when execution is just bad. Bell is playing hard, Alexander, Hunt, really....I just see poor execution, bad technique here and there, and a lack of talent in the lines. That lack of talent makes it difficult on skill guys, no matter how good they are. This FO ****** Merv, and they did their rookie HC no favors when they didn't rectify the busts of Fisher, Og, and Price which was coupled with letting Whit and Zeitler walk. When I point to this, I just don't think folks are realizing how far those moves have set us back. Any normal FO acknowledges those mistakes, cuts bait, and tries to fix them. Not here.

So, yeah, Taylor is not equipped to coach here....and he should've cut bait on some assistants (is that him or the FO?). That said, the FO has done neither him, nor Marvin any favors with the way they bungaled the lines.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:16 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Because that's what I see. It's not just Bates and a few....I see effort from most of this team...with Geno, I can't tell. Is it injury or effort? I see effort even when execution is just bad. Bell is playing hard, Alexander, Hunt, really....I just see poor execution, bad technique here and there, and a lack of talent in the lines. That lack of talent makes it difficult on skill guys, no matter how good they are. This FO ****** Merv, and they did their rookie HC no favors when they didn't rectify the busts of Fisher, Og, and Price which was coupled with letting Whit and Zeitler walk. When I point to this, I just don't think folks are realizing how far those moves have set us back. Any normal FO acknowledges those mistakes, cuts bait, and tries to fix them. Not here.

So, yeah, Taylor is not equipped to coach here....and he should've cut bait on some assistants (is that him or the FO?). That said, the FO has done neither him, nor Marvin any favors with the way they bungaled the lines.

We can at least agree on that much. As to whether it’s Taylor or the FO? I put it 100% on Taylor. They’re his guys. He was given more freedom to build his staff than Marvin ever was. Not to mention the huge free agency.

The FO has plenty of issues, but right now the single biggest problem with this team is Zac Taylor. We were at least competitive under Marvin. Taylor has been in the running 2 years in a row for the #1OA pick.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We can at least agree on that.

Yeah... it's time to cut bait.

I'll say something I rarely say though....we did get jobbed out of 10 points in the first half. The officiating was BS yesterday. The PFs shoulda been offsetting, and Bullock has a much easier FG. That return for a TD was a fumble...which points to an effort play that I'm talking about. Even the oft criticized Atkins was out there pointing to pick up the ball and run. That was a legit play that should've stood. 

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:32 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yeah... it's time to cut bait.

I'll say something I rarely say though....we did get jobbed out of 10 points in the first half. The officiating was BS yesterday. The PFs shoulda been offsetting, and Bullock has a much easier FG. That return for a TD was a fumble...which points to an effort play that I'm talking about. Even the oft criticized Atkins was out there pointing to pick up the ball and run. That was a legit play that should've stood. 

The officiating was a mess for sure. If I was actually rooting for them to win I would have been pissed.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We can at least agree on that much. As to whether it’s Taylor or the FO? I put it 100% on Taylor. They’re his guys. He was given more freedom to build his staff than Marvin ever was. Not to mention the huge free agency.

The FO has plenty of issues, but right now the single biggest problem with this team is Zac Taylor. We were at least competitive under Marvin. Taylor has been in the running 2 years in a row for the #1OA pick.

We were competitive until 2017. The wheels started to come off then. In 2016 when we beat the Jets, but Dalton was sacked 7 times...I had a feeling that things were gonna start going south unless the FO got serious about the offensive line. They never did, and here we are. This team has progressively gotten worse since then. 

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The officiating was a mess for sure. If I was actually rooting for them to win I would have been pissed.

LoL... it's the first time all year I've actually gotten excited enough to talk to the TV. 

Reply/Quote
If Zac doesn't win another game this year, it means his 2 years here will have produced 2 of the 3 worst seasons in Bengals history. That pretty says all you need to know about him and his level of ineptitude. 
Reply/Quote