Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1-year contracts?
If the 2020 season is not played how do all the players playing on one year contracts work? Are they free agents again in 2021 or will they be back to the same team automatically with same contract? Also wondering if we lose a year on Joe Burrows rookie contract. I'm starting to think thats the reason no rookie contracts have been signed at this point.
Reply/Quote
There's going to be a 2020 season....
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 07:12 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: If the 2020 season is not played how do all the players playing on one year contracts work? Are they free agents again in 2021 or will they be back to the same team automatically with same contract?  Also wondering if we lose a year on Joe Burrows rookie contract.  I'm starting to think thats the reason no rookie contracts have been signed at this point.

I think at this point with other sports opening up, the discussion has move to NOT PLAYING, but how to format procedures and best practices for practice, preseason, game day
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 08:23 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think at this point with other sports opening up, the discussion has move to NOT PLAYING, but how to format procedures and best practices for practice, preseason, game day

It will definitely take some careful planning.  I was listening to someone on Sports Radio talking about how many more people it takes to put on a televised football game, even without fans in the stadium, than it does for basketball or baseball.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Interesting question, and I have no idea ? I'm sure they have all kinds of clauses and rules in their contract covering about every known issue. But this is a unique happening to say the least. I'd say they're gonna have to wait and see how it plays out and go from there.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 08:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It will definitely take some careful planning.  I was listening to someone on Sports Radio talking about how many more people it takes to put on a televised football game, even without fans in the stadium, than it does for basketball or baseball.

Or this thing is way over blown. Fast food restaurants have been operating with 10 to 15 people on per shift with limited cases of the virus. Why?

Safety first by adding shields, temp, checks, answer series of questions and validate no exposure to virus each shift, gloves, masks, wash hands and change gloves hourly. Distance as much as possible.

I say have these sports teams go into the businesses essential and stayed open, they will show them how to open with fans.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
That will require a massive negotiation between the NFL and NFLPA

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 08:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: There's going to be a 2020 season....

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 08:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: There's going to be a 2020 season....

maybe so. Maybe not. maybe shortened. i hope there if football and lots of it but well see.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 07:45 PM)Bruce Wrote: maybe so. Maybe not. maybe shortened. i hope there if football and lots of it but well see.

Good avatar Bruce. Good ole Phil. Cool
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 08:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good avatar Bruce. Good ole Phil. Cool

my woman says we could be Twins and we always liked him, he's one of the good ones
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 08:36 PM)Bruce Wrote: my woman says we could be Twins and we always liked him, he's one of the good ones

Happy Happy
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote