Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$10,000 lottery to vote in philly
(10-28-2015, 10:29 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Excited?  Which one of these presidential hopefuls am I supposed to be excited about?  LOL

Don't vote then.  No one is forcing you to vote.  
(10-28-2015, 10:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Don't vote then.  No one is forcing you to vote.  

Certainly not helping the process either.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-28-2015, 11:24 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Certainly not helping the process either.  

No but having someone vote who doesn't take the time or interest to be engaged is even worse.
(10-28-2015, 10:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Funny how that works out when it matters to you.

The point in my ommentary is that it isn't easy for everyone. If I had other humans dependent on me for their welfare it may be much different because those are things that you can't necessarily delay or sacrifice as easily as your own dinner or reading time.
(10-29-2015, 05:16 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No but having someone vote who doesn't take the time or interest to be engaged is even worse.

Finding all of the candidates lacking is not being disengaged.
(10-28-2015, 10:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: My voting station is down the street from my office.    Whether it took me 15 mins, an hour.... I am still voting .  Because it's important to me

I know tea party nut jobs think they have the patent on patriotism, but 99% of them haven't done a damn thing for this country. Since it is so important to you, what have you done for this country other than nothing?
(10-29-2015, 05:16 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No but having someone vote who doesn't take the time or interest to be engaged is even worse.

When my choices are shitty and shittier why am I supposed to be excited?  How do you think I know my choices are shitty and shittier?
(10-29-2015, 07:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The point in my ommentary is that it isn't easy for everyone. If I had other humans dependent on me for their welfare it may be much different because those are things that you can't necessarily delay or sacrifice as easily as your own dinner or reading time.

Ofc it's not easy for anyone. We al have things we would rather be doing. But we make the time of it matters to us. When the day comes that you stop making voting as a priority then that's when it isn't important to you. It's not like it takes you all day to vote. It would be different if you had to sit through an 8 hour presentation before you could vote.
(10-29-2015, 08:00 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I know tea party nut jobs think they have the patent on patriotism, but 99% of them haven't done a damn thing for this country. Since it is so important to you, what have you done for this country other than nothing?

Ah the ex military guy telling me about patriotism lol.

Save your grand standing.
(10-29-2015, 08:08 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: When my choices are shitty and shittier why am I supposed to be excited?  How do you think I know my choices are shitty and shittier?

Then don't vote.

Maybe we need less participation from Those who have given up.
(10-29-2015, 08:00 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I know tea party nut jobs think they have the patent on patriotism, but 99% of them haven't done a damn thing for this country. Since it is so important to you, what have you done for this country other than nothing?

Well they vote!

And they don't need no stinking early voting or showing up without an ID either!  They love 'Murica and will do whatever she wants!

Also...bringing back pointy hats.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-28-2015, 10:30 AM)Benton Wrote: We don't need more voters. We need more viable candidates.

its a crapstorm this election..... if it comes down to Trump vs Clinton... Then america will truely know its time for a new system.
(10-29-2015, 08:08 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: When my choices are shitty and shittier why am I supposed to be excited?  How do you think I know my choices are shitty and shittier?

[Image: giant-douche-and-turd-sandwich.jpg]

Even when your choices are between a turd sandwich and a giant douche... Voting is important.
(10-29-2015, 11:28 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ofc it's not easy for anyone.  We al have things we would rather be doing. But we make the time of it matters to us.   When the day comes that you stop making voting as a priority then that's when it isn't important to you.   It's not like it takes you all day to vote.   It would be different if you had to sit through an 8 hour presentation before you could vote.

But you just said it IS EASY for YOU.  It takes you 15 minutes remember?  Your polling station is right down the street from your 'office'.  

Obviously county commissioners have made it this easy for EVERYONE to vote.  Higher density population areas just have more polling options relative to their population, and are staffed just as well regardless of the economic situation and number of blue-hair retirees available.

Keep thinking its always a choice, much more convenient to your narrative.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-29-2015, 11:31 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ah the ex military guy telling me about patriotism  lol.

Save your grand standing.

I am saving my grand standing . . . for people like you who can't name one unselfish thing they have ever done for this country and then presume to lecture others on their duties.

(10-29-2015, 11:33 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Then don't vote.   

Maybe we need less participation from Those who have given up.

Make up your mind, Sybil.  Am I supposed to get engaged or am I supposed to not vote?

What makes you believe I have given up?  I'm still here combating your ignorance even though it is an exercise in futility.
(10-29-2015, 11:28 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ofc it's not easy for anyone.  We al have things we would rather be doing. But we make the time of it matters to us.   When the day comes that you stop making voting as a priority then that's when it isn't important to you.   It's not like it takes you all day to vote.   It would be different if you had to sit through an 8 hour presentation before you could vote.

But it's so easy it only takes 15 minutes.  Remember?

We're only on page two and you already contradicted yourself.  You usually don't contradict yourself until page 3.
(10-29-2015, 12:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: [Image: giant-douche-and-turd-sandwich.jpg]

Even when your choices are between a turd sandwich and a giant douche...  Voting is important.

I never wrote it wasn't important.  I was told I should be excited.  When I asked why I should be excited to choose between a turd sandwich and a giant douche my question was met with, "Don't vote then."  Lucie frequently makes statements which completely ignore the reality of the situation.  When asked a follow up question which would lead him to self discovery had he placed any thought into his answer he almost always chooses the answer which requires the least amount of thought, "Don't vote then."
(10-29-2015, 12:35 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: But you just said it IS EASY for YOU.  It takes you 15 minutes remember?  Your polling station is right down the street from your 'office'.  

Obviously county commissioners have made it this easy for EVERYONE to vote.  Higher density population areas just have more polling options relative to their population, and are staffed just as well regardless of the economic situation and number of blue-hair retirees available.

Keep thinking its always a choice, much more convenient to your narrative.

Matt seems to get to his polling station without issue. It's because he prioritized voting. Like any of us do.

Voting has been easy my whole life. Even when I had vote absentee.... Why? .... Because it was a priority to follow through and vote.
(10-29-2015, 01:19 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I never wrote it wasn't important.  I was told I should be excited.  When I asked why I should be excited to choose between a turd sandwich and a giant douche my question was met with, "Don't vote then."  Lucie frequently makes statements which completely ignore the reality of the situation.  When asked a follow up question which would lead him to self discovery had he placed any thought into his answer he almost always chooses the answer which requires the least amount of thought, "Don't vote then."

Would you rather me "convince" you? I don't care whether you vote or not . You want to grandstand about being a patriot, by somehow saying others are not as patriotic as you.

You are so patriotic that you can't stand voting.
(10-29-2015, 01:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: But it's so easy it only takes 15 minutes.  Remember?

We're only on page two and you already contradicted yourself.  You usually don't contradict yourself until page 3.

It is very easy if you take it serious. Unfortunately too many do not...

More people voting is not what we need. We need informed voters.