Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 1st round draft picks won't help
With the current coaching staff we have, I don't care if we had 10 or 15 first round picks, we still couldn't win a game. I think with almost any other staff in the NFL we would have at least 3 or 4 wins. (I said almost) I swear, it seems this coaching staff thinks they are calling plays like they are playing Madden on a PlayStation. It's just unbelievable how inept this whole staff is. I usually punish myself for being a fan by watching the whole game, but not today. Ugh. Sick
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The coaches look completely lost. I think Zac Taylor uses a dart board to call plays.
Reply/Quote
If he is using a dart board, he is completely missing it when he throws the darts
Reply/Quote
Well a few one win teams won today and Miami is up 10 on the Brissett less Colts. So at least something is going our way this week. I hate the thought of having the first overall pick only to trade back but it may be our best option with as many holes this team has. How a team that “ builds through the draft” does nothing to acquire more picks is mind blowing.
Reply/Quote
We may have to pick a coach with our first round pick
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 07:42 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Well a few one win teams won today and Miami is up 10 on the Brissett less Colts. So at least something is going our way this week. I hate the thought of having the first overall pick only to trade back but it may be our best option with as many holes this team has. How a team that “ builds through the draft” does nothing to acquire more picks is mind blowing.

Honestly, a guy like Burrow or Tua would come from a team that is loaded. Great coaching. Great supporting cast.

They come here with Taylor and this staff and they'll likely fail. It's pretty bleak until they fire these guys.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 07:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, a guy like Burrow or Tua would come from a team that is loaded. Great coaching. Great supporting cast.

They come here with Taylor and this staff and they'll likely fail. It's pretty bleak until they fire these guys.

Hmm, maybe not so fast with that blanket statement.  LSU does not have their typical rush heavy offense, with bulldozing OL to pave the way.  Not only is Burrow tops in passing downfield, but he's also the highest rated at throwing while under pressure.

Both of those qualities would bode well for the next franchise QB of the Bengals.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 07:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, a guy like Burrow or Tua would come from a team that is loaded. Great coaching. Great supporting cast.

And they also win a lot at those schools...so when they come here, and lose, lose, lose, they don't seem to know how to handle it.  It won't be long before Mixon goes all Carl Pickens / Corey Dillon.  It's coming for sure
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 07:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, maybe not so fast with that blanket statement.  LSU does not have their typical rush heavy offense, with bulldozing OL to pave the way.  Not only is Burrow tops in passing downfield, but he's also the highest rated at throwing while under pressure.

Both of those qualities would bode well for the next franchise QB of the Bengals.

LSU has excellent WR's and RB's. They have Joe Brady as an assistant who came from the Saints. They can run the ball. They have good schemes and coaches.

The Bengals have arguably the worst coaching staff in the NFL. Guys like William Jackson and Bates have regressed as have most of the team.

I think Brady and Tua both have a lot of potential...it's just IF they went to a good organization like the Packers or Patriots...I'd have more confidence than them succeeding here.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 07:22 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: With the current coaching staff we have, I don't care if we had 10 or 15 first round picks, we still couldn't win a game.  I think with almost any other staff in the NFL we would have at least 3 or 4 wins. (I said almost)   I swear, it seems this coaching staff thinks they are calling plays like they are playing Madden on a PlayStation.  It's just unbelievable how inept this whole staff is.  I usually punish myself for being a fan by watching the whole game, but not today.  Ugh.  Sick

put Dalton back in,oh wait no please,Now on to real talk,To me,ZT is not a Head Coach,he is totally lost and calls a horrible game,he will never be a winner in our AFC North.Guy is just goofy and this head coach stuff in way above his head and his brain.At this very time,please FIRE the defensive coor.He  is getting zero work from this horrible D. Jessie Bates is just awlful and Preston Brown needs to retire,the dude is so so slow.We need about 26 new players to even compete,this team will not win a game this season and they have packed it in.And Joe Mixon will ask to be traded and I would not blame him,If ZT goes O and 16, he needs to be FIRED.I had very high hopes for this season and for this HC and this super staff,yet they are just horrible.This massive coaching staff is getting zero attention from these players.Most of this front 4 of this d needs to go.Number 96,carlos dunlap is horrible and I am wanting a whole new team and coaching staff.ZT has really really let me down.You cannot continue to be Mr. nice guy and say all the crap he spews out and win anything,I think the guy is another bad bad coach.He just does not have a clue,this team never improves from week to week.So insane and maddening really.I mean you guys all know,ITS A NEW DEY,WE ARE GOING TO BE THE FASTEST TEAM ON SUNDAYS,WE ARE GOING TO BE THE FRESHEST TEAM ON SUNDAYS AND WE ARE GOING TO GO OUT THERE AND TAKE WHATS ARES,I MEAN REALLY ZAC.YOU ARE DRINKING THE WRONG COFFEE EVERY DAY.START YOUR DAY WITH BLACK RIFLE COFFEE,ALL THE MARINES I KNOW DRINK THIS AN WE ENDORSE THIS STUFF.IT WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO WIN.COME ON,LETS GO.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 07:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, maybe not so fast with that blanket statement.  LSU does not have their typical rush heavy offense, with bulldozing OL to pave the way.  Not only is Burrow tops in passing downfield, but he's also the highest rated at throwing while under pressure.

LSU tackles looked average at best.  Charles looked like Bobby Hart.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 07:42 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Well a few one win teams won today and Miami is up 10 on the Brissett less Colts. So at least something is going our way this week. I hate the thought of having the first overall pick only to trade back but it may be our best option with as many holes this team has. How a team that “ builds through the draft” does nothing to acquire more picks is mind blowing.

1,000% yes

A competent owner/GM would have admitted it was time to hit rebuild mode and made a couple moves before trade deadline. It is just totally mind blowing how inept this front office is.
Reply/Quote
I just have no hope left. Until this ownership is gone, this franchise is DEAD

30 years of failure with a few seasons of hope.

2005, 2015, the rest has been utter trash.
Reply/Quote