Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
10/23 Ruler of the Jungle
(10-20-2022, 10:27 AM)PhilHos Wrote: When I read OP's post, I got the opposite feeling. I feel like this is going to inspire the Bengals. I already predicted a win, but with this inspirational story in front of them, I'm thinking we might get a complete game from BOTH the offense and defense leading to a blow out.

That right there is the crux of my comment. Regardless of who the situation is about, when these types of things come up...the Bengals tend to fall flat on their faces. 

You would expect it to give them a lift, but the opposite usually happens. Different regime, different players, maybe that changes things but i'll believe it when i see it. 

Everyone will enjoying seeing the pregame, just don't be surprised if that's when your enjoyment ends. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The only current team members who were on the team at the same time as Devin are Kevin Huber and the IR'd Clark Harris. If it inspires Kevin to kick 60 yard punts, I'm for it.

But, if they ever talk about the Rulers (since most have a Bengals or Cincinnati connection) it might remind players, who are just hearing Devin's story for the first time, that Mike is a good man and does things for players not seen in the contract.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That's awesome. I'm sure being back in stadium and hearing that crowd will be inspiring to the Still family, but I think it's inspiring for the team and fans as well. So heartwarming to have this moment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 06:22 PM)pally Wrote: Bring out your old Devon Still jerseys.  Devon and his daughter Leah will be the Rulers of the Jungle on Sunday in honor of NFL's Cancer Awareness Month.  Leah was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer in 2014 at age 4.  Now 12, she has been cancer free for 7 years.

What a wonderful story this is. Purchased the jersey during the fundraiser. PBS will be rocking and the Bengals will play their best game of the year both sides of scrimmage. May God continue to to bless Leah and may she enjoy many happy, healthy years.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote