Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 AFC Teams lost during Week 1 & 1 of the 7 AFC Playoff spots held by a Winless Team
10 AFC Teams lost during Week 1 (only 6 AFC Teams Won)

1 of the 7 AFC Playoff spots is held by a Winless Team.

There are 16 games left for each AFC Team to make adjustments and evolve through the Season.

Lots of moving parts for each Team including HEALTH will help determine which Teams and Organizations settle in to

the Final 7 AFC Playoff spots.

Cleveland smacked the Bengals right in the Nose (so to speak) right at the beginning of the 17 game Marathon.

The Final 7 AFC Teams that make the Playoffs will be BATTLE TESTED by the time they get there.

This Bengal Team has answered the Bell recently with a Super Bowl appearance and a 2nd AFC Championship game appearance.

Time for them to Buckle Up and EARN IT again. I think that they will if the HEALTH side of the equation can be positive. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
If the playoffs started today...
Reply/Quote
I feel like this is the same kind of discussion happening in the Reds section of the forums lol.

"Our team is still in it because all these other teams lost too!"

It is worth pointing out that the three teams considered the top of the AFC all lost.
Two of them had close losses.

Chiefs, Bills, and Bengals will find ways to get back to their winning ways.
But I do think it's going to be a bit more balanced when it comes to the conference with CLE, PIT, NE, BAL, MIA, LAC, JAX, and maybe NYJ (depending on how they do without Rodgers).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 03:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I feel like this is the same kind of discussion happening in the Reds section of the forums lol.

"Our team is still in it because all these other teams lost too!"

It is worth pointing out that the three teams considered the top of the AFC all lost.
Two of them had close losses.

Chiefs, Bills, and Bengals will find ways to get back to their winning ways.
But I do think it's going to be a bit more balanced when it comes to the conference with CLE, PIT, NE, BAL, MIA, LAC, JAX, and maybe NYJ (depending on how they do without Rodgers).

Finding comfort in other Teams losing wasn't my point but I can see how it seems like it.

Point is that nothing is settled yet since we are at the BEGINNING of a 17 game season. (now 16 left)

HEALTH will become an important factor in how Strong a Team ends up being by the end of the Season compared to others.

The Bengals have retained a Core of players that have done it before in terms of a Super Bowl appearance and two AFC Championship 

appearances. 

They have added some Roster depth and made an attempt at improving the O-line.

HEALTH alone could allow the O-line to be better than what it has been during recent Playoff runs. 

This Team still has a chance at being a better Team than the 2022 & 2021 Teams due to Experience and what seems to be a better Roster.

The Sky isn't falling as some suggest...
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 04:05 PM)depthchart Wrote: Finding comfort in other Teams losing wasn't my point but I can see how it seems like it.

Point is that nothing is settled yet since we are at the BEGINNING of a 17 game season. (now 16 left)

HEALTH will become an important factor in how Strong a Team ends up being by the end of the Season compared to others.

The Bengals have retained a Core of players that have done it before in terms of a Super Bowl appearance and two AFC Championship 

appearances. 

They have added some Roster depth and made an attempt at improving the O-line.

HEALTH alone could allow the O-line to be better than what it has been during recent Playoff runs. 

This Team still has a chance at being a better Team than the 2022 & 2021 Teams due to Experience and what seems to be a better Roster.

The Sky isn't falling as some suggest...

For sure.

It's great that only 6 AFC teams got a win since the Bengals lost.
It would have been nice though for a seeding purpose to get a game up on the Chiefs and Bills.
They are the biggest competition for the Bengals, IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 04:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For sure.

It's great that only 6 AFC teams got a win since the Bengals lost.
It would have been nice though for a seeding purpose to get a game up on the Chiefs and Bills.
They are the biggest competition for the Bengals, IMO.

I agree Chiefs, Bills.    The Jags have an easy division.    Can Tua stay healthy for Miami ?     Chargers & Patriots likely better than last year.

The Jets defense looks very good and would give the Bengals problems, however, their loss of Aaron Rodgers shows just how Fluid NFL seasons 

can be.   With Rodgers they may have been a Force. 

The Bengals have their hands full in the AFC North this year. 

Browns defense plus Deshaun Watson has already proven to be a real problem.

If Lamar Jackson stays healthy all season then the Ravens will be right in the mix.

The Steelers offense should be improved and their defense with T J Watt can give the Bengals problems.

The Bengals will flat out have to Earn it or take a step backwards.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 04:50 PM)depthchart Wrote: I agree Chiefs, Bills.    The Jags have an easy division.    Can Tua stay healthy for Miami ?     Chargers & Patriots likely better than last year.

The Jets defense looks very good and would give the Bengals problems, however, their loss of Aaron Rodgers shows just how Fluid NFL seasons 

can be.   With Rodgers they may have been a Force. 

The Bengals have their hands full in the AFC North this year. 

Browns defense plus Deshaun Watson has already proven to be a real problem.

If Lamar Jackson stays healthy all season then the Ravens will be right in the mix.

The Steelers offense should be improved and their defense with T J Watt can give the Bengals problems.

The Bengals will flat out have to Earn it or take a step backwards.

I agree the Bengals are going to  have to earn it. I do not see Watson lasting more than a few more games if he continues to play like he did Sunday. He did not look like he even wanted to get up after that Malachi Crunch. The Ravens health problems are already in full swing with Dobbins out for the year. Even with Twat, I don't see Pissburgh factoring in.
Reply/Quote
I don't know who said it first, but it bears repeating: the season is not a sprint; it's a marathon.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 04:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I agree the Bengals are going to  have to earn it. I do not see Watson lasting more than a few more games if he continues to play like he did Sunday. He did not look like he even wanted to get up after that Malachi Crunch. The Ravens health problems are already in full swing with Dobbins out for the year. Even with Twat, I don't see Pissburgh factoring in.

I don't see Pittsburgh winning the Division but they could maybe split the two games with the Bengals.  Win one/lose one.

Pickett is the least talented QB in the Division at this point of his career.

Burrow's style of play may keep him healthier than Deshaun Watson & Lamar Jackson.

No easy Divisional games.  IMO
Reply/Quote
The playoff teams from last year went 7-7 in week one.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Young season just hope the team can and will overcome the loss.
Ready for May Day and Spring Fever!
Reply/Quote
I believe until we are mathematically eliminated. The Bengals are due to go on a tear.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 02:25 PM)depthchart Wrote: 10 AFC Teams lost during Week 1  (only 6 AFC Teams Won)  

1 of the 7 AFC Playoff spots is held by a Winless Team.

There are 16 games left for each AFC Team to make adjustments and evolve through the Season.

Lots of moving parts for each Team including HEALTH will help determine which Teams and Organizations settle in to

the Final 7 AFC Playoff spots.

Cleveland smacked the Bengals right in the Nose (so to speak) right at the beginning of the 17 game Marathon.

The Final 7 AFC Teams that make the Playoffs will be BATTLE TESTED by the time they get there.

This Bengal Team has answered the Bell recently with a Super Bowl appearance and a 2nd AFC Championship game appearance.

Time for them to Buckle Up and EARN IT again.  I think that they will if the HEALTH side of the equation can be positive.  Who Dey

Seems a little bit crafted IMO. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 10:23 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Seems a little bit crafted IMO. 

Thanks "Ma"

Me be Crafty... Shy
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 03:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If the playoffs started today...

...there'd be a lot of empty stadia because no one would be expecting it  Tongue

It needs to be at least the second half of the season before I can get too concerned about records and seedings and such.  Thankfully, this is not the Bengals team of old whose season was effectively on life support by Columbus Day and declared dead by Halloween.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote