Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 Enlightening Facts About Gay And Trans People
(06-20-2016, 07:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Being gay is against mother nature's intent.   We are Made to have more humans.   That doesn't work with gays so there is an obvious disconnect.   

Mellow

(06-18-2016, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hows about we just roll with the old rule. Attack the message, not the messenger?

We are not animals.

We are not purely driven by the need to procreate and continue to species.

There are BILLIONS of us now.

We can think and have feelings and maybe not have sex at all!  Or fall in love with someone that someone else wouldn't fall in love with.

We "love" we don't just "have sex".

At least some of us do.  Most of us should.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-20-2016, 10:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

We are not animals.

We can think and have feelings and maybe not have sex at all!  Or fall in love with someone that someone else wouldn't fall in love with.

Ah the inner RWK comes out.   
Fact #12: They are still human beings.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-20-2016, 11:40 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Fact #12: They are still human beings.

So are pedophiles, rapists, murders, bi-polars, schizophrenics,and and infinite list of descriptives. Is there a point behind you repetitive posting of this fact? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-21-2016, 01:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So are pedophiles, rapists, murders, bi-polars, schizophrenics,and and infinite list of descriptives. Is there a point behind you repetitive posting of this fact? 

There are people here who like to believe otherwise. Humans should be afforded basic human rights. 

I always enjoy seeing people take issue with someone reaffirming the humanity of their brothers and sisters but remains silent when others attempt to dehumanize them.

(06-21-2016, 02:15 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There are people here who like to believe otherwise. Humans should be afforded basic human rights. 

Yes but sick people need care.    Not everyone just going along with their sickness. 
(06-21-2016, 04:13 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes but sick people need care.    Not everyone just going along with their sickness. 

Sick people do need help. So stop electing Republicans.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-20-2016, 07:59 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: Is this a counter to my post?  If so, I think you missed the point of what I posted as a reply to another poster.  

no its not a counter, it was me stating that only christians are oppressed in the country (according to some that is)
People suck
(06-20-2016, 10:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

We are not animals.

Then why do gays feel such a strong desire to have children of their own?

To hit this home. I remember a conversation I had with a lesbian who was mad that her "wife" and her couldn't combine their DNA to create a child. The only compromise was for them both to get a donation. 1 wanted insemination, the other wanted the "old fashion" way. Of course the inseminated one did not like the idea of her "wife" having sex with a man.
(06-21-2016, 08:53 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Then why do gays feel such a strong desire to have children of their own?

To hit this home. I remember a conversation I had with a lesbian who was mad that her "wife" and her couldn't combine their DNA to create a child. The only compromise was for them both to get a donation. 1 wanted insemination, the other wanted the "old fashion" way. Of course the inseminated one did not like the idea of her "wife" having sex with a man.

maybe they felt like a family, but only thought people would see them as a legit family was if they had a kid
People suck
(06-21-2016, 08:53 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Then why do gays feel such a strong desire to have children of their own?

They don't.  At least not all of them.

My cousin is gay.  He never wanted kids.

I have two guys I graduated high school with that are gay.  One is married, the other is in a long term relationship.  Neither has or wants kids.

And none of that changes that we are not some animal controlled only by are base desires.

At least most of us aren't.
(06-21-2016, 09:02 AM)GMDino Wrote: They don't.  At least not all of them.

My cousin is gay.  He never wanted kids.

I have two guys I graduated high school with that are gay.  One is married, the other is in a long term relationship.  Neither has or wants kids.

And none of that changes that we are not some animal controlled only by are base desires.

At least most of us aren't.

You just mentioned 3 gay guys.   The need for a family comes from the woman.   So it's easy to see why your  gay men weren't interested in getting children.    
(06-21-2016, 09:07 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You just mentioned 3 gay guys.   The need for a family comes from the woman.   So it's easy to see why your  gay men weren't interested in getting children.    

My wife doesn't want any kids (and no my kid is not hers).

Keep trying.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(06-21-2016, 09:10 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: My wife doesn't want any kids (and no my kid is not hers).

Keep trying.

yeah my wife has no desire to have kids either (neither of us do, we move around too much for jobs, and we have our own stuff that we like to do that we wouldn't want to stop doing just to have a kid)

my uncle is gay, wanted kids, but he is content with the fact that he wont have them (was married to a woman for 20 years before he came out)
People suck
(06-21-2016, 09:07 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You just mentioned 3 gay guys.   The need for a family comes from the woman.   So it's easy to see why your  gay men weren't interested in getting children.    

OK, I went to school with a woman is a lesbian.  (I graduated with her brother)  She has no kids and never said she wanted them.

All of this is anecdotal evidence...but it is still better than just making a blanket statement and insisting it is true because you say so.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/06/13/a-survey-of-lgbt-americans/

Quote:Roughly three-quarters of bisexual respondents to the Pew Research survey are women. By contrast, gay men outnumber lesbians by about two-to-one among survey respondents. Bisexuals are far more likely than either gay men or lesbians to be married, in part because a large majority of those in committed relationships have partners of the opposite sex and thus are able to marry legally. Also, two-thirds of bisexuals say they either already have or want children, compared with about half of lesbians and three-in-ten gay men.

That was the first survey I found. From 2013.
If I have time I'll look for the same numbers from straight people.
(06-21-2016, 09:10 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: My wife doesn't want any kids (and no my kid is not hers).

Keep trying.

(06-21-2016, 09:15 AM)Griever Wrote: yeah my wife has no desire to have kids either (neither of us do, we move around too much for jobs, and we have our own stuff that we like to do that we wouldn't want to stop doing just to have a kid)

my uncle is gay, wanted kids, but he is content with the fact that he wont have them (was married to a woman for 20 years before he came out)

Colour me not shocked.    
(06-21-2016, 10:32 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Colour me not shocked.    

Mellow

(06-18-2016, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hows about we just roll with the old rule. Attack the message, not the messenger?

You're shocked that some people don't want children?

what is shocking? that me and my wife dont want kids (we have 5 nieces and nephews) or that my uncle who was gay wanted kids so bad that he married a woman to try and get kids, but it never happened and he settled for the fact that he has 2 awesome nephews in my brother and i?
People suck

It's funny that you think it's because of the person my wife married that she doesn't want to have children as opposed to a long standing desire she had long before we started dating.

But I'm sure your wife doesn't quite have that freedom in your house. God's law and all...
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema