Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 reasons Mixon will lead the league in rushing in 2019
http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000001034019/10-reasons-why-Mixon-will-lead-NFL-in-rushing-in-2019-Baldy-s-Breakdowns

That long run against the Steelers in week 17 is a thing of beauty.  It shows all his strengths.  Vision, balance, burst, power.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2019, 01:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000001034019/10-reasons-why-Mixon-will-lead-NFL-in-rushing-in-2019-Baldy-s-Breakdowns

That long run against the Steelers in week 17 is a thing of beauty.  It shows all his strengths.  Vision, balance, burst, power.

I watched that video early and I think my mouth was open the entire time! He is amazing and the sky is the limit for this cat. 
Reply/Quote
He certainly has all the tools. I think it will come down to whether we have a healthy and solid OL for him to do it.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don’t typically hop aboard the hype train for most Bengals players, but if it’s going to happen, it would be Mixon.
Reply/Quote
Mixon will definitely need a special DeLorean if he’s going to lead the league in 2018...

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2019, 03:35 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: He certainly has all the tools.  I think it will come down to whether we have a healthy and solid OL for him to do it.

...He didn't have a solid or healthy O line last year. Some guys don't need much blocking to be good, I think he is one of them. If he can stay healthy for 16 games I think he does it. 
Reply/Quote
NO FUMBLES
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2019, 04:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mixon will definitely need a special DeLorean if he’s going to lead the league in 2018...

well he lead a conference...
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2019, 04:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mixon will definitely need a special DeLorean if he’s going to lead the league in 2018...

Rep.
Reply/Quote
Mixons vision and strength are amazing. He has terrific instinct and hands. Yet, like some have said, staying healthy is the key.

Reply/Quote
(06-19-2019, 07:42 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Mixons vision and strength are amazing. He has terrific instinct and hands. Yet, like some have said, staying healthy is the key.

His health is big, obviously, but I think the real key is the offensive line. At this point we still really don't know who is playing where... I'd say Price is a shoe-in at center (more due to a lack of competition than stellar play, yet) but the rest is still somewhat up in the air.

As others have also pointed out, it will be interesting to see what ZT's approach to Mixon's overall usage is. While I personally say ride him hard, ZT and the Rams were burnt by that last year...
Reply/Quote
To do what he did last year AFTER an early year surgery was crazy. I don't think many guys can do what he does.

It's weird, character issues were his big concern coming out because of the incident, but I would say Joe is the highest character guy on our team! It's hard to brag about Joe in public because people still have that bad view of him. I love the kid and feel he has put all the bad stuff behind him. I hate the term 'sky is the limit' but this kid has hit sights set for the sun.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2019, 04:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...He didn't have a solid or healthy O line last year. Some guys don't need much blocking to be good, I think he is one of them. If he can stay healthy for 16 games I think he does it. 

Good point.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
The way ZT talks about running the ball, I dont doubt this one bit. I think our OL is going to surprise us all and Mixon will be eating it up...for years to come.
Reply/Quote
A lot of times he had to start his first cut behind the line of scrimmage. If our line can improve enough to just flat out spring him into the second level, he can do big things. That will help Dalton, Green, Boyd, our tight ends and our defense.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2019, 04:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...He didn't have a solid or healthy O line last year. Some guys don't need much blocking to be good, I think he is one of them. If he can stay healthy for 16 games I think he does it. 

They weren't bad at run blocking.  When they didn't hold.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2019, 01:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000001034019/10-reasons-why-Mixon-will-lead-NFL-in-rushing-in-2019-Baldy-s-Breakdowns

Good stuff.

Now add in the fact that you MIGHT have improved the LT, LG, and RG positions on the offensive line.  Billy Price looks like a different man in year 2.  And the scheme won't automatically scream RUN PLAY by formations.  Did you notice in the video how often he said "the defense has this played perfectly", but he would still get yardage?  Well, I think the better, less predictable scheme will help as well.

I am very excited to watch this offense.  I still wish, however, that they had gotten more depth at the LB position. 
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2019, 07:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good stuff.

Now add in the fact that you MIGHT have improved the LT, LG, and RG positions on the offensive line.  Billy Price looks like a different man in year 2.  And the scheme won't automatically scream RUN PLAY by formations.  Did you notice in the video how often he said "the defense has this played perfectly", but he would still get yardage?  Well, I think the better, less predictable scheme will help as well.

I am very excited to watch this offense.  I still wish, however, that they had gotten more depth at the LB position. 

Yes my thoughts as well. As SUPER as this offense can be... our defense is on the opposite side of the spectrum :/
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2019, 09:53 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Yes my thoughts as well. As SUPER as this offense can be... our defense is on the opposite side of the spectrum :/

True. But when I think how the defense saved games in the first 4 victories last year (at least I think it was the first 4) they looked decent and aggressive but you could still see weakness and lack of discipline and missed tackles. Then when the injuries started piling up, shit went downhill fast. We have been weak up the gut for several years now. Hopefully, with better discipline and guidance, this will change. 

I think another key factor is Marvin really hasnt put his heart in it the last few years. Players see that and it transitions over to them. Seems the guys are buying into the new system and their excited about it. That alone is a big step from previous few years.

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2019, 09:53 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Yes my thoughts as well. As SUPER as this offense can be... our defense is on the opposite side of the spectrum :/

I will give them credit on one thing they appear to be working on with respect to the defense:  not giving up easy intermediate completions.  Sure, guys like Brees looked almost bored, but he almost completed 30 straight passes as well.  It can't help but improve the defensive line's chances of getting home.  
Reply/Quote