Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
10 worst Bengals
The must be actually playing people Like AJ Mccarron don't count.
1 Clint Boling He has been absolute garbage why he still has a starting job is disgrace
2 Jake Fisher Steelers Game was only game where he seemed semi competent
3 Brandon Lafell Hes hardly ever open
4 Trey Hopkins Browns game is only game he seemed competent
5 CJ Uzomah Disappointing I expected better
6 Shawn Williams He seems to miss assignments in coverage
7 Russell Bodine He's his below average self true to form
8 Pat Sims Been a little disappointing
9 Cedric Obueghi Been better Hes still not starter level yet
10 Nick Vigil He will improve he will be playing more with minter injury.
Reply/Quote
Can we start a "10 worst threads this week" thread? I feel like you'll be well represented.

Clint Boling heading into last week had 0 penalties called against him, and allowed 0 sacks (I don't think that has changed after last week, either). He is literally the only above-average OL (or even non-below average) on this team... and he has to go to work knowing he'll be sandwiched between Cedric Ogbuehi, and Russell Bodine.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Numbers 1-9: Mike Brown
Number 10: Marvin Lewis
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Vigil I think he has played well and is a good player he should not be on the list
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 05:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Can we start a "10 worst threads this week" thread? I feel like you'll be well represented.

Clint Boling heading into last week had 0 penalties called against him, and allowed 0 sacks (I don't think that has changed after last week, either). He is literally the only above-average OL (or even non-below average) on this team... and he has to go to work knowing he'll be sandwiched between Cedric Ogbuehi, and Russell Bodine.

Agree Boling is the least of our concerns on the line, but he did give up one of the sacks this week, so that streak is over.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 06:45 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Agree Boling is the least of our concerns on the line, but he did give up one of the sacks this week, so that streak is over.

Ah, see.. I didn't know who was "credited" for each of them, so I wasn't quite confident that was still the case. Hence the "heading into last week" qualifier.

Either way, he's now on pace to allow 2.7 sacks per 16 games. If only we could have 5 of him. That would be 13.5 sacks for a whole OL over 16 games. Figure in 2-3 by the TEs/RBs, and a few more by coverage/QB, and you're still in the low 20s at worst.

Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick gotta be on the list
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 10:21 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Kirkpatrick gotta be on the list

Absolutely! How is it we suck so bad at the DB positions? Didn't we have something like 6 1st rounders. WJ3 looks the best so if course he dosent start. Marvin frustrates the shit out of me. Throw the rookies out there if healthy so we can see what we have instead of just hoping we're in good shape at a position for 4 damn years.
Reply/Quote
PA has got to be #1
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Isn't Vigil our leading tackler ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 10:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Isn't Vigil our leading tackler ?

On the 21st ranked rushing defense and a 5-way tie for 20th in YPC. He's leading with 25 solo tackles, but he also has simply played by far the most snaps.

Vigil 99.3%
Rey 56.2% (started the three games Burfict was suspended)
Burfcit 46.3% (suspended 3 games)
Minter 31.3% (doesn't play nickle)

Tackles also aren't necessarily a stat where more equals better. Case and point, #2 on the team in solo-tackles is Darqueze Dennard with 22, which is never a good thing for CB. It means people are targeting your coverage a lot, and getting completions, thus giving you a chance to make a tackle. (That '10 season where people just refused to throw at Revis, he had 32 solo tackles.)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

By the way, this is where the NFL kind of pisses me off because they have absolutely shitty/lazy stat keeping. Tackles weren't an officially recorded stat until 2001, so if you want to know Deion Sander's tackles, you get the last two years of his career and that's it. Meanwhile I can easily look up Babe Ruth's 1914 batting split against LHP and RHP.

Reply/Quote
I don't know, does Billings still play for this team???
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:43 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The must be actually playing people Like AJ Mccarron don't count.
1 Clint Boling He has been absolute garbage why he still has a starting job is disgrace

Actually not a bad list with the exception of Boling. Boling ranks at 76.0 on PFF or Average or as the #19 Guard. I agree though that he's not great. Ideally he'd be the 4th or 5th guy on a Good offensive line.

I'd substitute him with Bodine and you nail it.

Williams grades out at 73.0 or Average too...but I think that's largely for his run support. I agree that he is bad in pass coverage. He's definitely a downgrade to Nelson.

Billings has been a large disappointment too. There was so much expected of him and he hasn't performed.

Kirkpatrick gets beat in coverage a lot. Granted he's covering the best WR on the other team sometimes, but Jackson was on Brown and did a FANTASTIC job.
Reply/Quote
1.  Piano Man
2.  Russell Blodine

These two alone are LARGELY responsible for our offensive woes.

3.  Dre "Toast" Kirkpatrick.  Got paid, now he's back to sucking. Imagine that.
4.  RG....doesn't matter who plays here, they suck
5.  CJ "Butterfingers" Uzomah
6.  Shawn "Wrongway" Williams
7.  Jake Fisher....seems to be actually regressing
8.  Billings.  Thought you were gonna beast?  Where you been?
9.  Brandon "Banky" Lafell.....cause he's always BLANKETED
10. Tyler "Amber Alert" Boyd.  Can't even make the active roster every week as a 2nd round pick......wtf

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
1) Russell Bodine - Dude has been a bottom-tier starter three straight years and even into his fourth.
2) Cedric Ogbuehi - All potential, no production. He's been the definition of a bust.
3) Jake Fisher - Also hasn't done well. I figured at least ONE of these OTs would amount to something, but nope.
4) Brandon LaFell - While I defended him through the offseason because I felt he stepped up when needed last year, he's been abysmal this year.
5) Tyler Boyd - Dude is dealing with an off-field incident and just like LaFell isn't producing.
6) Dre Kirkpatrick - After getting that nice new contract, he's regressed back to what we knew he would. Inconsistent between good player and bad player.
7) TJ Johnson - This guy was not worth re-signing to a 2-year deal. The only position he could provide an upgrade to would be C, but that's not saying much. He's still mediocre at best.
8) Pat Sims - Not playing well. Not the usual solid run stuffer he has been in the past. He's past his prime and should see reduced snaps.
9) Andrew Billings - Perhaps it was way too high of expectations and the fact we all considered him such a steal in the draft, but Billings hasn't been able to do much at all on defense. Part of that is likely due to the fact he was out all last season and his game depends so much on power, which might still not be there due to the recovery process. Billings has to learn how to be effective when his power is stifled, as NFL OL are much more difficult to manhandle compared to college guys.
10) Cody Core - For all the hype this guy got, he's done absolutely nothing. And don't tell me it's because he hasn't gotten the chance. He's floundered when given any chance. This dude has put up a goose egg on 63 snaps.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:43 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The must be actually playing people Like AJ Mccarron don't count.

How Oogieboogie, Fisher, and Bodine aren't the top 3 (in whatever order you prefer) makes me question your talent evaluation skills.

(10-25-2017, 11:29 AM)ochocincos Wrote: 1) Russell Bodine - Dude has been a bottom-tier starter three straight years and even into his fourth.
2) Cedric Ogbuehi - All potential, no production. He's been the definition of a bust.
3) Jake Fisher - Also hasn't done well. I figured at least ONE of these OTs would amount to something, but nope.
4) Brandon LaFell - While I defended him through the offseason because I felt he stepped up when needed last year, he's been abysmal this year.
5) Tyler Boyd - Dude is dealing with an off-field incident and just like LaFell isn't producing.
6) Dre Kirkpatrick - After getting that nice new contract, he's regressed back to what we knew he would. Inconsistent between good player and bad player.
7) TJ Johnson - This guy was not worth re-signing to a 2-year deal. The only position he could provide an upgrade to would be C, but that's not saying much. He's still mediocre at best.
8) Pat Sims - Not playing well. Not the usual solid run stuffer he has been in the past. He's past his prime and should see reduced snaps.
9) Andrew Billings - Perhaps it was way too high of expectations and the fact we all considered him such a steal in the draft, but Billings hasn't been able to do much at all on defense. Part of that is likely due to the fact he was out all last season and his game depends so much on power, which might still not be there due to the recovery process. Billings has to learn how to be effective when his power is stifled, as NFL OL are much more difficult to manhandle compared to college guys.
10) Cody Core - For all the hype this guy got, he's done absolutely nothing. And don't tell me it's because he hasn't gotten the chance. He's floundered when given any chance. This dude has put up a goose egg on 63 snaps.

See? This guy gets it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote