Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
10-year-old rape victim denied abortion in OH
(07-07-2022, 02:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well see they never codified it into law so they never really cared.  

republicans never passed a law to ban it either...but they still really cared.

gop logic!

Who's they, the Democrats, because they had all three houses and a Super Majority in the Senate while BO was president, and didn't codify it....
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 03:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who's they, the Democrats, because they had all three houses and a Super Majority in the Senate while BO was president, and didn't codify it....

That's probably another sign that our current democrat party really isn't all that liberal and isn't nearly as dangerously liberal as the right wing media wants people to think it is. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 03:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who's they, the Democrats, because they had all three houses and a Super Majority in the Senate while BO was president, and didn't codify it....

Ah, that old chestnut.

You should read sources other than what you already "know".  Mellow

But I guess in that four month he should have just rammed through absolutely everything at once!  LMAO!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 03:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ah, that old chestnut.

But I guess in that four month he should have just rammed through absolutely everything at once!  LMAO!

Who have democrats even gotten elected in the past 40 years?  Two Bible Belt southerners in Carter and Clinton, a Muslim in Obama, and a crotchety old man in Biden.  No wonder this country is so damn conservative with a "liberal" lineup like that.

Meanwhile, republicans love blue state former democrats in Trump and Regan, have turned on warhawk conservatives like Bush and Liz Cheney, and fly the confederate flag while thinking Abraham Lincoln would be on their side.  Ye gods, you can't make this stuff up.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 03:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who have democrats even gotten elected in the past 40 years?  Two Bible Belt southerners in Carter and Clinton, a Muslim in Obama, and a crotchety old man in Biden.  No wonder this country is so damn conservative with a "liberal" lineup like that.

Meanwhile, republicans love blue state former democrats in Trump and Regan, have turned on warhawk conservatives like Bush and Liz Cheney, and fly the confederate flag while thinking Abraham Lincoln would be on their side.  Ye gods, you can't make this stuff up.

Apparently you can.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 02:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well see they never codified it into law so they never really cared.  

republicans never passed a law to ban it either...but they still really cared.

gop logic!

Are you talking about abortion?  If you are,   they couldn't pass a law to make it illegal.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 04:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Are you talking about abortion?  If you are,   they couldn't pass a law to make it illegal.

Huh.   

So I was wrong that republicans didn't try to ban it outright.

Seems like they did pass a federal law outlawing some abortions. 

Wonder if they will try to ban ALL abortions now?
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 05:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: Huh.   

So I was wrong that republicans didn't try to ban it outright.

Seems like they did pass a federal law outlawing some abortions. 

Wonder if they will try to ban ALL abortions now?

I'm confused.  I thought you said Republicans could have passed a federal law to ban abortions,  but didn't.  Comparing it to Democrats not passing a law to make it legal.  Now you are saying they did?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 05:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm confused.  I thought you said Republicans could have passed a federal law to ban abortions,  but didn't.  Comparing it to Democrats not passing a law to make it legal.  Now you are saying they did?

I'm sure it's confusing when someone on these boards says they were wrong, as I did.

Apparently they DID try to ban some abortions...not all.

You said they could NOT ban abortions but they did...some.

And the SC upheld it.

Slippery slope and all that.

I guess Obama should have done that before he passed his health care bill.  
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 05:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm sure it's confusing when someone on these boards says they were wrong, as I did.

Apparently they DID try to ban some abortions...not all.

You said they could NOT ban abortions but they did...some.

And the SC upheld it.

Slippery slope and all that.

I guess Obama should have done that before he passed his health care bill.  

True. I thought you were being sarcastic when you said you were wrong.  My bad.

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 05:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: I guess Obama should have done that before he passed his health care bill.  

That would've required the Democrats to be in lockstep with Obama, which they were not on the subject of abortion.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 03:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ... and a crotchety old man in Biden. 

I think you forgot to add "Papist".

After all, name-calling and smearing should have some sort of consistency, eh. ;-)
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Hillarious,
We can't even agree on a simple messsage board on just about any subject.

So why would anyone expect the elected Politicians to?
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 09:11 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Hillarious,

We're not paid to agree on anything and we don't serve anyone's interests but our own.

Elected officials aren't supposed to have that luxury. They do, because politics have become as such. But that's a failure on the part of the voters of this country.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 09:11 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Hillarious,

Id argue that our political motivation now is to elect people to stop or fight the other side.  There is the occasional promise of benefit, but it's more about electing people to disagree.  

Vote for me and I'll fight....ill stop....vote for me or the other side will.....

I will say that Biden's cliched political rhetoric and the faint praise the media had to drum up for him involved talks of him reaching across the aisle and/or being able to compromise and find common ground with the GOP, but I can only imagine the boos a republican candidate would get if he/she said "If elected, I will work with democrats to compromise on [insert thing here]."
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 03:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ah, that old chestnut.

Hmmmm.... if it were all that important to them, they could have written, passed and signed the bill in less than a week.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 11:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hmmmm.... if it were all that important to them, they could have written, passed and signed the bill in less than a week.

Of sure!  Happens all the time. 

Sure.

Ninja

All seriousness aside, I guess Obama put more emphasis on trying to get everyone better healthcare than codifying something that was already "established" law.  
Reply/Quote
Fun news, a pregnant woman in Texas got a ticket for using the carpool lane while in the car by herself.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/texas-woman-says-unborn-baby-counts-as-passenger-in-hov-lane#:~:text=DALLAS%20(AP)%20%E2%80%94%20When%20an,now%20counts%20as%20a%20person.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 11:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Fun news, a pregnant woman in Texas got a ticket for using the carpool lane while in the car by herself.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/texas-woman-says-unborn-baby-counts-as-passenger-in-hov-lane#:~:text=DALLAS%20(AP)%20%E2%80%94%20When%20an,now%20counts%20as%20a%20person.

Do unborns count as humans or not? 
Make up your mind
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2022, 11:45 AM)GMDino Wrote: Of sure!  Happens all the time. 

Sure.

Ninja

All seriousness aside, I guess Obama put more emphasis on trying to get everyone better healthcare than codifying something that was already "established" law.  

Ever heard of multi-tasking?

If they had fixed it, then who they gonna get votes from?
Reply/Quote