Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100 Days Til Opening Day!
Down to 98 bottles of beer on the wall
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Do you realize that if your excitement level goes up just a miniscule 2% per day then by opening day it would have increased by 724% through the power of compounding?
Reply/Quote
97 DAYS!
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 10:18 AM)BFritz21 Wrote:
97 DAYS!

Even more exciting if you consider pre-season the beginning of the season. There is nothing like having football on the TV again. The Hall of Fame is on August 4th this year, and I watch it every season.

In that case, 59 days!
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 10:24 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Even more exciting if you consider pre-season the beginning of the season. There is nothing like having football on the TV again. The Hall of Fame is on August 4th this year, and I watch it every season.

In that case, 59 days!

Indeed

Football both College and Pro is about the only sport I watch much anymore.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 10:29 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Indeed

I've actually found myself watching other sports. I've always been a big basketball fan, catching some Reds games as well. Makes the offseason a little more bearable. 
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 10:43 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I've actually found myself watching other sports. I've always been a big basketball fan, catching some Reds games as well. Makes the offseason a little more bearable. 

Complete opposite.. as I've gotten older basketball has became boring to me.  Baseball I only follow the Reds and it's been crappy
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 10:43 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I've actually found myself watching other sports. I've always been a big basketball fan, catching some Reds games as well. Makes the offseason a little more bearable. 

I used to be a mega baseball fan ! Big Red Machine and so on. I lose a little bit more of the care for it every year. Never been a big basketball or hockey or anything else fan. I used to be into college basketball years ago. But I wouldn't walk across the street to watch pro if it was free.

I've tried getting into soccer and I just can't lol.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 10:29 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Indeed

Have you been watching any of the USFL?

I actually find it to be quality football for once other than College and Pro.

Much better than the XFL before covid IMO.

Lots of hard hitting, the refs let them play, former Bengals and some dudes we might think about picking up.

Case Cookus for example just had a great day yesterday for the Philadelphia Stars. Backup QB thought.Hmm
Reply/Quote

Who won last night in the Finals BTW? Started watching but had to entertain guests...
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 01:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who won last night in the Finals BTW? Started watching but had to entertain guests...

GS won, tied it up at 1-1. Steph Curry played really well. 
Reply/Quote
I grew up listening to a lot of Reds games on the radio. I was thinking how I could not stand that now but then I remember that I would usually be busy with some other activity while I was listening to the game. It was like background music. A lot of times I would hit gravel with a broom handle and pretend I was playing while I listened. I had a radio I would take outside.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 02:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I grew up listening to a lot of Reds games on the radio.  I was thinking how I could not stand that now but then I remember that I would usually be busy with some other activity while I was listening to the game. It was like background music. A lot of times I would hit gravel with a broom handle and pretend I was playing while I listened. I had a radio I would take outside.

I did things like this as a kid as well. I was never much of a baseball fan growing up, but have always loved football and basketball. After watching a Bengals game (or college game), I would grab my football and run out into the yard. We lived in the country and had a large plot of land. So, I would get out there and act as if I was quarterbacking the Bengals or Oregon Ducks. I remember after the Bengals lost to the Browns in 2007, 51-45, I was devastated and went out to the yard to exact my revenge. 
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 01:49 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: GS won, tied it up at 1-1. Steph Curry played really well. 

Thanks KG.  ThumbsUp

I think I am rooting for the Celtics cause of the way they play D. I don't dislike Steph and the Warriors though like some.

He is probably the best shooter ever.
Reply/Quote
Still can't get over the Collins signing, he is going to be mauling guys.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 04:53 PM)phil413 Wrote: Still can't get over the Collins signing, he is going to be mauling guys.

Yes. The double The could be the most talented OL we have had in a long time. He can be elite.

His athleticism, size and strength are insane. He can dominate the best Ends in the NFL and I am not even kidding.

Watching him going against Nick Bosa was a thing of beauty. 

That dude is a stud and La'el man handled him when he played the Niners.
Reply/Quote
96 DAYS!
Reply/Quote