Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10th Pick In 10-Team PPR
Where do I go with the tenth pick in a 10-team PPR league?

Draft is Tuesday night.

It's with my good friends from grade school and high school, so this is big.

A decent chunk of change is on the line, but this is more about pride.

Do I take Mixon at 10? If Burrow's the real deal, Mixon could have a HUGE year with teams not being able to load the box.

He also just got paid, and he sounds like he's as hungry as ever.

The only problem is that all but one person in this league is from Greater Cincinnati, so Mixon could get picked before my pick.

If I do take Mixon, who do I take with my 2nd pick? Do I double-up and go Miles Sanders from Detroit or go WR with Adams from Green Bay? Henry from the Titans or Mike Evans?

Any help is much appreciated!
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 12:52 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Where do I go with the tenth pick in a 10-team PPR league?

Draft is Tuesday night.

It's with my good friends from grade school and high school, so this is big.

A decent chunk of change is on the line, but this is more about pride.

Do I take Mixon at 10? If Burrow's the real deal, Mixon could have a HUGE year with teams not being able to load the box.

He also just got paid, and he sounds like he's as hungry as ever.

The only problem is that all but one person in this league is from Greater Cincinnati, so Mixon could get picked before my pick.

If I do take Mixon, who do I take with my 2nd pick? Do I double-up and go Miles Sanders from Detroit or go WR with Adams from Green Bay? Henry from the Titans or Mike Evans?

Any help is much appreciated!

Well... 10 in my league went with Lamar Jackson and then DeAndre Hopkins at 11. I don't recommend that. Depends on who's there, but I'd probably go Mixon or Cook if they are there... Then at 11 I'd take Kittle or Kelce, then hit RB hard the next few rounds. RBs went quick in my draft yesterday, and the mid rounds were brutal... Just a bunch of blah WRs. I didn't like my draft this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 10:51 AM)jason Wrote: Well... 10 in my league went with Lamar Jackson and then DeAndre Hopkins at 11. I don't recommend that. Depends on who's there, but I'd probably go Mixon or Cook if they are there... Then at 11 I'd take Kittle or Kelce, then hit RB hard the next few rounds. RBs went quick in my draft yesterday, and the mid rounds were brutal... Just a bunch of blah WRs. I didn't like my draft this year.

I'm almost tempted to take Kelce and Mahomes at 10 and 11 because I know Mahomes won't make it back around but now I'm pretty set on Mixon and not sure on the second pick but I'm leaning towards Kelce.  

Like I said, the problem is that the league is a bunch of Cinci meatheads (and one dude from Pittsburg that's a Steelers fan because he works with one of my good friends that's out in Portland now), so I'm not even 100% sure that Mixon will be there.

I'm pretty confident that Cook will be gone.

Do I go Mixon and Mahomes?

Will Mahomes put up big enough numbers to warrant the pick that high?  I haven't seen any 10-team mocks with him going in the first round.

I like your thinking with Mixon then Kelce.  WRs are a dime a dozen and the RB pool will dry-up quickly, and not to mention that Mixon killed it down the stretch last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 03:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm almost tempted to take Kelce and Mahomes at 10 and 11 because I know Mahomes won't make it back around but now I'm pretty set on Mixon and not sure on the second pick but I'm leaning towards Kelce.  

Like I said, the problem is that the league is a bunch of Cinci meatheads (and one dude from Pittsburg that's a Steelers fan because he works with one of my good friends that's out in Portland now), so I'm not even 100% sure that Mixon will be there.

I'm pretty confident that Cook will be gone.

Do I go Mixon and Mahomes?

Will Mahomes put up big enough numbers to warrant the pick that high?  I haven't seen any 10-team mocks with him going in the first round.

I like your thinking with Mixon then Kelce.  WRs are a dime a dozen and the RB pool will dry-up quickly, and not to mention that Mixon killed it down the stretch last year.

Man... I'm a firm believer in getting an elite TE. There's only a couple. I missed yesterday, and didn't get Mark Andrews either. Now I'm rolling with Hockenson and Jonnu Smith, and hoping for the best.

I'd pass on a QB that early... I really would. Watson lingered around awhile in mine. Murray and Dak or even Jared Allen will be around. I'd get those RBs early. After the fourth or fifth round the RBs were picked pretty clean. I got Dobbins and Ronald Jones late, but that's it. I did get Zeke, Kenyon Drake, and Aaron Jones with my first 3 picks though.

I drafted Mahomes late his first year starting. He was killing it, but I was losing because my team had zilch for RB... I had Julio and Hopkins as my WRs that year too.

I got really solid WRs in the mid rounds... McLauren, Lockett, Chark, and Diggs.

I took Cam in the 3rd to last round... Burrow was even gone by then.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 05:20 PM)jason Wrote: Man... I'm a firm believer in getting an elite TE. There's only a couple. I missed yesterday, and didn't get Mark Andrews either. Now I'm rolling with Hockenson and Jonnu Smith, and hoping for the best.

I'd pass on a QB that early... I really would. Watson lingered around awhile in mine. Murray and Dak or even Jared Allen will be around. I'd get those RBs early. After the fourth or fifth round the RBs were picked pretty clean. I got Dobbins and Ronald Jones late, but that's it. I did get Zeke, Kenyon Drake, and Aaron Jones with my first 3 picks though.

I drafted Mahomes late his first year starting. He was killing it, but I was losing because my team had zilch for RB... I had Julio and Hopkins as my WRs that year too.

I got really solid WRs in the mid rounds... McLauren, Lockett, Chark, and Diggs.

I took Cam in the 3rd to last round... Burrow was even gone by then.

Yeah.  There's a lot of quarterbacks that I like later, like Dak and Murray (although they won't be much later), and then also guys like Josh Allen.

I feel like Brees is getting the hell beat out of him and Michael Thomas won't have as big of a year as people are thinking and Godwin has Tom Brady now but they also have Gronk now and a few good running backs, and not to mention that Brady's getting up there in age (although he seems to defy odds).

Where do you take AJ Green?  I'm watching this fantasy show on NFL Network right now that says he's going to have a big year.

I might just pass on a QB early and hope to land Burrow and Josh Allen (although, like I said, all but one of us is a Greater-Cincinnati guy).
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 11:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah.  There's a lot of quarterbacks that I like later, like Dak and Murray (although they won't be much later), and then also guys like Josh Allen.

I feel like Brees is getting the hell beat out of him and Michael Thomas won't have as big of a year as people are thinking and Godwin has Tom Brady now but they also have Gronk now and a few good running backs, and not to mention that Brady's getting up there in age (although he seems to defy odds).

Where do you take AJ Green?  I'm watching this fantasy show on NFL Network right now that says he's going to have a big year.

I might just pass on a QB early and hope to land Burrow and Josh Allen (although, like I said, all but one of us is a Greater-Cincinnati guy).

I sat on AJ Green all year last year... I think I finally cut him week 10 or so... He went in the 9th or 10th round of my draft yesterday. Think I took him in the 8th last year. I won my league, and that pick certainly didn't hurt me, but I wasted that spot all year. I think he plays this year, and if he's right, that's a steal... I just couldn't do it again with him not practicing... I generally keep Bengals off my team if possible... Emotion doesn't get in the way of I do that.

I'd lean Allen over Burrow for fantasy purposes this year. I was scrambling cause I got my strategy ****** up, and went to look for Burrow as the draft was winding down. I didn't notice somebody already took him.

In my book a QB is a QB in fantasy... Unless he's what puts your team over the top like Lamar did for me last year. Like I said... I had Mahomes the year before when he looked like a video game, and I was losing like hell. The difference between the top QB and the 12th QB isn't as great as the difference between the top and 12th RB or TE or WR.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Go heavy running back. You can get a lot of good WR after the first few rounds and even in FA.

Wait on a QB. There may be only a few elite ones but you can get 2 decent QB's that you can rotate depending on the matchup towards the bottom of the draft. TE's a tough one. You either want one elite guy or 2-3 decent ones you can rotate around and get points out of them.

Also don't forget it's PPR get some running backs that can catch the ball too.

Maybe take a flyer on a Tampa Bay WR if you think any of them can be Tom Brady's new Edelman.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 04:09 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Go heavy running back. You can get a lot of good WR after the first few rounds and even in FA.

Wait on a QB. There may be only a few elite ones but you can get 2 decent QB's that you can rotate depending on the matchup towards the bottom of the draft. TE's a tough one. You either want one elite guy or 2-3 decent ones you can rotate around and get points out of them.

Also don't forget it's PPR get some running backs that can catch the ball too.

Maybe take a flyer on a Tampa Bay WR if you think any of them can be Tom Brady's new Edelman.

I was just watching a show that said Robert Woods could be a league winner because, without Gurley there, he'll get more red zone looks.  

Do you think I should reach for him in the third or fourth?  It's doubtful that he makes it back around to the 5th and 6th rounds.

What would you do from my spot?  Mixon and Kelce in 1 & 2 then what about 3 & 4?

Tell me about that scenario and then also if you what you would do if you do in 3 & 4 if you'd go different in 1 & 2 (but list your first two picks).
Reply/Quote