Kirkpatrick

Returning
Dennard
Mixon

Ugh..... Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
With AJ, Ross and Malone out or likely out somebody besides Boyd is going to have to show up.

Core, Erickson, Tate I'm talking to you.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 03:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: With AJ, Ross and Malone out or likely out somebody besides Boyd is going to have to show up.

Good Lord, when is John Ross going to play consecutive weeks?

(before the Nazis arrive, it was obvious hyperbole, I know he played consecutive games to start the season)

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 03:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: Good Lord, when is John Ross going to play consecutive weeks?

(before the Nazis arrive, it was obvious hyperbole, I know he played consecutive games to start the season)

I'm one of the biggest Ross supporters here and even I'm getting irritated by him constantly getting dinged by different little injuries.
Out of all the doubtfuls on the list though, I'd like to think he'd be the one most likely to play. He did say after last week's game he should be good to go out there Sunday, so we'll see.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 03:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: With AJ, Ross and Malone out or likely out somebody besides Boyd is going to have to show up.

If that list doesn't scare you, nothing will.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
At least Mixon is playing...

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 04:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At least Mixon is playing...

well that's the kiss of death.....
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 04:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If that list doesn't scare you, nothing will.

we've had worse lol...

I thought core had a really good game for aj 1 year when aj was out the last 2 games.

Surprised by his lack of development but he really hasn't had playing time.

While I'm not sure who we would have had to sacrifice pay wise I can only imagine what Dalton would be doing if aj jones jr and sanu where still all here.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 04:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm one of the biggest Ross supporters here and even I'm getting irritated by him constantly getting dinged by different little injuries.
Out of all the doubtfuls on the list though, I'd like to think he'd be the one most likely to play. He did say after last week's game he should be good to go out there Sunday, so we'll see.

Some day ross will get it all together.. lets hope hes still here when it happens
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 04:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm one of the biggest Ross supporters here and even I'm getting irritated by him constantly getting dinged by different little injuries.

Same, sure hope he plays. He will never prove he is a good player if he cannot get some chemistry with Dalton.

I was encouraged by last week with Ross at the very least and now this.

Happy Mixon is alright. That had me worried on the last report. He was playing great against the Saints then we
took him out and we fell apart. I know Gio had the one big play but there is something else about Mixon when he
is out there that fires up the entire Offense.
Reply/Quote
Ross is such a bust. Dude makes Eifert look like an Ironman
Reply/Quote

For real.  I gotta be fair, he played much better at ATL, only to go down with another injury.  From what I've read, it looks like he'll at least give it a go Sunday.  Anyone who isn't pulling for the kid is just hating, or just horsing around sarcastically because hey.....Bengals....lol.  If he can ever get it together, having him, Boyd and Green would be comparable to Ocho, Housh, and Slim.

(11-16-2018, 04:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, sure hope he plays. He will never prove he is a good player if he cannot get some chemistry with Dalton.

I was encouraged by last week with Ross at the very least and now this.

Happy Mixon is alright. That had me worried on the last report. He was playing great against the Saints then we
took him out and we fell apart. I know Gio had the one big play but there is something else about Mixon when he
is out there that fires up the entire Offense.

I hear ya on the Mixon/Saints deal....but down 4 scores really limits a RB's usefulness.  I would love to see them scheme Ross open more.  As you note, chemistry....or timing....seems to be an issue with him and Andy.  Go routes can't be the only thing you send him out on.  Slants, posts, up the seams, those are the routes I'd send him on more.  Wasn't that a post he scored on against ATL?  I can't remember, but I know he wasn't on the sideline when caught the ball.  When the timing gets better, you may be able to send him on the go route more.  The frustrating thing here is that he's missing so much practice, it's hard to get that timing down.  Dalton has to learn to throw earlier and let Ross run to the ball.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 04:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: For real.  I gotta be fair, he played much better at ATL, only to go down with another injury.  From what I've read, it looks like he'll at least give it a go Sunday.  Anyone who isn't pulling for the kid is just hating, or just horsing around sarcastically because hey.....Bengals....lol.  If he can ever get it together, having him, Boyd and Green would be comparable to Ocho, Housh, and Slim.

I hear ya on the Mixon/Saints deal....but down 4 scores really limits a RB's usefulness.  I would love to see them scheme Ross open more.  As you note, chemistry....or timing....seems to be an issue with him and Andy.  Go routes can't be the only thing you send him out on.  Slants, posts, up the seams, those are the routes I'd send him on more.  Wasn't that a post he scored on against ATL?  I can't remember, but I know he wasn't on the sideline when caught the ball.  When the timing gets better, you may be able to send him on the go route more.  The frustrating thing here is that he's missing so much practice, it's hard to get that timing down.  Dalton has to learn to throw earlier and let Ross run to the ball.

if we are out of WRs lets roll gio and Watson out wide. with mixon in the backfield..
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 04:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: For real.  I gotta be fair, he played much better at ATL, only to go down with another injury.  From what I've read, it looks like he'll at least give it a go Sunday.  Anyone who isn't pulling for the kid is just hating, or just horsing around sarcastically because hey.....Bengals....lol.  If he can ever get it together, having him, Boyd and Green would be comparable to Ocho, Housh, and Slim.

Great post Wyche, i think that was a Seam route on the Atlanta Ross TD but i am not sure. With Ross always being
injured and not getting enough time with Dalton added to the lack of using him correctly it is just not a good recipe
right now. Have to get this figured out and the only way it CAN happen is for Ross to stay healthy.

Ross can run almost all the routes, it is not like he was Core coming out of college, he had a wide route tree.

True on Mixon but he is a Receiver too just like Gio except he can run players over and break tackles better. That is
what is great about Mixon's game, he is so versatile with size, speed and power. Love Gio but Mixon has more raw
skills and plays with much more passion and i think it resonates with the team more.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 04:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Some day ross will get it all together.. lets hope hes still here when it happens

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Such a brutal list but at least Mixon did not get added to it.

We have the worst injury luck year in and year out it seems.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote