Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11 year old plays drums with Foo Fighters during Everlong.
I'm a big fan of Dave Grohl.  I have been since his time with Nirvana.  It's really great to see how he continued his career after Nirvana and how much he seems to appreciate his fans.  I just ran across this video where The Foo Fighters had an 11 year old play drums at the end of the show.  She did an awesome job and it looks like she had a really great time.  I liked how at the end Dave walked off center stage to give her the spotlight. It's so cool seeing things like this.

Edit: Here is some back story:

https://mashable.com/video/dave-grohl-nandi-bushell-played-together-live-everlong
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I'm not a fan of his music so much, I was a Thrash Metal fan when he broke with Nirvana, but I am a huge fan of his love of music and how he treats people, not just his fans. About 6 months ago, the day after their Anchorage show, he and Taylor Hawkins along with Dave's daughter went to our local vinyl record store to shop for music and wound up mostly just hanging out and talking music for about an hour and a half with the owners. His daughter bought about $135-150 in cassettes and Dave demanded no price breaks or bundles. He wanted them to stay open and get as much as they can. I loved his appearances in the excellent "All Things Must Pass" documentary. It shows how much he loves music.

Also dug this.

His appearance as Satan in The Pick Of Destiny is awesome. His Probot side-Metal project was cool, I kind of felt that the Metal community kind of shit on it unnecessarily. I think that it was mostly hate from Nirvana helping lead the destruction of Metal, which, in my opinion, is actually jealousy disguised as hate.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I think he has done some other videos with her in the past. He saw her playing his stuff on Youtube, then reached out and they had videos facing off between them.

Still so bummed about Hawkins passing. We were supposed to be driving home from Raleigh today as we had tickets to see them Friday night. The last time they were anywhere near us was the day they played here, but we had to be in VA Beach for her daughter's wedding. Makes me feel like I was destined to never see them perform in person.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote