Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
110 Republican Leaders Won't Vote For Trump. Here Was Their Breaking Points.
I loved looking through this.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/08/29/us/politics/at-least-110-republican-leaders-wont-vote-for-donald-trump-heres-when-they-reached-their-breaking-point.html?_r=0

It pointed out which Republicans and organizations actually have a backbone and a moral compass. Too many politicians kept their toes in the water in the midst of all of Trump's fear mongering and hatred seeing where it was gonna lead before they would take a stand. It shows who cares more about their job and their own personal gain compared to what is best for the country. The ones who took a stand early at the first signs of Trump's insanity are the Republicans who serve the people over themselves. At least that's how I see it.
These guys are idiots, these Republican "leaders." Where the hell were they with a decent candidate back when it mattered? These are the people who are to blame for him being their candidate.

Think how sorry that party is, that they couldn't even field a candidate to beat Hillary, the unethical "reckless" windbag.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(08-29-2016, 03:48 PM)McC Wrote: These guys are idiots, these Republican "leaders." Where the hell were they with a decent candidate back when it mattered? These are the people who are to blame for him being their candidate.

Think how sorry that party is, that they couldn't even field a candidate to beat Hillary, the unethical "reckless" windbag.

Honestly, I think Cruz could've given Clinton a run for her money. I don't know whether anyone in the GOP field would've won, but I think Cruz would've stood a decent chance. The voters in the primaries just didn't want him.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-29-2016, 03:48 PM)McC Wrote: These guys are idiots, these Republican "leaders." Where the hell were they with a decent candidate back when it mattered? These are the people who are to blame for him being their candidate.

There were plenty decent candidates it is just the "idiot Republicans" allowed the people to decide. I suppose they coud have rigged it as the Dems did.

Now they are not following the party line by blindly supporting the Candidate the people chose and for this they deserve scorn?

I see it as some Republicans cannot support their candidate because he might be unfit to serve as POTUS and this makes me proud to have historically backed the GOP. The Dems are in complete bind solidarity how many are proud of them?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-29-2016, 04:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now they are not following the party line by blindly supporting the Candidate the people chose and for this they deserve scorn?

No. This is actually a rather admirable thing. Breaking away from what your party as a whole wants to support a radical candidate that you truly believe in is great. 

They deserve the scorn because they truly believe that this horrible classless man is a good thing for the country. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(08-29-2016, 04:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There were plenty decent candidates it is just the "idiot Republicans" allowed the people to decide. I suppose they coud have rigged it as the Dems did.

Now they are not following the party line by blindly supporting the Candidate the people chose and for this they deserve scorn?

I see it as some Republicans cannot support their candidate because he might be unfit to serve as POTUS and this makes me proud to have historically backed the GOP. The Dems are in complete bind solidarity how many are proud of them?

I stand by what I said.  They ran out a bunch of terrible candidates.  This is all their fault.  The people just went with the loudest idiot.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

(08-29-2016, 05:33 PM)McC Wrote: I stand by what I said.  

Dang it I thought you would reconsider. I never expected you to stand by your words once shown how silly they were.

They presented 16-17 candidates. They went as far Left as George Patakis, as far right as Ted Cruz. They had political insiders and outsiders. They had a Libertarian. They were as diverse to offer an Asian, A Hispanic, and an African American.

But as long as you stand by you words; none of that matters.

(08-29-2016, 04:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I see it as some Republicans cannot support their candidate because he might be unfit to serve as POTUS and this makes me proud to have historically backed the GOP. The Dems are in complete bind solidarity how many are proud of them?

Actually, I think lots of Democrats will be proud as hell if their party prevents Trump from being president...regardless of how sleazy the means.
(08-29-2016, 07:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dang it I thought you would reconsider. I never expected you to stand by your words once shown how silly they were.

They presented 16-17 candidates. They went as far Left as George Patakis, as far right as Ted Cruz. They had political insiders and outsiders. They had a Libertarian. They were as diverse to offer an Asian, A Hispanic, and an African American.

But as long as you stand by you words; none of that matters.

At least you're not being a dick about it.

(08-30-2016, 07:37 AM)McC Wrote: At least you're not being a dick about it.

Like dude is post #2?