Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11yr Old Shoots Home Invader
(09-04-2015, 10:50 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: [Image: 2n8vj20.jpg]

The tragedy here is that the kid learned nothing from the Home Alone movies.
I'm sure there is some witty reason that you are mentioning the that kid while picturing Rachel Madow? (sp? on last name.)
An 11 year old having unsupervised access to a firearm with a 4 year old in the house? Yikes.

Sad outcome, hope it doesn't affect the kid long-term.
(09-04-2015, 01:44 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: So, an 11 yr old shot the 16yr old on the porch, drug the larger person into the house, and the police never noticed ?
Doesn't add up.

What I would believe is the older kid chased the younger one inside the house after an argument.

This article has two witnesses that say it was not a burglary but instead the kid was selling him his phone.

http://gawker.com/11-year-old-shoots-16-year-old-home-invader-but-neig-1728746097

And in this one a relative even says, she doubts the break in story

http://news.yahoo.com/police-11-old-fatally-shoots-intruder-16-missouri-021446818.html#

I never said what you are saying is what happened,but before we get too far down the rabbit hole of just assuming it was some courageous defense of his home and younger sibling we should probably wait for a complete investigation.
Hmm, there is a witness who claims she saw the 11 year old waving the gun earlier in the day. I guess she didn't call the police because she just loves seeing a child uphold the 2nd amendment. It does sort of bring a tear to your eye.

EDIT: Is everyone involved in this story black?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
this story is going to be a media wet-dream....first the kid's a hero, and you can say "guns save lives" or you can lament the kid using a gun - both sides win. Now he's an 11-yr old thug with a gun - again, both sides win.

There's an absolute gold mine here for moralizing and grandstanding. They're all going to have to go into a room and draw up a diagram to figure out what angles to cover and how to do it.
(09-04-2015, 03:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: This article has two witnesses that say it was not a burglary but instead the kid was selling him his phone.

http://gawker.com/11-year-old-shoots-16-year-old-home-invader-but-neig-1728746097

http://news.yahoo.com/police-11-old-fatally-shoots-intruder-16-missouri-021446818.html#

I never said what you are saying is what happened,but before we get too far down the rabbit hole of just assuming it was some courageous defense of his home and younger sibling we should probably wait for a complete investigation.

Ugh.  I hope not.

We had one of my wife's cousin shoot and kill a friend when he though the gun was not loaded a couple years ago.  He was 16 or 17 and he was raised hunting and around guns, but it happened.

Sad story and he's serving time now for it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-04-2015, 03:21 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: An 11 year old having unsupervised access to a firearm with a 4 year old in the house? Yikes.

I wouldn't assume it was the parent's gun.  If some of the new developments are to be believed, I'd tend to assume it WASN'T his parent's gun.
This seemed like the typical "guns make you safer" example but if the kid is black and the gun is an unregistered one it brings in all manner of grey area. Interesting stuff, this.
(09-04-2015, 05:13 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I wouldn't assume it was the parent's gun.  If some of the new developments are to be believed, I'd tend to assume it WASN'T his parent's gun.

Yikes. Either way, an 11 year old having access to a firearm while unsupervised is ridiculous. No matter how it was obtained. 
(09-04-2015, 06:11 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Yikes. Either way, an 11 year old having access to a firearm while unsupervised is ridiculous. No matter how it was obtained. 

Assuming it's not the parents' gun, tell that to the gang that gave him the gun.
(09-04-2015, 06:16 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Assuming it's not the parents' gun, tell that to the gang that gave him the gun.

Well surely something like a firearm is registered so authorities could hold someone responsible for it ending up in the hands of an 11 year old.....right?   Ninja
(09-04-2015, 07:51 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Well surely something like a firearm is registered so authorities could hold someone responsible for it ending up in the hands of an 11 year old.....right?   Ninja

Obama apparently didnt come and personally take it away like he did with all the others. 
(09-04-2015, 10:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There is a big difference between leaving children alone in their own home and leaving them alone out in public with no supervision.

You can still get in trouble for leaving a child too young at home alone.  But the rules are much stricter about leaving them alone out in public.

I don't see anything wrong with leaving an 11 year old home without supervision for short periods of time.

I also see nothing wrong with this at all. But Child services would be called out in this instance i would assume... And who knows what those crazy people would do ..
(09-04-2015, 01:59 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I'm sure there is some witty reason that you are mentioning the that kid while picturing Rachel Madow? (sp? on last name.)

That dude rachal Maddow is pretty awesome.
(09-04-2015, 03:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: This article has two witnesses that say it was not a burglary but instead the kid was selling him his phone.

I understand what you are saying.
The preceding opinions that were discussed were formed after reading a credible news source.
That being said, it seems that there always more to the story.
(09-05-2015, 02:58 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I also see nothing wrong with this at all.  But Child services would be called out in this instance i would assume...  And who knows what those crazy people would do ..

Do you think an 11 year old is mature enough to be trusted with a gun with no adults around?

At what age do you think it is safe to allow a child to have a gun with no adults around?
(09-05-2015, 12:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Do you think an 11 year old is mature enough to be trusted with a gun with no adults around?

At what age do you think it is safe to allow a child to have a gun with no adults around?

Depends on their level of education. Some 11 year olds are probably better suited with a gun than some adults. Given the scope of training.

I really wouldn't venture a guess unless I knew his training level.
(09-05-2015, 03:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Depends on their level of education.   Some 11 year olds are probably better suited with a gun than some adults.  Given the scope of training.  

Well he shot someone instead of himself, so he's got that part going for him.  On a lighter note, I went to school with a kid who had a .22 (because of course) and he shot himself in the foot at the age of 13 to see if the bullet would ricochet off his steel toed boots.
(09-05-2015, 03:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Depends on their level of education.   Some 11 year olds are probably better suited with a gun than some adults.  Given the scope of training.  

It is not about training.  It is about maturity and decision making.

How young of a child do you think could be "trained" to be safe with a gun when no adults are around?

How old are your daughters?
(09-05-2015, 10:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not about training.  It is about maturity and decision making.

How young of a child do you think could be "trained" to be safe with a gun when no adults are around?

How old are your daughters?

Like I said, I wouldn't venture a guess because I don't know the kid. My girls aren't using guns yet. But we will be showing them the proper way to handle, transport, and Fire a gun. At what age? ..... That depends on a lot of factors.

I don't think they are really into guns. Maybe my youngest will be more excited about it ... idk. My oldest is really careful and very deliberate.