Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12/10 practice
Jones still out, Iloka and Burfict in sweats. Hall back to full practice. Eifert back for 2nd day.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 01:34 PM)pally Wrote: Jones still out, Iloka and Burfict in sweats.  Hall back to full practice.  Eifert back for 2nd day.

Sucks, troubling, Good, Great....
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 01:34 PM)pally Wrote: Jones still out, Iloka and Burfict in sweats.  Hall back to full practice.  Eifert back for 2nd day.

(12-10-2015, 01:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Sucks, troubling, Good, Great....

My guess everyone but Jones has a good 80% certainty to play.
Reply/Quote
If Hall doesn't play we lose.

Not meaning to bash Shaw and Hill, but they are just too green to face a team like the Steelers. Give them a few games experience and they might be okay, but no matter how good they are they need some game experience to sharpen their skills. Their heads will be spinning Sunday.

Hate Roethlisberger all you want, but he is a Hall-of-Fame QB and as dangerous as any QB in the league throwing the ball down the field. His Antonio Brown is as good as any WR in the league, and his #2 and #3 (Markus Wheaton, Martavis Bryant) are talented enough to make them as good as any trio in the league. TE Heath Miller will eat up the middle of the field if leave that open.

We will miss Iloka also.

If Hall does play then we might get by. But if we lose anyone to injury during the game it could get ugly.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 03:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Hall doesn't play we lose.

Not meaning to bash Shaw and Hill, but they are just too green to face a team like the Steelers.  Give them a few games experience and they might be okay, but no matter how good they are they need some game experience to sharpen their skills.  Their heads will be spinning Sunday.

Hate Roethlisberger all you want, but he is a Hall-of-Fame QB and as dangerous as any QB in the league throwing the ball down the field.  His Antonio Brown is as good as any WR in the league, and his #2 and #3 (Markus Wheaton, Martavis Bryant) are talented enough to make them as good as any trio in the league.  TE Heath Miller will eat up the middle of the field if leave that open.

We will miss Iloka also.

If Hall does play then we might get by.  But if we lose anyone to injury during the game it could get ugly.

This banged up secondary will definitely get tested hard on Sunday, which is why I'm hoping the D-line brings their A+ game and can get consistent pressure on Ben. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 03:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Hall doesn't play we lose.

Not meaning to bash Shaw and Hill, but they are just too green to face a team like the Steelers.  Give them a few games experience and they might be okay, but no matter how good they are they need some game experience to sharpen their skills.  Their heads will be spinning Sunday.

Hate Roethlisberger all you want, but he is a Hall-of-Fame QB and as dangerous as any QB in the league throwing the ball down the field.  His Antonio Brown is as good as any WR in the league, and his #2 and #3 (Markus Wheaton, Martavis Bryant) are talented enough to make them as good as any trio in the league.  TE Heath Miller will eat up the middle of the field if leave that open.

We will miss Iloka also.

If Hall does play then we might get by.  But if we lose anyone to injury during the game it could get ugly.

It all comes down to the health of Hall and Iloka. If they are both out, we are going to struggle immensely. Shaw has shown growth and potential, but he's definitely not ready to take this heavy a challenge on.

Plus I'm not really big on Shawn Williams in coverage. He can lay the wood, but his deep ball play isn't really good. He needs to bring his A game if he's starting.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 03:58 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:
This banged up secondary will definitely get tested hard on Sunday, which is why I'm hoping the D-line brings their A+ game and can get consistent pressure on Ben. 

Yep

In the last game the Steelers owned the LOS more often then not. Andy was running for his life and we only got sporadic pressure on Pig Ben.

I believe the line play will determine the outcome of this game - period. We have to give Andy some time and we have to get pressure on Pig Ben. Our secondary can't begin to cover beilg banged up and all if he has all day to throw.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jones is out of the cast...no idea if Marv took a saw to it or not..status for Sun still unknown. As much as I would like to see him play, I would rather see him sit and heal than potentially messing up that foot even more and taking him out for Jan and Feb

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 04:44 PM)pally Wrote: Jones is out of the cast...no idea if Marv took a saw to it or not..status for Sun still unknown.  As much as I would like to see him play, I would rather see him sit and heal than potentially messing up that foot even more and taking him out for Jan and Feb

Agree but then this game also does so much in terms of seeding, winning the division, and knocking out the Steelers, so it might be worth it.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 04:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Agree but then this game also does so much in terms of seeding, winning the division, and knocking out the Steelers, so it might be worth it.

Lord I hate it when I agree with you.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 04:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Agree but then this game also does so much in terms of seeding, winning the division, and knocking out the Steelers, so it might be worth it.

not worth it if he is out for the rest of the year.. we can go 3-1 and still wrap up 1st seed in my minds.. I don;t see NE winning out and 3-1 means we defeated Denver.
Reply/Quote
Luckily it looks like the Dline is healthy. This is where we must make our money. We must stop the run with the front 7 and pressure Big Ben with the down 4. This allows us to play cover-2 and give help to both sides of the field.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 12:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Luckily it looks like the Dline is healthy. This is where we must make our money. We must stop the run with the front 7 and pressure Big Ben with the down 4. This allows us to play cover-2 and give help to both sides of the field.

I agree. The D line simply HAS to be the difference in this game. With our injuries at DB, the steelers are simply going to go 3 wide and spread out our D. Unless the D line hurries ben, he will sit back and throw to WRs who get open, or dump to TE miller if the WRs are covered. Plus, with us spread out, it could be a field day for deangelo hall if our LBs are busy covering miller and spying on ben. My guess is we're simply going to have to outscore them in a track meet. It may be the team who has the ball last wins.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 05:59 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Lord I hate it when I agree with you.
It happens.
(12-10-2015, 10:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: not worth it if he is out for the rest of the year.. we can go 3-1 and still wrap up 1st seed in my minds.. I don;t see NE winning out and 3-1 means we defeated Denver.

I'd just rather not rely on other teams to ensure a bye.

Patriots haven't looked like the Patriots, but I never count out Tom Brady to come through in the clutch, plus I'd like us to have a bit of a cushion in case we drop one.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 12:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Luckily it looks like the Dline is healthy. This is where we must make our money. We must stop the run with the front 7 and pressure Big Ben with the down 4. This allows us to play cover-2 and give help to both sides of the field.

Exactly.  Give up some underneath stuff, but nothing over the top.  You just know Fat will get bored and want to air one out and Reggie will be there in his effort to become Pig Ben's leading receiver.  
Reply/Quote
The good thing about our backup DB's is that they go through practice each week lining up against some of the best receivers in the league....
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 10:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Exactly.  Give up some underneath stuff, but nothing over the top.  You just know Fat will get bored and want to air one out and Reggie will be there in his effort to become Pig Ben's leading receiver.  

Hopefully and if it is indeed very windy the deep ball will suffer.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 01:57 PM)M.W. Wrote: Hopefully and if it is indeed very windy the deep ball will suffer.

I saw someone posted high winds, yet every weather site I check says 67 to 70 degrees with winds 11 to 15 MPH which is not windy at all.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 02:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I saw someone posted high winds, yet every weather site I check says 67 to 70 degrees with winds 11 to 15 MPH which is not windy at all.

i think they said Gust up to 40....
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 02:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I saw someone posted high winds, yet every weather site I check says 67 to 70 degrees with winds 11 to 15 MPH which is not windy at all.

It's windy enough that I worry just a touch about long balls and field goals towards the South end zone. Breezes get funny coming off the river.
Reply/Quote