Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12/7 - Terrorist attack
[Image: o9otdchoxi481.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...6e83162af4]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 04:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mike Lindell is a pretty big fan of calling out fox news...I bet he did it.

Also, why is Fox even in Manhattan?  They should operated out if Mississippi or some other good state.  

You been out in my garage?  Maybe YOU set the thing on fire!  And if Mike Lindell did it, he'll run his tweaked out mouth all twitchin on his Network or whatever he has.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Fox. This is America's "Pearl Harbor" Moment.

I mistakenly said 9/11 or 1/6. Turns out it is Pearl Harbor they are selling it as.

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1469068572857184260

Are we about to declare war on Antreefa?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Nah we don’t make threads about every little thing. If Tucker Carlson had done the things Cuomo has done how many threads do you think we’d have?

Edit:And quit watching Fox. You all are masochists or just watch it so you can complain about it. It’s bizarre.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 10:25 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Nah we don’t make threads about every little thing. If Tucker Carlson had done the things Cuomo has done how many threads do you think we’d have?  

Edit:And quit watching Fox. You all are masochists or just watch it so you can complain about it. It’s bizarre.

There's a topic about Biden's granddaughter that he never met.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 10:25 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Nah we don’t make threads about every little thing. If Tucker Carlson had done the things Cuomo has done how many threads do you think we’d have?  

I do sometimes giggle when there is a post, and this is directed solely at you, about "why aren't there more posts about "X"?" instead of the poster just making a thread about it.

To me its because they really don't care about the "X" topic but feel the need to make a comparison anyway.

TBF Cuomo got fired for what he did.

Tucker just has his lawyer explain that no one should believe him.

Cuomo abused his position to help his brother who was/is in legal trouble.

Tucker just abuses his position, daily, to undermine democracy.

So yeah, there will be more posts about the guy still currently doing the bad thing than the guy who got fired for doing a bad thing. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 10:49 AM)GMDino Wrote: I do sometimes giggle when there is a post, and this is directed solely at you, about "why aren't there more posts about "X"?" instead of the poster just making a thread about it.

To me its because they really don't care about the "X" topic but feel the need to make a comparison anyway.

TBF Cuomo got fired for what he did.

Tucker just has his lawyer explain that no one should believe him.

Cuomo abused his position to help his brother who was/is in legal trouble.

Tucker just abuses his position, daily, to undermine democracy.

So yeah, there will be more posts about the guy still currently doing the bad thing than the guy who got fired for doing a bad thing. Mellow

Tucker hasn’t done anything like Cuomo. He just says stupid shit. O’Reilley did however.

And I wasn’t asking why there are no posts. I was pointing out that the conservatives don’t feel the need to.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Well, I for one tuned in every now and then to get myself perplexed, and to understand where so many people might get their determination and their faulty alternative truths and narratives from.

In that sense, I'd say Tucker and buddies did and do may wore damage to the public than Cuomo did by overexcessively helping his brother in his defense. Hence I can see why there are more threads about FOX than about a disgraced CNN host.

Plus, Cuomo got fired anyway. If Tucker got fired for the millions of incendiary things he told to millions of people, I could see the comparison more clearly.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 03:35 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, I for one tuned in every now and then to get myself perplexed, and to understand where so many people might get their determination and their faulty alternative truths and narratives from.

In that sense, I'd say Tucker and buddies did and do may wore damage to the public than Cuomo did by overexcessively helping his brother in his defense. Hence I can see why there are more threads about FOX than about a disgraced CNN host.

Plus, Cuomo got fired anyway. If Tucker got fired for the millions of incendiary things he told to millions of people, I could see the comparison more clearly.

Don’t forget sexual harassment from I would assume a big me too proponent.

I don’t watch Fox, CNN or MSNBC and I don’t feel like I’m missing a thing.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 06:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: Or so they desperately are treating it. Came in to see if there was a big discussion on the 12/7 terrorist attack - As Fox News has covered as if it was 9/11 all day today.

Sounds like no one cares about their Christmas Tree like Fox has today. It's had round the clock coverage. On par with the Christmas Parade murders, 1/6 and 9/11.

Not even my favorite posters came in to blame BLM or Antifa?

I'm disappointed.

I agree, it almost appears to be a satirical, faux outrage over the incident.  If the powers that be at that network really wanted to have some fun, they would be celebrating the downfall of both of the beta male faces of CNN that went down in flames in the same week, Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 05:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, it almost appears to be a satirical, faux outrage over the incident.  If the powers that be at that network really wanted to have some fun, they would be celebrating the downfall of both of the beta male faces of CNN that went down in flames in the same week, Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon..

Tell me you're steeped in the alt-right wing nut bullshit without telling me you're steeped in it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 06:04 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Tell me you're steeped in the alt-right wing nut bullshit without telling me you're steeped in it.

Cmon man. Tucker C is so alpha with his bow ties. I bet he could take on Beta Cuomo, The Rock (errr...Dwayne), and John Cena. Make them cry liberal limp wristed tears of pain! 

Yeah....that stuff is lame af. Lol
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 05:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t watch Fox, CNN or MSNBC and I don’t feel like I’m missing a thing.

That seems reasonable. I figure what one might miss when not watching this three very much not excellent news networks is how people got quite so polarized and radical. Barring few exceptions, these networks (maybe CNN not quite that much) thrive for stirring up controversy and handing out partisan talking points - with massive spins and distortions on all sides, in FOX's case also with deliberate misinformation and outright lies.

But sure, it's different for me as a foreigner trying to get a grip on how certain things are even possible, how a country full of sophisticated people can have such a dumbed down, primitive and hostile political discourse over everything. These networks are quite defining for that state of affairs, I would assume, that's why they spark my interest.
Reply/Quote
Seriously though, other than being full of crap, why is Fox News centered in Manhattan? Why not pull up stakes and go to Montana or Mississippi or some other real state with low taxes and people who would be willing to guard the tree for free? Hell, you'd probably get a militia of freedom lovers patrolling fox news all day and night.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 08:09 PM)hollodero Wrote: That seems reasonable. I figure what one might miss when not watching this three very much not excellent news networks is how people got quite so polarized and radical. Barring few exceptions, these networks (maybe CNN not quite that much) thrive for stirring up controversy and handing out partisan talking points - with massive spins and distortions on all sides, in FOX's case also with deliberate misinformation and outright lies.

But sure, it's different for me as a foreigner trying to get a grip on how certain things are even possible, how a country full of sophisticated people can have such a dumbed down, primitive and hostile political discourse over everything. These networks are quite defining for that state of affairs, I would assume, that's why they spark my interest.

Is there really an equivocation here between MSNBC/CNN on one hand, and Fox on the other? "Also" doesn't seem to add much here.

The "partisan talking points" for one side are that the election was stolen, Russia is our friend, and mask mandates don't work.

Are there equivalent "massive spins and distortions" on the other side? 
Reply/Quote
the best chicken shwarma in the city comes out of a box truck a couple of blocks north on 6th there. would have been a shame if anything happened to those guys.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 02:19 PM)Dill Wrote: Is there really an equivocation here between MSNBC/CNN on one hand, and Fox on the other? "Also" doesn't seem to add much here.

The "partisan talking points" for one side are that the election was stolen, Russia is our friend, and mask mandates don't work.

Are there equivalent "massive spins and distortions" on the other side? 

No, I don't see them as equivalent. As I stated many times, the right wing networks cross borders their counterparts would not cross. Yep, FOX is even worse.

That just doesn't lead me to the conclusion that since FOX is so bad, those on the other siede are automatically the force of good. To me, they most certainly are not, and I could create one of my lists to underline why I think that. But overall, many MSNBC hosts are partisan hacks with very narrow perspectives and kopsided coverage, trying to steer their audience. I (of course with several exceptions) see them as part of the problem. 
Reply/Quote

Actually, Mike, I think that the nation is in a lot of trouble. 

50 million+ voters believe the election was stolen, and they are determined to make sure that Republicans take back Congress and the Presidency--by creating state laws that will insure their victory. Fox helps create and maintain the information bubble which sustains those efforts.

I watch Fox in part to understand how the damage progresses and to understand how we got here.

My Fox watching is therefore "research" of the same sort as investigative journalist conduct. It is required if I want to be an informed citizen.

I will understand much less about the state of the nation if I stop watching Fox, though I may not be watching it for "news."
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 08:48 PM)hollodero Wrote: No, I don't see them as equivalent. As I stated many times, the right wing networks cross borders their counterparts would not cross. Yep, FOX is even worse.

That just doesn't lead me to the conclusion that since FOX is so bad, those on the other siede are automatically the force of good. To me, they most certainly are not, and I could create one of my lists to underline why I think that. But overall, many MSNBC hosts are partisan hacks with very narrow perspectives and kopsided coverage, trying to steer their audience. I (of course with several exceptions) see them as part of the problem. 

One reason why I don't see them as equivalent is because I believe I have learned a lot about law and politics and history from watching MSNBC--at least from Maddow and Haines, whom I mainly watch. 

I also rather enjoy CNN Sunday shows, with people like Fareed Zacharia. 

Where, in your view, is MSNBC/CNN trying to steer its audience? How does redressing/correcting Fox disinformation make them part of the problem, not a "force of good"? Do you have special commentators in mind? Have you an example of the "massive spin" you find there?

Are there political commentators with daily/weakly shows anywhere whom you don't think are partisan hacks? 

Just trying to get a sense of your standards, from someone whose judgment I generally respect. And this matters because, from my perspective, the current Fox/right wing disinformation campaign sustains itself in great part on false media equivalencies--like Cuomo = Tucker, and "both sides" spin fake news every day.
Reply/Quote